Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Exclamation Game 1: Bucks at Celtics 6:30PM

VS

Friday, November 2, 2012

7:30 PM ET - TD Garden, Boston, MA

TV: FOX Sports Wisconsin – RADIO: Newsradio 620 WTMJ – Game #1 – Road Game #1 BUCKS P BUCKS P BUCKS P BUCKS PROBABLE ST ROBABLE ST ROBABLE ST ROBABLE STARTING LINE AARRTTIINNGG LLIINNEE ARTING LINE- -- -UP UUPP UP W/ PRESEASON STATS W/ PRESEASON STATS W/ PRESEASON STATS W/ PRESEASON STATS # Player Ht Wt G GS PPG RPG APG MPG FG% 3FG% FT% 15 Tobias Harris F 6-8 226 8 8 8.0 3.3 1.4 19.8 .439 .500 1.000 7 Ersan Ilyasova F 6-10 235 8 7 11.1 5.6 2.5 21.3 .465 .286 .833 21 Samuel Dalembert C 6-11 260 8 6 5.3 5.9 0.6 20.0 .436 --- .667 11 Monta Ellis G 6-3 185 8 8 13.3 2.5 4.0 28.0 .359 .350 .625 3 Brandon Jennings G 6-1 169 8 8 13.9 2.8 4.8 29.5 .398 .375 .947
    INJURY REPORT INJURY REPORT INJURY REPORT INJURY REPORT UPCOMING GAMES UPCOMING GAMES UPCOMING GAMES UPCOMING GAMES Player Injury Status Date Opp Time (CT) TV John Henson Lt. Knee S prain/Bone Bruise Questionable Nov. 3 vs. CLE 7:30 p.m. FSW Luc Mbah a Moute Rt. Knee Surgery Rehab Out Nov. 7 vs. MEM 7:00 p.m. FSW Joel Przybilla Left Ankle Sprain Probable Nov. 9 @ WAS 6:00 p.m. None Nov. 10 vs. BOS 7:30 p.m. FSW Nov. 12 @ PHI 6:00 p.m. FSW
    UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Subject UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Subject UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Subject UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change ttoo CChhaannggee to Change, ,, , * ** *Look Out for LLooookk OOuutt ffoorr Look Out for Bucks Daily BBuucckkss DDaaiillyy Bucks Daily to Provide ttoo PPrroovviiddee to Provide Most Accurate Times MMoosstt AAccccuurraattee TTiimmeess Most Accurate Times) )) ) Date What’s Going On Sat. Nov. 3 Bucks Walk -Through Coach Scott Availability Coach Skiles Availability 5:00 p.m. (No availability) 6:15 p.m. 6:30 p.m. Sun. Nov. 4 Practice* Time TBD Mon. Nov. 5 Practice* Time TBD Tue. Nov. 6 Practice* Time TBD Wed. Nov. 7 Bucks Shootaround Grizzlies Shootaround Coach Hollins Availability Coach Skiles Availability 9:45 a.m. (Availability after, approximately 10:30 a.m.) 11:00 a.m. (Availability TBD) 5:30 p.m. 6:00 p.m. RECENT TRANSACTIONS RECENT TRANSACTIONS RECENT TRANSACTIONS RECENT TRANSACTIONS Date Transaction Oct. 27, 2012 Waived Farrakhan, Gill, Greene and Tucker Oct. 1, 2012 Signed free agents Mustapha Farrakhan, Eddie Gill, Orien Greene and Alando Tucker Sept. 25, 2012 Signed free agent Marquis Daniels Aug. 9, 2012 Signed free agent Joel Przybilla
    BUCK SHOTS BUCK SHOTS BUCK SHOTS BUCK SHOTS

This marks the 28 th consecutive year that the Bucks have opened their season on the road, with a 14-13 record over that span. Overall, Milwaukee is 24-20 in season-opening games: 19-16 on the road and 5-4 at home. For more tidbits about Bucks opening nights, see the “News and Notes” section on the next page.

The Bucks completed the 2012 preseason with a 3-5 record, making their overall preseason record 181-167.

Several Milwaukee players finished the preseason ranked in the Top-20 among NBA leaders… Samuel Dalembert, 2nd in bpg (2.63); Tobias Harris, T-1st in FT% (1.000); Ersan Ilyasova, 17 th in ST:TO ratio (1.29:1); John Henson, T-15 th in bpg (1.67); Brandon Jennings, 19 th in FT% (.947); Larry Sanders 3 rd in bpg (2.57); Beno Udrih 2nd in A:TO ratio (7.25:1).

This season, Milwaukee looks to continue a huge increase in scoring that occurred last season. The team improved their 2010-11 points per game average of 91.9 to 99.0 in 2011-12.
    TONIGHT’S OPPONENT TTOONNIIGGHHTT’’SS OOPPPPOONNEENNTT TONIGHT’S OPPONENT – –– – Boston Celtics BBoossttoonn CCeellttiiccss Boston Celtics – –– – Atlantic AAttllaannttiicc Atlantic Division (In 2011 Division (In 2011 Division (In 2011 Division (In 2011- -- -12 1122 12: 1 :: 11 : 1 st sstt st , ,, , 39 3399 39- -- -27 2277 27) )) )

2012-13 Regular Season Match-ups (CT) Nov. 2, 2012 @ Boston – 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1, 2012 @ Milwaukee – 7:30 p.m. Nov. 10, 2012 @ Milwaukee – 7:30 p.m. Dec. 21, 2012 @ Boston – 6:30 p.m. ALL-TIME SERIES: Bucks trail 91-97 (Lost last 6) Home: 58-35 Road: 33-62 (Lost last 4)

Opening their season on the road is nothing new for the Bucks, but in this instance Milwaukee will begin the season at the same location its previous season ended, with a 74-87 loss on April 26.

Milwaukee has played its season opener in Boston on three previous occasions: 1987-88 L, 108-125; 1989- 90 L, 114-127; 1995-96 W, 101-100.

New Bucks forward Marquis Daniels played in Boston for the previous three seasons. With the Celtics, he averaged 4.9 points and 2.0 rebounds over 138 games.
    LAST TIME VS. BOSTON L, 74-87 – Shorthanded again, the Bucks dropped their season finale in Boston, losing by 13 points in a game in which they never led. The Celtics set a new quarter-scoring high for an opponent for the season with 39 points in the second frame, but also set a new quarter low with only nine points in the fourth quarter. Tobias Harris paced the Bucks with 16 points and nine rebounds. Beno Udrih came off the bench to dish out six assists. All active Celtics players got minutes in the game, and all scored except for Rajon Rondo, although he did record a game- high 15 assists. Avery Bradley led Boston in scoring with 14 points, and Brandon Bass had a high of nine rebounds for the Celtics.

vCash
    Well here we go to.... I'll see how long I can stomach this team before I stop caring again

vCash
    Wowser

vCash
    Fear the damn dear

vCash
    Great games from Jennings, Harris, and sanders. I also loved the playing time distribution, with the exception of Ellis.

vCash
    Watched it from start to finish, here's what I saw:

1.) Sanders could be starting by next year. When he is in the game our team is just rejuvenated, they play harder, get more rebounds. Kid is a stud and like I have been saying, needs this type of PT. Yes he fouled out, but he had a very productive game and by that time the game was out of reach.

2.) Jennings is a star in the making. Took it at Rondo without regard and I loved it. We need to sign him now.

3.) How about Tobias Harris?! 18 6 and 2 I'll take that from him.

4.) IDK what has been wrong with Ellis, but he needs to figure out his role on this team.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Score one for Brandon Jennings in his duel with Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo.

And score one for the Milwaukee Bucks, who posted a stylish 99-88 season-opening victory over the Celtics on Friday night at a sold-out TD Garden.

An aggressive Bucks team built a 22-point lead in the third quarter and still led by that margin late in the fourth quarter until substitutes for both sides entered the game.

Jennings finished with 21 points, a career-high-tying 13 assists and a career-best six steals in a highly efficient performance while playing just 29 minutes.

"He didn't just have good games; he just owned me," Jennings said of his previous matchups with Rondo. "I'll be honest.

"But this is a different year. I know I have to be more aggressive. We missed the playoffs two years in a row. It started from tonight.

"I'm just trying to go out there and compete every night. As long as every guard knows I gave my all and they felt me that night."

The Celtics (0-2) lost their home opener after dropping their first game in Miami on Tuesday. And they never really got started against a Bucks defense that held them to 30% shooting and just 30 points in the first half.

"I thought right from the jump ball we were just highly competitive," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "We had a lot of energy and guys were doing their jobs out there.

"We were in the right place defensively most of the night, challenged some shots at the rim. When they started to come back in the third (quarter), we were able to turn them over a couple times and we made a couple easy baskets when we needed it."

Tobias Harris, getting a start at small forward and also playing some at power forward when the Celtics went to a small lineup, contributed 18 points and six rebounds. Harris defended well against Boston's Paul Pierce, who was limited to 11 points and had four turnovers.

Guard Monta Ellis added 14 points and three Bucks reserves had 10 apiece - forwards Larry Sanders and Ekpe Udoh and point guard Beno Udrih.

The Bucks' big men picked up some fouls but Skiles juggled them in and out of the lineup.

"We were ready," Sanders said. "We want to hang our hats on our defense.

"We're able to be more aggressive and pick up those fouls because we've got some guys coming in behind us that are going to be ready. That's our theme now, just depend on a teammate."

Kevin Garnett led the Celtics with 15 points and Rondo added 14 points and 11 assists.

"I still don't like our urgency yet, honestly," Boston coach Doc Rivers said. "When you watch us play, I don't like how we're approaching the games."

Jennings has starred on opening night before. In his NBA debut in 2009 he nearly had a triple-double at Philadelphia (17 points, nine assists, nine rebounds).

"We lost that game though," Jennings said. "I'd rather take this one."

Jennings did not receive a contract extension earlier this week while several of the top point guards in the 2009 class - Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson and Stephen Curry - got new deals.

"It just makes me hungrier," Jennings said. "I've been through the situation before when I went to Oak Hill (Academy), when I went to Europe. People kept saying, 'It's not going to work.'

"I'm just going to go out there and play basketball and let everything else take care of itself."

Jennings hit 9 of 17 shots, using his floater effectively and knocking down several jumpers.

He had five of his assists and five steals in the third quarter as the Bucks extended a 16-point halftime lead to 76-58 entering the final period.

"He was very, very good," Skiles said. "In the third when they were starting to get after it a little bit more and getting up into him and bumping him, he responded very well."

The duo of Jennings and Ellis looked in sync.

"We're not worried about what anybody says," Ellis said. "Tonight we worked off each other and hopefully we can continue to do that and get more wins.

"It was not just one or two people. It was the whole team and that's what we need every night."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/177036521.html

vCash
    Yeah the thing that has had me excited about Harris is his potential to be a high efficiency scorer. Well last night he was 8-11, including 2-2 from deep. Now he won't be that good all the time, but love to see that.

Henson and Lamb don't figure to be factors on this year's team. I'm hoping next year they are ready to go.

vCash
    Just worried once Moute is back Harris will get less playing time.

vCash
    I could only watch a few minutes of the game, but I'm glad they came out strong. Feels like forever since they've won their opener.

It will be interesting to see Gooden's role on this team. I think they're better served playing Sanders and Udoh, but if they need some shooting I guess Gooden will get some minutes.

vCash
    I honestly hope Gooden doesn't play when everyone is healthy. I just don't see minutes for him, Daniels, Pryzbilla, Henson, or Lamb. I wish Lamb would play more than Udrih, but he'll probably only get chances when Beno is struggling.

Jennings- 33
    Ellis- 34
    Harris- 25
    Ersan- 25
    Dalembert- 18
    Sanders- 20
    Udoh- 20
    Mbah Moute- 20
    Dunleavy- 20
    Udrih- 15

This is what I hope to see.
    Last edited by thornga2; 11-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.