Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Airevo76 View Post
    Hydro, you got me scratching my head bro..
    scratching your head? why? what am i saying that doesnt make sense.

teams dont win championships when they pay their starters before they have a franchise player... they just dont... this is a fact.... its not my opinion, it just is what it is.

i understand we have andrew bynum, and as i have said REPEATEDLY, if bynum comes back and plays like he should and re-signs with us.... this isnt an issue at all.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    What happens if he doesn't? We still have cap room right?
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

Whos available that makes us better than mediocre....?

Al jefferson and josh smoth dont cut it....

So if we arent getting bynum or dwight howard, im nervous

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Who knew we would trade for Bynum? You can't predict the future of who will be available and paying players before you get a star isn't a problem. It is when you overpay and leave yourself with no flexibility.

The 76ers have found themselves stuck in the past because we had contracts that were hard to move (Brand, Sammy, Kenny Thomas, ect.). We don't have that problem as everyone outside of JRich is movable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

Name a team who won a title doing it that way.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I don't know what you mean? Acquiring role players first then stars?

Plenty of teams have set themselves up with manageable contracts (that either expired or were traded) and then struck in FA or in trades. As long as no one on your roster is immovable, you can create cap space. Having attractive assets is what allows you to make trades (look at how BOS assembled the big 3 and how we got Bynum)
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

If we Bynum doesn't play well or doesn't resign, the Sixers are a lottery team and hopefully they make out better than they have before.

I don't mind the signing. However, it does make me a little nervous because while I like Jrue's potential, the Sixers are banking on him to fulfill that potential now. I believe he will but it's certainl;y not a guarantee.

That being said, I do share some of Hydros long term concern about the Sixers. Even if Jrue takes a step forward, Bynum resigns, is healthy and plays like a star calibur player it looks as though this team may have trouble with consistent wing scorers. I think they were relying on Turner but unless he all of a sudden shows something he hasn't, they could have issues.

Personally, I could care less what this team does on a nightly basis. I'm only interested in Bynum, Jrue and ET because they are the potential future of this team. We know the Sixers are riding with Jrue now....we hope Bynum will come along as well but ET may not be that guy....if not the Sixers need to figure out who they can acquire to be that wing scorer/3rd top tier player...that part will not be easy .

vCash

We don't know who will be available via trades. No one had any idea at this time a year ago Bynum would be a Sixer. It was like a pipe dream, I think even I mentioned it at one point during last season and here he is. You just have to see what fits your roster and build from there. If it's Jrue, Bynum, and a few others then you can build a better roster through trades and other means. You have to start somewhere and the Sixers are starting to build that. We aren't at the level of Miami, LA, etc but those teams had players that other players from other teams that wanted to play with Miami, LA, Boston, etc. Hopefully Jrue, Bynum, Thad, maybe Turner make that happen for Philly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post

Plenty of teams have set themselves up with manageable contracts (that either expired or were traded) and then struck in FA or in trades. As long as no one on your roster is immovable, you can create cap space. Having attractive assets is what allows you to make trades (look at how BOS assembled the big 3 and how we got Bynum)
    Plenty of teams? Yet no examples. Awesome

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    One is a midget. The other is as soft as tissue paper.

Better.
    DAFUQ!!!

Allen Iverson was a midget and he was the greatest player Philly has had in decades WTF are you talking about.

Can't you construct an argument to actually support your irrational claim other than that BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86:24150587
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post

Plenty of teams? Yet no examples. Awesome
    Are you blind? Do I need to put everything in bold? I clearly used Bos and the 76ers as examples.

Are the 76ers not an example of a team that acquired a potential star with role players here already. The celtics traded players and draft picks to bring in kg and allen. Hou just did it with harden.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    They just played head to head. Jrue won.
    Jrue always outplays curry when they meet also. Neither can defend. Jrue just never had the latitude. He does this year. I promise by seasons end jrue being better will be unanimous.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Jrue always outplays curry when they meet also. Neither can defend. Jrue just never had the latitude. He does this year. I promise by seasons end jrue being better will be unanimous.
    So you're trying to tell me that Jrue won one head to head matchup and that automatically makes him better? Jrue actually doesn't always outplay Curry as a matter of a fact averages better against Jrue than he does for his career so I have no idea where you develop that notion.

Also not because a player outplays another player when they meet it means that player is better. It means that they outplay the other guy. Simple.

Lawson is actually a solid defensive player. I didn't ask you about what promises you make because quite frankly I'm not concerned about your promises.

vCash
    thats probably true. lol. but its EXACTLY the same thing as whats happened before.

u could say iggy was our best 3 man since dr. J..... although i liked lynch, but i think most would give iggy the nod. lol.

say what u will... bottom line is that no team wins a championship by paying starters before they have franchise talent.... that's a fact.... not an argument or an opinion. the pistons were an extreme exception... not any type of argument can be made to build in their image.
    So let me get this straight your thinking about a seniro of what if bynum doesn't ever play for us as the level he played for the Lakers last year AND assuming its possible for Jrue to develop into a 2nd teir guy so you think the Jrue deal will make us Medicore?
    Too soon dude
    Lets Give it a season before you freak out the way your allways do

and also PG is a much more imporant postion than SF And iggy was our best player Jrue isnt im not sure how this is comparable to that

vCash
    Curry is head and shoulders above Jrue
    but than Again Curry isnt really a point guard
    People can call me crazy but personally i take Jrue over Lawson
    lawson is a beast but that size isnt going to help the longevity of his carrer
    I like Jrues size and Defense becuase they give him alot of room to grow for a long time Lawson is also Older than Jrue by the time Jrue is 24 i see him as being better than lawson is now but as of this moment ill give lawson the nod

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast