Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Harden Trade

vCash

Harden Trade

This has bothered me too much for me not to at least half assed rant about it. My beef is with our brass sitting on their hands and watching Houston nab the type of player we needed in James Harden.

I know most of you will jump all over this and say that we just traded for Monta Ellis… are you on drugs?... Just hear me out.
    Monta Ellis has never been and never will be a franchise type of player. He is not going to be a guy who brings us to that next level. Good player, fills seats, not a player that will turn a franchise around.

Not to mention he simply cannot defend his position…at all. This is vital as well because if you look around the league, just about every team has a scoring 2 guard who at least stand over 6’4”. These players easily back Monta down on offense and score at ease.

If you need a whole season to figure out that having a 6’1” 170 pg and a 6’3” 180 sg in the same backcourt will not work, then I’m sorry but we have a sad staff.

As I look at our roster I notice one thing. Our entire team is made up of trade pieces. Why not mix things up?! CLEARLY WHAT WE’VE BEEN DOING HASN’T BEEN WORKING.
    If you look at what OKC got in return Kevin Martin (scoring two), Jeremy Lamb (young potential starter) and a first round pick.

I immediately thought why the hell didn’t we offer Monta? Hell I’d throw in Lamb and one of our 18 PF’s on this team (except Henson) and a first round pick.
    I just don’t think a lot of people understand what type of player that the Milwaukee Bucks need. They don’t only need a superstar, they need a guy who doesn’t care where he plays, and just wants to win…see Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, those types of personalities.
    Harden while he isn’t the player that those two players are, has that mentality. He simply wanted a long term deal.
    Again sorry for the rant, but I am sick and tired of us letting the good teams get better, while we continue mediocrity.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Like I posted all the details of this trade in trades and rumors section. I doubt we have the bait to land Harden and his $80M max. Besides Rockets and a ton of picks from when they missed on Howard. They threw in the Toronto pick right now. There playing decent.

But tossed in Mavs late first this coming draft and Bobcats second rounder which is pretty much a late first unless they explode which I think they might hard to say. But Rockets tossed in high pick Lamb. Even though we can say our Lamb played better as of late. Hard to say. There's a chance Kohl might be selling.

Reason why were slow on signing Jenning's to his deal. Then deciding on Ellis. I know most of us want to deal Ellis now. But look at scrubs like DeRozan!!!! Over paid 2's cause there's not many out there. Unless our Lamb breaks out I wouldnt trade Ellis yet. Unless we get Matthews and another nice asset from POrtland. But their always stingy!!

Look at it this way like I said in the other topic. With Harden and Martin and Lamb dealt. Not many sg's left on the market to trade right now. Ellis value could go up for trade or market goes up to sign. We have to deal with it one way or the other.

vCash
    Yea, I don't think we had the peices to land him either. I don't think Ellis is the type of player they wanted, since Ellis and Westbrook are very similar. They wanted a shooter, which Martin is. Plus, the must have really liked Jeremy Lamb, a young two guard who I'm assuming they think can pretty much be the next Harden. We don't have that piece. And before you say we have a bunch of PFs, so does Houston, and it doesn't appear they coveted a piece like that.

Also, I don't think Harden is worth a max deal. I guess we'll see what he does this year and we can rehash this discussion, but I just don't think he's a max deal guy. Finally, I think if we did make a trade, which would have required trading at least 1 if not more draft picks, we are really crippling our future too. If we sign him to a max deal, then sign Jennings to a relatively high deal, we don't really have a ton of money left. And since we're not the most attractive market, we have to overpay for FAs.

vCash
    Not sure if the Kings would want Ellis? Also if they did take him what long term deal they force on us to acquire Evans? I could see them trying to force Salmons or Garcia or Hayes in the deal package with Evans for Ellis.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

vCash
    I would love to grab Evans.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png