Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The latitude...
    "If I were to call something and Jrue called something, Jrue's call trumps mine," Collins said. "Go with what Jrue calls. If Jrue calls it, run that play."
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong:24158371
    The latitude...
    "If I were to call something and Jrue called something, Jrue's call trumps mine," Collins said. "Go with what Jrue calls. If Jrue calls it, run that play."
    Your intense and insane love of a mediocre player who regressed last year almost makes me want to talk bad about him. I hope he becomes one day what you think he is

vCash
    Jrue has more upside as a top 3 player on a roster that contends.

Lawson and Curry are better role players on a contender right now (emphasis on role player). Jrue is the more valuable player to easily half the franchises in the league than Curry or Lawson right now. And he's likely to get better.

How anyone sees this as a bad deal, I don't understand. I have far greater concern over what Bynum and his 30 y/o caliber knees are going to get as a contract from the Sixers. He is the bigger gamble, hands down. He will cost franchise centerpiece money and might not be up to the task for all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I don't think the deal is so bad. Just too early and unnecessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post

Lawson and Curry are better role players on a contender right now (emphasis on role player). Jrue is the more valuable player to easily half the franchises in the league than Curry or Lawson right now. And he's likely to get better.

How anyone sees this as a bad deal, I don't understand. I have far greater concern over what Bynum and his 30 y/o caliber knees are going to get as a contract from the Sixers. He is the bigger gamble, hands down. He will cost franchise centerpiece money and might not be up to the task for all we know.
    The only thing Jrue has on Curry and Lawson is his D and poise. Lawson and Curry are better or as good at virtually everything else on the basketball floor and Curry undoubtedly has more potential but his ankles are made of glass.

We need to realize how good our players are instead overrating them like hell. Jrue has NEVER played at the level we've seen Lawson and Curry play when they are at their best. Lawson had to contend with Miller and Curry with Ellis (the Warriors and curry were MUCH better when Curry was on the floor and Ellis was off). Jrue's potential is there but he has shown NOTHING for one to say that he is better or will be better than them without a doubt.

Jrue can in all likeliness become the best defensive PG in the NBA but that in itself wouldn't be enough. He needs to continue to develop other aspects of his game if he's going to be better than Lawson and Curry. As it stands right now there is no feasible argument other than I'm a homer to state that Jrue is better than Lawson or Curry.

vCash
    PS I like the deal and I like Jrue and the homer in me makes me want him over Curry and Lawson and hope he'll develop into a better player than they will but that doesn't mean I can't recognize when other teams have better players than ours.

vCash
    I like the deal because Jrue has, for the most part, grown in his time here and added something to his game each year. Last year he really stepped up his 3 point ability.

One thing I give huge ups to Jrue with and that makes this contract a little more reasonable is his size and durability. 6'4" 200lbsish for a PG is really big, so he should have the advantage of 'seeing over' most point guards. Add on that I don't really recall any major injuries or extended amount of missed playing time.

If just makes me think Jrue isn't the risk that some other PG extensions have. Curry has all those ankle issues, and to me seems like he's going down that Grant Hill path. Great talent that injuries make us forget about. Lawson is listed at 5'11" 195lbs but looks much smaller (maybe 5'10", 180lbs) and I say that because I've seen him in person and even though I'm 6' I look down to him.

And I know that anyone can get injured at anytime, but I hate that argument because of the statistical randomness of injuries like torn ligaments, dislocations, ect. Those can happen to anyone at any time. But the hard bumps and bruises can cause a smaller player to miss 2-5 games while a bigger player is likely to miss less.

Personally to live up to this contract I think 15 pts, 8 asst., 2 steals, 5 reb is a good average for Jrue. Who knows with more guys that can actually hit shots (something that hurt Jrues assist total last year) we can see a spike in his production.

I guess over all I'm happy with the fact Jrue is here more 'long-term' but I think he still has work to do to prove the contract is worth it.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    The only thing Jrue has on Curry and Lawson is his D and poise. Lawson and Curry are better or as good at virtually everything else on the basketball floor and Curry undoubtedly has more potential but his ankles are made of glass.

We need to realize how good our players are instead overrating them like hell. Jrue has NEVER played at the level we've seen Lawson and Curry play when they are at their best. Lawson had to contend with Miller and Curry with Ellis (the Warriors and curry were MUCH better when Curry was on the floor and Ellis was off). Jrue's potential is there but he has shown NOTHING for one to say that he is better or will be better than them without a doubt.

Jrue can in all likeliness become the best defensive PG in the NBA but that in itself wouldn't be enough. He needs to continue to develop other aspects of his game if he's going to be better than Lawson and Curry. As it stands right now there is no feasible argument other than I'm a homer to state that Jrue is better than Lawson or Curry.
    You say he's shown nothing. I say you didn't know where to look.

I've seen it. He can literally do everything on the court.

I'll ask you what is he bad at? Identify one whole in his game.

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

His fg% is very streaky from game to game.... Epically streaky.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I've already read your odd responses. Lol.
    I don't even know what that means as a criticism. That's why they have averages. Is his average poor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    You say he's shown nothing. I say you didn't know where to look.

I've seen it. He can literally do everything on the court.

I'll ask you what is he bad at? Identify one whole in his game.
    Shot selection. Jrue has an awesome stroke but yet has gotten less and less efficient every year that he's been in the league.

eFG%
    Code:
    09-10	0.502
    10-11	0.487
    11-12	0.471
    Inability to get to the free throw line at anything near a respectable clip. The league average FTR for PGs last season was 23.9% Jrue stood at 14%. He has the ability to do MUCH better than that. Its a major reason why his TS% has fallen every year he's been in the league as well. Its tough to be on the floor for 34+ minutes a game and not get to the line more than twice in the ENTIRE game. How can he even develop a rhythm from the floor if he's not getting to the line. Among starting PGs only Jason Kidd was worse at getting to the line than Jrue Holiday.

Still not the creator/playmaker that will make up for where he lacks in terms of offense as compared to Lawson and Curry. As far as starting PGs go Jrue is an average playmaker. Same for Lawson and Curry, difference is they are better scorers and shooters than Jrue and as a result they are better offensive players without a doubt. Don't give me that Jrue played with Iggy either because Curry and Lawson would compliment Iggy even better than Jrue on offense (not D) and they themselves also had to contend with Miller and Ellis being ball dominant players who were doing a lot of playmaking themselves.

Anything else?

You telling me I don't know where to look? I have a better understanding how to accurately ***** players than most around these parts. Unlike the conventional fan my homer genes aren't deeply rooted. I have an appreciation for every player (still have a soft spot for Jrue in this argument) in the league for what they are good and what they aren't so good at.

If you think he can do literally everything on the court then you've been watch Philly's PGs a little too much over the years. Jrue is still young and has a lot of developing to do lets not act as if he's already done it all already. You guys speak of him as if he's already a top 10 all star PG in the NBA when in actuality he's neither.

Jrue isn't the Rajon Rondo, Ricky Rubio or Steve Nash. If his shot isn't falling and he's not getting to the line he can't hurt you with his passing in the way that those players can. So what else does he do? Defend. It's half the game but at the position he plays he isn't going to impact the game as much as a bigger player so we NEED him to put it together offensively.

I LOVE Jrue Holiday and holistically understand everything he brings to our team I am just expecting better of him given his ability so when I see how poorly he has played I point it out. He's my dude but that doesn't mean I can't be critical of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    His fg% is very streaky from game to game.... Epically streaky.
    That's fine that's how shooters are. One of the players he has been compared to most Chauncey Billups is one of the streakiest shooters I have ever witnessed. Thing is when Chauncey's shot wasn't falling from the field he was getting to the line. He too wasn't the best playmaker but he still helped his team's offense. That getting to the line and seeing the ball get into the basket then allowed him to get himself going again from the field. Jrue NEEDs to be able to do just that.

vCash
    I don't even know what that means as a criticism. That's why they have averages. Is his average poor?
    As compared to other players on his level yes it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post

Yup.. this is one of the things I was gonna bring up yesterday, but I totally forgot..
    Those knee's could really fcuk us eventually.. I'm not worried yet though.

vCash
    You asked him for one thing and he listed one...being streaky is not a good thing...he, being the floor leader, needs to be more consistent and less streaky...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast