Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jrue Holiday signed 4 year 41 million dollar contract ext.

Just tweeted by Marc Stein, would link it but I'm coming home from work, but discuss.

vCash
    Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    @ESPNSteinLine

Four years, $41 million for Jrue Holiday before midnight buzzer, sources tell ESPN

vCash
    Yeah I can live with that, just a little less then Lawsons and Curry.

vCash
    Solid... I can live with it. By the market standards its just where it should be.

vCash
    I am hearing that it might be 4/46 or 4/41.

I would have preferred we waited for him to hit RFA(With the depth of the PG position around the NBA), but if it is 4/41, I think we can live with that. Its still a gamble though.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    A little more than he has necessarily shown so far, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination. What kind of cap situation does this put them in for next summer? Will we still have money or will it just be try to max Bynum and done?

It would've been better if it were more in the 4/36 or around what Taj Gibson got, but glad they locked him up.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy76; 11-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.

vCash
    Yo, what did I say?!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    It has no effect on maxing out Bynum

vCash
    Its funny that Jrue and the 76ers were 1.2 million "miles apart"
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Well, I hope he's worth it. I think he will be.

vCash
    Letsgo!!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

I just don't know how the money's gonna add up to build a contender when Jrue and Thad combined are making close to $20M per.

But I guess if Jrue reaches his potential it could be worth it.

vCash
    Well, the official report is that it is 4 years for 41 million with 5 million in possible incentive's.

We are now tied to Jrue and he needs to perform. If we would have waited we could have had our answer on what to pay him or not to pay him, but now we need him to be the answer. This isn't the worse contract, but last year's performance from Jrue won't cut it from now on. I'm rooting for him and hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I just don't know how the money's gonna add up to build a contender when Jrue and Thad combined are making close to $20M per.

But I guess if Jrue reaches his potential it could be worth it.
    Don't forget JRich for 3 more years!
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Agree with this concern completely. That's a lot of money to put into two guys (Thad especially because he's not really a game changer post-season wise), and Jrue still has to play up to that contract. We'll see what the future and the summer holds because a lot of guys are only on 1 or 2 year deals.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast