Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Rockets interested in Harden

NBA Rumors: Mavs and Rockets Reportedly Interested in James Harden
    By Alex Kay

When James Harden becomes a restricted free agent in the summer of 2013, he’s going to be one of the hottest commodities on the market.

According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets have already made their intent to steal Harden away from the Oklahoma City Thunder known.
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    I know at least two teams near OKC (Houston & Dallas) that are huge Harden fans and will have cap space to sign him to loaded offer sheet
    These Texas-based franchises are projected to have plenty of cap space next summer, and it would not be surprising to see them make a serious run at the reigning Sixth Man of the Year.

Considering that a “loaded” contract could be headed Harden’s way, it’s possible that the dollar figures on these offers will be too rich for OKC to match.

Remember, the Thunder have Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka all under contract for the 2013-14 season.

As of right now, it’s going to be impossible for Harden to get a max deal from his current franchise. This is an issue that could be a major factor in his possible defection via free agency.

Stein noted that the young shooting guard would prefer to stick around, but may be faced with an extremely tough financial decision.

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine
    Harden wants to stay. OKC's star trio legitimately tight. But would you, at 23, take less than max if you knew you could get max elsewhere?
    If Harden can stay at or raise his averages from the 2011-12 campaign (16.8 points per game, 4.1 rebounds per game, 3.7 assists per game, 1.0 steal per game, 49.1 percent field-goal shooting and 39.0 percent three-point shooting in 62 games), while still coming off the bench for a championship contender, he’s going to be inundated with massive offers in the offseason.

While it remains to be seen whether the former Arizona State standout can make the leap from stud sixth man to superstar starter, it's something that many franchises will be willing to wager a lot of money on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ouston-rockets

vCash
    I know that this is a Bleacher Report article, and I despise them as a news source as much as the next guy. But this certainly isn't a shocking or unbelievable idea and Stein himself posted as much on Twitter. So what do you guys think? Would you give a max contract to James Harden if he's available next summer? I certainly would.

vCash
    It all depends on how well Lamb plays this season.

vCash
    Yeah it depends on how the young guys shake out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    This. I'd love to have Harden, I really love his game but if Lamb pans out, there's no reason to give Harden a max contract. And even if Lamb struggles a bit in his first season, but he shows some potential, I think we shoudn't go after Harden. He is a great player, star potential, but I don't think he can be a #1 guy, at best he is going to be a solid number 2 on a contending team. He's definitely worth a max contract, he would be great in Dallas by the way, but not if you already have a guy who could be at least similar in the same position. I would save the money and go after another FA in 2014 if it isn't another option next year.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I think he's definitely worth a max contract. He's efficient and young. I'm not sure how he'd do as a teams number one option that's rebuilding so id agree with edu.

See how our young guys do and if they show potential before throwing a max his way.

Btw. I hope he stops flopping so much. I hate that trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    i think if Lamb has a excellent rookie season, i think we won't pursue Harden anymore, but if Harden puts up massive numbers this season and Lamb shows flashes how good he can be, we can entice OKC in a S&T or even a trade within a season if they feel they can't retain Harden anymore due to the money he will command this offseason.
    Last edited by eternal slumber; 09-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    This. I'd love to have Harden, I really love his game but if Lamb pans out, there's no reason to give Harden a max contract. And even if Lamb struggles a bit in his first season, but he shows some potential, I think we shoudn't go after Harden. He is a great player, star potential, but I don't think he can be a #1 guy, at best he is going to be a solid number 2 on a contending team. He's definitely worth a max contract, he would be great in Dallas by the way, but not if you already have a guy who could be at least similar in the same position. I would save the money and go after another FA in 2014 if it isn't another option next year.
    I think it's kind of unfair to make this assumption because he's playing on a team with two of the 10 best players in the NBA and he's coming off of a career year. The dude averaged 16.8 PPG only 10.1 FGA per game and only 31.4 minutes. That's ridiculous. Imagine if a team gave him 35 minutes a game and allowed him to take 15 shots a night (23 players took at least 15 shots per game last season). Based on his current rate of scoring, that's 25.2 PPG.

It's like Bosh when he moved to Miami. Now people assume he couldn't be a No. 1 anymore because he's their No. 3, but the dude put up at least 22 PPG in five consecutive seasons in Toronto.

vCash
    I do think whether Houston makes a hard push at him will depend on how Lamb's rookie season goes, but even if Lamb is still really good, I think they'll make a push for Harden. Lamb would have to put up ROY type numbers to make Morey forget about Harden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think it's kind of unfair to make this assumption because he's playing on a team with two of the 10 best players in the NBA and he's coming off of a career year. The dude averaged 16.8 PPG only 10.1 FGA per game and only 31.4 minutes. That's ridiculous. Imagine if a team gave him 35 minutes a game and allowed him to take 15 shots a night (23 players took at least 15 shots per game last season). Based on his current rate of scoring, that's 25.2 PPG.

It's like Bosh when he moved to Miami. Now people assume he couldn't be a No. 1 anymore because he's their No. 3, but the dude put up at least 22 PPG in five consecutive seasons in Toronto.
    I kind of agree, I'd love to see him playing without Durant or Westbrook. But I don't see him being a number 1 guy in a contending team, I don't see him leading the team to a championship. I do think he has the potential to be a 23-25 point guy, he reminds me a lot of Ginobili, and I think he could be even better offensively, he already put up better numbers than Ginobili did in a lot of seasons.
    But I think we should wait before throw a max contract on someone we don't really need, while having much more important needs.

And about Bosh, I know the Raptors' teams were abolutely terrible when he was there, but even though he put up 22 points in 5 sonsecutive season, he coudn't lead them to anywhere, he is a #2 guy. He woudn't lead a team to a championship, not even here.

vCash
    This is when you take about 12 steps back and think...this guy is not a starter...none knows how we will do as a starter. Remember he came off the bench and played against other 2nd string/ bench players. He does have ALOT of talent, but for someone to say lets go give a max deal to a guy who averages 16 and 5 off a BENCH is a little troublesome. Small note he botched the playoffs and Olympics as well. When i think of a franchise changing max deal kind of player i don't see harden. If lamb comes in and averages a decent 15 and 5 his first year and plays good D we are ok there. Max deal and james harden is hard to stomach. Just my small rant.

vCash
    injury-prone eric gordon got a max contract, personally i think harden is better.

doesn't harden play point guard most of the time when he's in, rockets could play him at pg if lin doesn't work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Yeah it depends on how the young guys shake out.
    It's so weird seeing you support the Rockets after all the arguments we have had about your "LVP" haha
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    I doubt James Harden would be interested in this fail team. If he joins the team then he becomes irrelevant because this team is irrelevant. He's better off in Dallas with Dirk or Atlanta with Horford and Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by This isn't 1994 View Post
    This is when you take about 12 steps back and think...this guy is not a starter...none knows how we will do as a starter. Remember he came off the bench and played against other 2nd string/ bench players. He does have ALOT of talent, but for someone to say lets go give a max deal to a guy who averages 16 and 5 off a BENCH is a little troublesome. Small note he botched the playoffs and Olympics as well. When i think of a franchise changing max deal kind of player i don't see harden. If lamb comes in and averages a decent 15 and 5 his first year and plays good D we are ok there. Max deal and james harden is hard to stomach. Just my small rant.
    He played 31 minutes a game last season, you can't really say he played only against 2nd string players. As MBT said, he was a 16-point guy playing with two top-10ish players last season, both scored more than 20 points a night. You can say that helps him because he gets more open balls, but 16 points and 10 FGA is amazing. And like Houstonzfinest said, Gordon got a max contract. Lopez got one. He will get one whenever he goes.

It all comes down to Lamb, if he can handle the position, or at least show us he can. I don't see him averaging 15 and 5 right away in his first year, that's a ROY caliber season, but I think he will defitely show a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I doubt James Harden would be interested in this fail team. If he joins the team then he becomes irrelevant because this team is irrelevant. He's better off in Dallas with Dirk or Atlanta with Horford and Smith.
    Your post is so ignorant and disrespectful that I shoudn't even bother reading it, but it's a good point. It's a moot discussion if Harden doesn't want to come to Houston, Dallas would be a much better option for him if Mayo doesn't have a breakout season. And I think we all learned Houston is not a place players want to come to. At least lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast