Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.
    Yeahhhhh no!

Great teams win Championships. Solid D is one of the many characterisics that makes a team great.

vCash
    I have a hard time believing Curry better at getting a high percentage shot in crunch time than Jrue. I've seen Jrue do it...in the past since that is what you are focused on....at a level that Curry is not likely capable of. I've seen Jrue also defend at a level higher than Curry....in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.
    Yeahhhhh no!

Great teams win Championships. Solid D is one of the many characterisics that makes a team great.
    Myles is right, cant win a totle without well above average defense.

Dallas in the early 2000s and phoenix thereafter..... Same with golden state to a much lesser extent.

If u cant defend u get exposed in the playoffs every time.... Cause when u get into the 2nd and 3rd rd every team has more than solid offenses (few exceptions ie. sixers last year) so the best defenses learn to expose the teams that cant defend.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Myles is right, cant win a totle without well above average defense.

Dallas in the early 2000s and phoenix thereafter..... Same with golden state to a much lesser extent.

If u cant defend u get exposed in the playoffs every time.... Cause when u get into the 2nd and 3rd rd every team has more than solid offenses (few exceptions ie. sixers last year) so the best defenses learn to expose the teams that cant defend.
    So is Swash. Can't win a title without "well above average offense" as well.

The 2012 Philadelphia 76ers is a perfect example of that.

Great TEAMS win championships, not just great defenses.

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

But u cant skate through the playoffs with a mediocre defense or offense....

How about this.... Two way basketball and elite scorers win championships?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I have a hard time believing Curry better at getting a high percentage shot in crunch time than Jrue. I've seen Jrue do it...in the past since that is what you are focused on....at a level that Curry is not likely capable of. I've seen Jrue also defend at a level higher than Curry....in the past.
    See the common denominator here? Its all what you have seen. Why? Because you watch the 76ers play more than any other team and by what I have read you really don't watch other teams as much.

I posted something about 3 pages ago you didn't attempt to argue that.

In Stephen Curry's career he has had 47 games with a game score of 20 ore more. That's 47 out of 182 which basically leaves you with 25.8% of his games being what we would consider high quality games at least according to the box score.

In Ty Lawson's career 27 such games. 27 out of 208 which is good for 12.9% of his games.

Jrue has had 18 such games in his career. 18 of his 221 which is good for just 8.1%.
    What you're trying to tell me is lets ignore the fact that Curry has been able to elevate his game way more frequently than Jrue has but rather lets go with what you have seen as a 76ers fan? Like I said to Myles yeaaahhhhh no.

If Jrue was able to produce on the same level of Curry you'd be ranting, raving and carrying on about it. He hasn't so instead you choose to address TWO parts of their game. Newsflash because being more physical, bigger, stronger and longer doesn't make you a better player in the post season it never has and it never will this is not arm wrestling this is NBA basketball. Want to know how you become a better player? You outproduce the ones you're being compared to. Until Jrue does that he doesn't surpass the Steph Curry.

Melo is a better late game iso scorer than LeBron James. Do you take Melo over LeBron for it despite everything LeBron does better?

vCash
    But u cant skate through the playoffs with a mediocre defense or offense....

How about this.... Two way basketball and elite scorers win championships?
    That's even more watered down than what I said.

SL gave you a recent eg I'll go back to our last year in the finals. We had the 5th best defense in the entire league the Lakers had the 21st. We had the 13th best offense in the entire league the Lakers had the 2nd. Guess what that Lakers team did something no other team in the history of the league has ever done to this day. They won every single game on their way to the finals and losing one game all post season. That team is regarded by many as the most dominant post season team ever. They were way below average defensively. Even in the post season.

You can throw any example you want of dominant defensive (04 Pistons, KG's Celts, Duncan's Spurs etc) championship teams but fact of the matter is all of those defensive teams could score and NONE of them were ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively.

As I said before Great Teams win Championships and solid defense is one of the many characteristics of a great team. You saying I was wrong is basically showing your ignorance to the truth.

vCash

More of a misunderstanding than ignorance....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Jrue is a very good offensive player, a very good defensive player. So that makes him better than a guy that's also very good on offense but bad on defense. Those guys aren't that much better than jrue on offense but he's way better on defense.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

I dont even wanna compare holiday to curry, one is a pg and the other is a 2.

One is a floor leader and the other is a scorer.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I dont even wanna compare holiday to curry, one is a pg and the other is a 2.

One is a floor leader and the other is a scorer.....
    Remember when I spoke of ignorance to certain topics earlier? This is what I'm talking about. You go by Curry college MO and think he's the same player. Take a look at 5 GSW games, his teams offensive efficiency with him at the point and his passing efficiency and see exactly how ignorant that statement sounds.

vCash
    Swashcuff. Feel free to disagree. But I'd appreciate if you stop assuming you know why I'm coming up with my opinions on Jrue vs. Curry/Lawson. It's a bit insulting. It is possible that some people can watch basketball and be ahead of the curve before the stats arrive. While i watch Jrue more than those guys, it's not like I've never seen them play. We disagree.

vCash
    Swashcuff. Feel free to disagree. But I'd appreciate if you stop assuming you know why I'm coming up with my opinions on Jrue vs. Curry/Lawson. It's a bit insulting. It is possible that some people can watch basketball and be ahead of the curve before the stats arrive. While i watch Jrue more than those guys, it's not like I've never seen them play. We disagree.
    Didn't mean to insult my apologies. I took my stance from the way you kept saying you have seen Jrue this and you've seen Jrue do that and never once admitted to seeing Curry or Lawson doing the very same. I don't want to insult you any further I'd like you to explain the bolded part to me. Are you saying that you foresee Jrue being better or are you saying that Jrue has been better?

vCash
    Thank you!

I feel the same way.

I think jrue is better. Right now. Today. It comes from watching him play. When he started I saw he was very methodical and deliberate with the way he went to the basket. He was training himself to make his takes automatic and eventually fluid. That's where he currently is. And there are no holes in his game. You keep wanting to make it about provable stats. That's not how the game works otherwise harden never gets 80 mil. It's about being able to evaluate and project a player based on his tools, work ethic, attitude and demeanor. Curry and Lawson are almost finish finished products. They aren't getting any better. They were jusornv easy nba ready when they were drafted. And defense keeps getting brushed aside as if its some fringe skillsets. It's HALF the game.

I've paid attention to all the points
    Last edited by MylesKong; 11-09-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    See the common denominator here? Its all what you have seen. Why? Because you watch the 76ers play more than any other team and by what I have read you really don't watch other teams as much.

I posted something about 3 pages ago you didn't attempt to argue that.

What you're trying to tell me is lets ignore the fact that Curry has been able to elevate his game way more frequently than Jrue has but rather lets go with what you have seen as a 76ers fan? Like I said to Myles yeaaahhhhh no.

If Jrue was able to produce on the same level of Curry you'd be ranting, raving and carrying on about it. He hasn't so instead you choose to address TWO parts of their game. Newsflash because being more physical, bigger, stronger and longer doesn't make you a better player in the post season it never has and it never will this is not arm wrestling this is NBA basketball. Want to know how you become a better player? You outproduce the ones you're being compared to. Until Jrue does that he doesn't surpass the Steph Curry.

Melo is a better late game iso scorer than LeBron James. Do you take Melo over LeBron for it despite everything LeBron does better?
    How many different ways does it need to be explained that part of the reason Jrue didn't get many 20 point games is that he played for Collins? And if being bigger, stronger, and more athletic doesn't factor into the post season, what game are you watching? I realize it's not arm wrestling. I also realize that things slow down and get way more physical in the post season often times. I also realize that a guy like Curry or Lawson will eventually be matched up in a 7 game series with guys of similar skill level who are bigger, stronger, more athletic.

Didn't mean to insult my apologies. I took my stance from the way you kept saying you have seen Jrue this and you've seen Jrue do that and never once admitted to seeing Curry or Lawson doing the very same. I don't want to insult you any further I'd like you to explain the bolded part to me. Are you saying that you foresee Jrue being better or are you saying that Jrue has been better?
    When his number has been dialed by the coach, he has been better at the things I am looking for before I give some young guard a 10 mil + contract. How many 20 point games a young guard has on bad to mediocre teams is not a very strong indicator of what they truly are in the NBA when playing a bigger role.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast