Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    This means bynum better play, be really really good, and resign...

Or else mediocrity looms.
    Your such a negative nancy hydro

Is there a situation where if Bynum did not play "really really well" that mediocrity wasn't inevitable with this team? The roster minus Bynum screams not bad enough but not good enough either. Jrue's extension didn't change that. It's still a very movable deal if that's the route you want to travel.
    I dont mean to be negative, honestly the deal, on its own, really isnt bad at all.

But ive been down the mediocrity road before, and this is how it usually starts. Luckily this time bynum is in the fold, i just wanna see him play.

Yea, theres a situation like that... If we signed Dwight Howard as a free agent. Lol, or traeded for a real 1st or 2nd tier nba player.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Wait you think Jrue is currently better than Lawson and Curry or can be better than them? I see no rational reasoning for Jrue being better than Lawson and Curry based on what we have seen thus far in their career.
    One is a midget. The other is as soft as tissue paper.

Better.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Your such a negative nancy hydro

Is there a situation where if Bynum did not play "really really well" that mediocrity wasn't inevitable with this team? The roster minus Bynum screams not bad enough but not good enough either. Jrue's extension didn't change that. It's still a very movable deal if that's the route you want to travel.
    This
    I told myself I'd be estatic if we could keep Jrue at around 10.5M per, and we got him at just below that! This could be a steal in a year and will absolutely be movable if even without significant improvement. If something real s***ty happens(Bynum leaves or w/e..) I'd still wanna keep Jrue. I think packaging Hawes, Thad, ET, etc.. can def get us a lottery pick and young talent. Way too early to say what we would do in that scenario though..
    In any case, I'm really liking the direction in which this organisation is headed right now! We made all the right moves this past summer, and Jrue's deal is just perfect!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Airevo76 View Post
    This could be a steal in a year and will absolutely be movable if even without significant improvement. If something real s***ty happens(Bynum leaves or w/e..) I'd still wanna keep Jrue. I think packaging Hawes, Thad, ET, etc.. can def get us a lottery pick and young talent. Way too early to say what we would do in that scenario though..
    Haha yeah, I was gonna say.. Let's not go down that road until we have to.

vCash
    wow were 1-0 and dudes already talking trades and lottery picks. Live for the moment!

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

1-0 in a game where our shooters couldnt shoot and we were forced to rely on spencer hawes to save the day.

Are we not allowed to think long term and be critical?

We get it, ure a cheerleader, what kind of things do u yell at the tv when they give up a big lead or are down big? "Good effort"? "Get em next time"?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    1-0 in a game where our shooters couldnt shoot and we were forced to rely on spencer hawes to save the day.

We get it, ure a cheerleader, what kind of things do u yell at the tv when they give up a big lead or are down big? "Good effort"? "Get em next time"?
    And this is a negative You normally lose games like this especially against a quality opponent like Denver.

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

Let me also reiterrate my point on this contract/bynum/potential mediocrity.....

If bynum plays and gives us numbers like he put up last season.... This isnt an issue, i have made that clear, right?

What worries me is this, u can go back to 1980 and only 1 team has won without a 1st or 2nd tier nba superstar (im tired of hearing about the "fluke pistons" in every argument about building a team, it was a clear exception and not a good strategic way to build a team.... Especially since they stole rasheed wallace and gut LUCKY with ben wallace). Once u start paying "good starters" who arent good enough to carry your team.... You lose more than you gain.... You lose flexibility and good draft picks... Great teams have franchise players before they pay their other starters/role players....

The sixers are in a unique situation because we have bynum, but is non existsent to date... But hes also an expiring contract, so these factors worry me.

But, yes, holiday is movble, but the sixers wont move him until year 4 of the deal no matter how mediocre they are. We have seen this story already and we know how it ends.

Bynum.... Our beautiful 7-foot wild card.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post

And this is a negative You normally lose games like this especially against a quality opponent like Denver.
    Its not a negative, it was a great win.

But are we not allowed to criticize bad plays in real time while watching them blow a lead by jacking 3s and overall sloppy offense leading to bad defense?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Let me also reiterrate my point on this contract/bynum/potential mediocrity.....

If bynum plays and gives us numbers like he put up last season.... This isnt an issue, i have made that clear, right?

What worries me is this, u can go back to 1980 and only 1 team has won without a 1st or 2nd tier nba superstar (im tired of hearing about the "fluke pistons" in every argument about building a team, it was a clear exception and not a good strategic way to build a team.... Especially since they stole rasheed wallace and gut LUCKY with ben wallace). Once u start paying "good starters" who arent good enough to carry your team.... You lose more than you gain.... You lose flexibility and good draft picks... Great teams have franchise players before they pay their other starters/role players....

The sixers are in a unique situation because we have bynum, but is non existsent to date... But hes also an expiring contract, so these factors worry me.

But, yes, holiday is movble, but the sixers wont move him until year 4 of the deal no matter how mediocre they are. We have seen this story already and we know how it ends.

Bynum.... Our beautiful 7-foot wild card.
    You're like a scorn woman that doesn't trust guys anymore. How do you get a franchise if your team sucks?
    This is not the same. Jrue is the best pg we've had since cheeks. Only two players had as many assist in franchise history by their third season. Cheeks and ai. And I don't think they had to deal with a truncated season or share ball handling responsibilities like holiday has. Of last season was 82 games. He's number one.
    Have I not shown you how way off you tend to be? I mean we just discussed it.

vCash
    at least we didn't pay james harden 80 mil for 5 years... even though he did drop 36 last night...albeit on the pistons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    You're like a scorn woman that doesn't trust guys anymore. How do you get a franchise if your team sucks?
    This is not the same. Jrue is the best pg we've had since cheeks. Only two players had as many assist in franchise history by their third season. Cheeks and ai. And I don't think they had to deal with a truncated season or share ball handling responsibilities like holiday has. Of last season was 82 games. He's number one.
    Have I not shown you how way off you tend to be? I mean we just discussed it.
    thats probably true. lol. but its EXACTLY the same thing as whats happened before.

u could say iggy was our best 3 man since dr. J..... although i liked lynch, but i think most would give iggy the nod. lol.

say what u will... bottom line is that no team wins a championship by paying starters before they have franchise talent.... thats a fact.... not an argument or an opinion. the pistons were an extreme exception... not any type of argument can be made to build in their image.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Hydro, you got me scratching my head bro..

vCash
    Iggy would have been had he played how he was supposed to and stopped playing so small. Mckie was the best three since doc.

We have a franchise player. It's just most of you don't realize it yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Iggy would have been had he played how he was supposed to and stopped playing so small. Mckie was the best three since doc.
    i looooved me some aaron mckie....hes an assistant, think he can still play over turner? lol.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast