Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Your Mid-Season Report Card for the Giants

8 down and 8 to go, so time to do some grading.

How do you grade:

QUARTERBACK
    RUNNING BACKS
    WIDE RECEIVERS
    TIGHT ENDS
    O-LINE

D-LINE
    LBS
    CORNERBACKS
    SAFETIES

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS

REESE
    COUGHLIN
    GILBRIDE
    FEWELL

Surprise player so far?
    Overrated player so far?
    Best rookie?
    Unsung hero?

What do you expect the record for the next 8 games to be?

vCash
    QB Eli Manning: B-. He hasn't been absolutely great but he has done what we've needed of him. He struggled versus Dallas both times, made a couple of really bad plays versus Philly, and didn't play his best game versus the Skins. On the other hand, he was amazing in the second half of the Bucs game, the SF game, the Browns game, the Carolina game. We're winning games but he hasn't been himself.
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw: B. He's been solid, but he's going to be as good as the blocking. I still prefer both Brown and Wilson.
    RB David Wilson: B-. He hasn't gotten much of a chance but when he's come in during garbage time, he's looked great and he's been fantastic on returns. I wanna see more!
    RB Andre Brown: A-. He filled in very well for Bradshaw and may very well be the best RB on the team. I'd like to see him get more reps.
    WR Victor Cruz: A-. Had a rough start to the season against Dallas but has been great ever since. No complaints.
    WR Hakeem Nicks: C+. He needs to stay healthy. He was amazing vs. Tampa but that's it. He's a top 10 WR when healthy, but he just hasn't been playing at full strength.
    WR Domenik Hixon: A-. I love what Hixon has done for us. He has been great in three wide sets and has some of the best hands on the team. When healthy, he's a dangerous third wide.
    WR Ramses Barden: B. He filled in well when asked, but we haven't seen much of him since then. Too many wides above him on the depth chart.
    WR Reuben Randle: B. Same as Barden. He's looked great when called upon, but we are just loaded at WR.
    TE Martellus Bennett: A-. He's a good blocker and has been a dangerous receiving threat. It seems like any TE we plug in to this system performs well, because of Pope. This was an ideal situation for Bennett because he needed a new start. He has great talent and just wasn't in the right situation. I want his body language to improve though.
    Offensive Line (as a whole): B. They are not great talent wise, but they have been piecing it together. When they are blocking well for Eli, Eli is finding his guys. However, I don't like to look at sacks allowed as much because Eli is great at getting the ball out fast and throwing it away if he senses pressure. He has still been getting pressured. The run blocking has shown glimpses but needs to be more consistent.

DE Justin Tuck: C. Disappointed. He's played well the last couple games but was pure trash before that.
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul: A-. Easily our best DLineman right now. He's been getting pressure and making plays every game. He hasn't been the absolute beast he was last year, but he's still been a phenomenal player.
    DE Osi Umenyiora: C+. He still sucks at playing the run but he finally had a good game last week. I expect better play from him and Tuck.
    DT Linval Joseph: A. He's been healthy, consistent, and productive. Very underrated player and definitely cannot complain about his production.
    DT Rocky Bernard: INC. He was amazing to start the year and then got hurt. Waiting for him to return.
    DT Markus Kuhn: B. For a rookie he's been alright. I wasn't expecting much from him, but he's shown ability to be a rotational DT.
    DT Marvin Austin: C-. Hasn't shown much at all when given a chance. Disappointed.
    DT Chris Canty: INC. Only played two games so far. Looked great last week though.
    LB Mathias Kiwanuka: A-. I think he's been great this year defending the run and playing on the strong side. Good work.
    LB Keith Rivers: A-. Pleasant surprise here. We got him for little to nothing and he's been a very good linebacker for us. Hope he stays healthy.
    LB Michael Boley: B. Not a phenomenal year, but a very solid one for Boley. He had major issues guarding Witten last week, but for the most part we've been solid guarding TE's. He's another guy that really needs to stay healthy.
    LB Chase Blackburn: B-. He isn't a great starter at MIKE but he's all we have. He's filled in well.
    CB: Corey Webster: C. He's just not been himself this year. Disappointing.
    CB Prince Amukamara: B. Started out hurt again but has been solid since being put into the starting lineup. He got burned last week, but before that he was looking sharp.
    CB: Jayron Hosley: B-. Hosley's shown glimpses of being a very solid CB but has made a couple rookie mistakes, which are expected. Happy wit his play so far.
    FS: Antrel Rolle: B. He's been banged up but has played alright. He was huge in that game versus Alex Smith and the 9ers. We need him to get healthy though.
    SS: Stevie Brown: A. Huge, huge surprise for sure. Stevie has filled in very well for KP and just has a knack for the football.

K Lawrence Tynes: A-. Would be an A+ if he made the kick vs. Philly
    P Steve Weatherford: A-. He's been solid this year.

Reese: Inc. TBD at the end of the year.
    Coughlin: A-. 6-2 start, can't complain.
    Gilbride: B-. He had a great gameplan versus SF but his playcalling has still been really frustrating at times.
    Fewell: B-. He needs to stop trying to move JPP to DT and all that nonsense. Keep JPP on the edge and take Osi off the ****ing field on first and second down.

Surprise player so far?: Stevie Johnson
    Overrated player so far?: Eli Manning (as much as I love him, he hasn't been sharp enough)
    Best rookie? David Wilson
    Unsung hero? Linval Joseph
    Last edited by roshan3ai; 11-02-2012 at 02:23 AM.

vCash
    QUARTERBACK A- (Needs to limit the picks, though a couple of them have been weird like the one last week off a cowboy's , and a few throws and reads were inaccurate but Eli knows how to play the game, so other than those two mistakes, loving what I'm seeing from him

RUNNING BACKS A-[/COLOR] (Bradshaw is a dam good runningback, but he needs to be consistent, he's missing a lot of cutbacks "open-hole-reads" that I see Brown makes when he carries the ball. Brown saves this from being a B+, would like KillDrive to let Brown get more carries and STOP DOING HB TOSSES WITH WILSON! otherwise, Brown saves this group from being a B due to his consistency

WIDE RECEIVERS B- (If we didn't played Dallas at all through the season midpoint like last year, I would've given them an A automatically, but Jerry Curly got those two corners for the sole purpose to shut down Cruz & Nicks, and honestly, they really sucked against Dallas, and they made me go , but honestly, their proven talent keeps them from having a C, otherwise, they disappointed me this year against Dallas and I hope, for Eli's sake, they learn how to get out of bump coverages soon, cuz a lot of teams will watch the Dallas games as a blueprint to stop Cruz, Nicks, & Co.)

TIGHT ENDS B- (Martellus, you had your fair share too about the success and failure of the Giants. loving your blocking ability, gotta improve your catching ability. Bear saves this from being a B with his clutch performances when needed)

O-LINE A (Has played solid. due to coaching, this group is playing solid football, and I hope they be consistent, keep up the good work )

D-LINE B (What took you so long? with the emergence of the NFL's best defensive line coming sooner than later and staying consistent, they go from what looked like a D at worst to a B in a heartbeat. just stay consistent, and keep playing Solid against the run and rush the QB)

LBS A- (What people called the weakest link of our defense was the most consistent part the whole season, with exception to injury. They've played the run well, but losing Blackburn is going to hurt us bad unless Herzlich steps up to be that player everyone hopes to be the MIKE of the future. Rivers & Williams have been playing great when healthy, and Boley, our best linebacker, is a Beast. Solid work LBS, you make Harry Carson )

CORNERBACKS C+ (It could be worse, but this is our weakest position in our WHOLE TEAM. C-Web has forgotten his game, but I'm sure he'll remember soon during crunch time and not let a WR get an almost-game-winning-touchdown ever again...Prince, You aint defending your Royalty, you're making a "joker" out of yourself got myself there for a moment. Hosley is the most consistent corner of all, and yet he's only a rookie...guys step it up, or we might have to throw in Rolle to play his former position again, and when that happens, like Cam, a towel and a bench will be your BFFS' for a longer time.)

SAFETIES A+ (Besides Eli, this group has been the most clutch during crunch times, with the exception of CB Coe playing safety on that almost-touchdown last week, but Stevie Brown is being a a ball-hawk and is showing his inner-Reed lately, really been playing Pro-Bowl level so far, and Rolle has been consistent when needed, especially throwing Alex Smith off his game, and people forget in the TB-NYG game, he's the reason why that pass to Mike Williams was incomplete when Rolle gave Williams a shot right when he caught the ball, in fact look at this link again and admire a Pro-Bowl Safety playing CLUTCH, and start watching at 3:10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn1b9QaxD3k that's being Clutch, so this group, SOLID all the way Keep it Up!)

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS A ( This group has improved greatly on returns thanks to rookies Wilson, the "Birth Control" & Randle, and the punt & kick-off coverage has been decent too, keep up the good work )

REESE A- (Need I Say More? with the opting-out of re-signing Ross, Reese made the right decisions everywhere an applause for the NFL's best GM)

COUGHLIN A+ (I swear, I love this guy, and I wouldn't want any other coach than Coughlin right now...every time I get over a play, i see Coughlin getting this guy acts like a true New Yorker, and he really makes the right call every time for challenges, going for 4th down, and calling timeout. He honestly deserves the AP Coach of the Year Award)

GILBRIDE D- (I'm being generous giving Kill-drive and, it should be an f but his players save him from that....didn't take some shots against Dallas on the long ball, and as I mention earlier, STOP DOING HB TOSSES WITH WILSON!!! I swear this guy's an idiot until he makes the right call at crunch time, then he's a genius, but right now, he has a D for DUMB*$$)

FEWELL A- (Has made some solid calls so far, unlike KillDrive, and he gets an A+ if he uses the 3-Safety formation to solve the Stevie-Hawk/KP situation, or puts Rolle in as corner.e either way I'd be )

Surprise player so far? Stevie Brown (When KP went down in that Philly game, I thought we might be in trouble with our Safety depth, and I wasn't so sure about Stevie besides that one pick he had a week before on Cam Newton, and Stevie being an impact player was a questionable theory UNTIL he made a nice open field solo tackle on LeSean McCoy..the way he hit McCoy and kept his ground, I felt we were gonna be fine for that game, but then the dude starting making plays, recovering fumbles and making a pick game after game until that amazing performance last Sunday...Stevie will be mentioned by other Giants fans frequently for his ability of being a ball-hawk, but this kid is fighting not only for time on the field, but a starting job, and he's played well enough to be starting in the 3 Safety package that Fewell ran so well last year, but GO STEVIE!!! )

Overrated player so far? Martellus Bennett ( I hate to say it but he's been disappointing so far on his catching abilities, but I can't blame him, since it's the 1st time he's having a big role, probably needs a couple more games to get better, but I was hoping he would get more Red Zone targets, and you can't let that ball slip from you chest next time, alright 85? please prove me wrong this season that I was wrong of saying you were overrated, and good luck)

Best rookie? Reuben Randle (This was tough. Hosley is my favorite rookie of of this draft class, and Wilson is an "explosion" waiting to happen from being a birth control pill, but Randle has been the most consistent rookie and I like the way he's been playing so far.

Unsung hero? Chase Blackburn (This guy gets criticized so bad for his physical abilities....people watch the Blackburn highlights vs Redskins, the one G put up again.. this guy has exceeded a lot of people's "Average-At-Best LB" expectation and deserves a lot of credit for being mentally AND Physically the main link for the Giants Defense)

What do you expect the record for the next 8 games to be? 6-2 (It'll be tough, but looking at how much we've improved, this tough schedule doesn't look as bad as it did in the off-season... I know their reputation of 2nd all slips in the past but I feel this time it's gonna be different)
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 11-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    QUARTERBACK A+. Honestly he's not been pretty but he's gotten us the win's when it matters. You win and die by your quarterback and we are exemplary of that. 6-2 so far so we have won by him.
    RUNNING BACKS B+. I am so impressed so far. I thought we'd be like last year in run but we have actually done a relatively good job.
    WIDE RECEIVERS A. I would say A+ if Nicks didn't injure himself. But Cruz is where he should be and the rest show up when we need.
    TIGHT ENDS - A-. Great job so far. Makes plays when we need and blocks well.
    O-LINE - A+. With the injuries. Great job protecting Eli.

D-LINE B-. We haven't gotten the pressure we usually get.
    LBS A-. They have been solid for us for most of the year.
    CORNERBACKS C+. Too many mistakes... Too many.
    SAFETIES A. They have actually played really well. Except for a few mistakes.

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS A+ Tynes is incredible. And our punts are awesome. And Wilson is really good.

REESE A+ He's given us all the pieces we need so if injury hits we are still good. 6-2 proves that.
    COUGHLIN A- I love Coughlin but he should have made the call in the Eagles game instead of allowing Eli to do that.
    GILBRIDE B- The big problem here is, it's not his team. It's Eli's. He gets the blame.
    FEWELL - B+ We've given up a lot of yards at times when we should be sharper. It's just laziness... But for the most part we've stopped them when it matters.

Surprise player so far? Andre Brown. Didn't expect this. Stevie Brown is a good #2.
    Overrated player so far? Corey Webster... I think he might be replaced as our #1 soon.
    Best rookie? David Wilson. Given us flashes of greatness.
    Unsung hero? The Offensive Line replacements... They've done a great job protecting Eli

What do you expect the record for the next 8 games to be? 4-4. Hard competition but I think we still make it with a 4-4 record in the 2nd half.

vCash
    QB Eli Manning: B+. People expect the world from him. One of his top WR's has been healthy one game this season. That's it.
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw: B. Solid
    RB David Wilson: A What more can the guy do when his coach won't give him the damn ball. He dominates on returns. He can't do any more because he isn't getting a chance to do more due to stubborn Coughlin.
    RB Andre Brown: A Backup helped win 2 to 3 games. Pretty good.
    WR Victor Cruz: B - Needs to compete better against the best corners.
    WR Hakeem Nicks: B. Healthy in one game this year and had about 200 yards receiving
    WR Domenik Hixon: C. Overrated. He gets all the easy matchups and really hasn't done much.
    WR Ramses Barden: C. Still no ability to beat press coverage.
    WR Reuben Randle: B+ See Wilson. Coaching staff won't give him a chance.
    TE Martellus Bennett: A. Can't ask any more from this guy.
    Offensive Line (as a whole): B. Solid once that idiot Diehl was out.

DE Justin Tuck: B- People need to understand he's old in football years. He isn't 35 age wise but with his injuries, he really is.
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul: B- Sulked when things got tough. Needs to continue to get past that
    DE Osi Umenyiora: F. He has been useless all season. He has no clue how to contain a mobile QB. He has one pass rush move and no ability to play the run.
    DT Linval Joseph: A Great
    DT Markus Kuhn: D. Non factor
    DT Marvin Austin: F. Useless
    DT Chris Canty: A DL was immediately better when he played.
    LB Mathias Kiwanuka: D People must be kidding. This guy is awful at LB. Aikman said the same thing and he's correct.
    LB Keith Rivers: C- Doesn't make big plays. Overrated beyond belief
    LB Michael Boley: C+ Not playing on the level of last year
    LB Chase Blackburn: C+ Does the best he can without much talent.
    CB: Corey Webster: B+ Completely under-appreciated by Giants fans. He has to cover all the best receivers and the secondary was decimated by injuries putting more pressure on him.
    CB Prince Amukamara: B- Getting better but still gets torched a litlte.
    CB: Jayron Hosley: C+ Rookie mistakes that eventually will go away.
    FS: Antrel Rolle: B. Solid
    SS: Stevie Johnson: A. Filled in nicely

K Lawrence Tynes: A+. Almost automatic.
    P Steve Weatherford: A+ Solid.

Coughlin: B- Tom needs to understand that you don't keep 1st round RB picks on the bench because of one fumble. Stop being an old fart Tom.
    Gilbride:C- The team wins despite this fool. He still has no clue or killer instinct calling plays in the red zone. It's a joke.
    Fewell: B+ The defense has had a ton of injuries but he's kept it together enough to get them 6 wins.

Surprise player so far?: Bennett - Thought he was a big mouth who wasn't this solid. He's a good player.
    Overrated player so far?: Rivers. He really does nothing.
    Best rookie? Randel - Should be Wilson if old fart Coughlin would actually let him run the ball. Holding onto punts is not easy. I don't think Randel has dropped one and that is really impressive to me.
    Unsung hero? Johnson. For a safety to come in and have 5 INT's and several fumble recoveries with the problems this team had at safety when Phillips was out before is incredible.
    Last edited by kreiderisabeast; 11-01-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Everybody gets an A in my book except Fewell. The team is better than I expected. Fewell has to get more aggressive but he still get a B .

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    QUARTERBACK A+. Honestly he's not been pretty but he's gotten us the win's when it matters. You win and die by your quarterback and we are exemplary of that. 6-2 so far so we have won by him.
    RUNNING BACKS B+. I am so impressed so far. I thought we'd be like last year in run but we have actually done a relatively good job.
    WIDE RECEIVERS A. I would say A+ if Nicks didn't injure himself. But Cruz is where he should be and the rest show up when we need.
    TIGHT ENDS - A-. Great job so far. Makes plays when we need and blocks well.
    O-LINE - A+. With the injuries. Great job protecting Eli.

D-LINE B-. We haven't gotten the pressure we usually get.
    LBS A-. They have been solid for us for most of the year.
    CORNERBACKS C+. Too many mistakes... Too many.
    SAFETIES A. They have actually played really well. Except for a few mistakes.

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS A+ Tynes is incredible. And our punts are awesome. And Wilson is really good.

REESE A+ He's given us all the pieces we need so if injury hits we are still good. 6-2 proves that.
    COUGHLIN A- I love Coughlin but he should have made the call in the Eagles game instead of allowing Eli to do that.
    GILBRIDE B- The big problem here is, it's not his team. It's Eli's. He gets the blame.
    FEWELL - B+ We've given up a lot of yards at times when we should be sharper. It's just laziness... But for the most part we've stopped them when it matters.

Surprise player so far? Andre Brown. Didn't expect this. Stevie Brown is a good #2.
    Overrated player so far? Corey Webster... I think he might be replaced as our #1 soon.
    Best rookie? David Wilson. Given us flashes of greatness.
    Unsung hero? The Offensive Line replacements... They've done a great job protecting Eli

What do you expect the record for the next 8 games to be? 4-4. Hard competition but I think we still make it with a 4-4 record in the 2nd half.
    Eli does not get an A+. C'mon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kreiderisabeast View Post
    QB Eli Manning: B+. People expect the world from him. One of his top WR's has been healthy one game this season. That's it.
    RB David Wilson: A What more can the guy do when his coach won't give him the damn ball. He dominates on returns. He can't do any more because he isn't getting a chance to do more due to stubborn Coughlin.
    WR Hakeem Nicks: B. Healthy in one game this year and had about 200 yards receiving
    WR Domenik Hixon: C. Overrated. He gets all the easy matchups and really hasn't done much. (REALLY!?)

DE Justin Tuck: B- People need to understand he's old in football years. He isn't 35 age wise but with his injuries, he really is.
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul: B- Sulked when things got tough. Needs to continue to get past that
    DE Osi Umenyiora: F. He has been useless all season. He has no clue how to contain a mobile QB. He has one pass rush move and no ability to play the run.
    LB Mathias Kiwanuka: D People must be kidding. This guy is awful at LB. Aikman said the same thing and he's correct.
    CB: Corey Webster: B+ Completely under-appreciated by Giants fans. He has to cover all the best receivers and the secondary was decimated by injuries putting more pressure on him.

Coughlin: B- Tom needs to understand that you don't keep 1st round RB picks on the bench because of one fumble. Stop being an old fart Tom.
    Gilbride:C- The team wins despite this fool. He still has no clue or killer instinct calling plays in the red zone. It's a joke.
    Fewell: B+ The defense has had a ton of injuries but he's kept it together enough to get them 6 wins.

Surprise player so far?: Bennett - Thought he was a big mouth who wasn't this solid. He's a good player.
    Best rookie? Randel - Should be Wilson if old fart Coughlin would actually let him run the ball. Holding onto punts is not easy. I don't think Randel has dropped one and that is really impressive to me.
    Unsung hero? Johnson. For a safety to come in and have 5 INT's and several fumble recoveries with the problems this team had at safety when Phillips was out before is incredible.
    I respect everyone's opinion, but everything I read that's in bold means that your opinion stinks! I'm sorry but Osi gets an F while Inconsistent (at catching) Bennett gets an A? Keith gets a C and is overrated? Kiwi gets a D? and if I heard right, I heard Aikman said Kiwi's strongest point is playing DE, he didn't downplay Kiwi's LB play, and when you say cover, you forgot that Corey has to watch and patrol the receiver, not the QB like a safety would...he's been inconsistent and you can't have the "covering the best receivers" as an excuse....injuries, yes, but covering the #1 WR? If I remember right, C-Webb got burned by OGLETREE in the opener...not saying he sucks, but he hasn't been the Corey of 2007-2011, and he needs to wake up and smell the coffee...all those raises questions, but when you made a comment of Hixon, I had to ask the question, what are you smoking? http://www.nfl.com/teams/New%20York%...stics?team=NYG here's the stats and you'll see Hixon has decent numbers for a #3 receiver, he has played decent corners like DRC, & Brandon Carr, but calling him overrated is the most ridiculous thing I've heard from you....I'm sorry to be rude, but please, re-check the stats, and re-watch videos before you make a very complex opinion, just a tip.
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 11-03-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Nothing like people who criticize the opinions of others because they lack the balls to put out their own. Bennett has been tremendous blocking all season. A huge reason along with Diehl being out that the run game is much better this year. I'd respond to you more but it's obvious you're clueless at the moment and aren't worth trying to explain football to.
    Last edited by kreiderisabeast; 11-02-2012 at 04:06 AM.

vCash
    Nothing like people who criticize the opinions of others because they lack the balls to put out their own. Bennett has been tremendous blocking all season. A huge reason along with Diehl being out that the run game is much better this year. I'd respond to you more but it's obvious you're clueless at the moment and aren't worth trying to explain football to.
    If you're expecting me to blast you out with arrogant comments like you just did to me, think twice. I truly respect people's opinion, and when I have made a wrong statement about people's opinion, I apologized for what I said. BUT with that being said, Your comment was the first I ever read that really forced me to pick you apart like that, but I knew this was coming, since you arrogantly gave out a sloppy grade, you would say something so ridiculous like you just did in the quote above, so you haven't disappointed my expectation. I never took anything away from Bennett's blocking ability, which he has done a phenomenal job, but Bennett has been inconsistent with his catching, one that was obvious was the drop on Dallas one yard line last week. You don't have to "respond to me more" because I've already heard enough of your horrendous opinion and I don't need to hear more. "Nothing like people who criticize the opinions of others because they lack the balls to put out their own." You just created a contradiction on your own comment my friend, and it seems YOU are the clueless one buddy, you've just made yourself look bad for nothing because I managed to have my own grades right above yours, I at least managed to apologize for my comments before I clicked send, knowing what I said would greatly offend you, but you prove me of your arrogance by not noticing I did put out my own opinion BEFORE you put out yours and also by not fully reading my comment, assuming I didn't care how you would have felt. I don't regret the comments because that's how I felt. I let it out, because I've never read so many arrogant statements before, calling out players like Hixon, Rivers, Kiwi, & Osi (I know C-Webb can play better) who do contribute to the reason why the Giants are winning. It's a team effort, and you'll see that my grades & comments are different from yours because as a Die-Hard Giants fan, I passionately watched every Giants game, and I've seen the highs and lows of each player to type out a well-thought report and a decent grade to each position based on how they're playing, their potentials, and how they contributed in a team effort, so please, save your "worthiness" to explain me what Football is, Professor Clueless
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 11-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Like I said. Grow a pair of balls, put your report card out there and let other people comment on it. You're also clueless if you think Manning deserves an A+. He's been solid to good this year. He hasn't dominated. In fact, the past 2 weeks he's been average at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    QB Eli Manning: B-. He hasn't been absolutely great but he has done what we've needed of him. He struggled versus Dallas both times, made a couple of really bad plays versus Philly, and didn't play his best game versus the Skins. On the other hand, he was amazing in the second half of the Bucs game, the SF game, the Browns game, the Carolina game. We're winning games but he hasn't been himself.
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw: B. He's been solid, but he's going to be as good as the blocking. I still prefer both Brown and Wilson.
    RB David Wilson: B-. He hasn't gotten much of a chance but when he's come in during garbage time, he's looked great and he's been fantastic on returns. I wanna see more!
    RB Andre Brown: A-. He filled in very well for Bradshaw and may very well be the best RB on the team. I'd like to see him get more reps.
    WR Victor Cruz: A-. Had a rough start to the season against Dallas but has been great ever since. No complaints.
    WR Hakeem Nicks: C+. He needs to stay healthy. He was amazing vs. Tampa but that's it. He's a top 10 WR when healthy, but he just hasn't been playing at full strength.
    WR Domenik Hixon: A-. I love what Hixon has done for us. He has been great in three wide sets and has some of the best hands on the team. When healthy, he's a dangerous third wide.
    WR Ramses Barden: B. He filled in well when asked, but we haven't seen much of him since then. Too many wides above him on the depth chart.
    WR Reuben Randle: B. Same as Barden. He's looked great when called upon, but we are just loaded at WR.
    TE Martellus Bennett: A-. He's a good blocker and has been a dangerous receiving threat. It seems like any TE we plug in to this system performs well, because of Pope. This was an ideal situation for Bennett because he needed a new start. He has great talent and just wasn't in the right situation. I want his body language to improve though.
    Offensive Line (as a whole): B. They are not great talent wise, but they have been piecing it together. When they are blocking well for Eli, Eli is finding his guys. However, I don't like to look at sacks allowed as much because Eli is great at getting the ball out fast and throwing it away if he senses pressure. He has still been getting pressured. The run blocking has shown glimpses but needs to be more consistent.

DE Justin Tuck: C. Disappointed. He's played well the last couple games but was pure trash before that.
    DE Jason Pierre-Paul: A-. Easily our best DLineman right now. He's been getting pressure and making plays every game. He hasn't been the absolute beast he was last year, but he's still been a phenomenal player.
    DE Osi Umenyiora: C+. He still sucks at playing the run but he finally had a good game last week. I expect better play from him and Tuck.
    DT Linval Joseph: A. He's been healthy, consistent, and productive. Very underrated player and definitely cannot complain about his production.
    DT Rocky Bernard: INC. He was amazing to start the year and then got hurt. Waiting for him to return.
    DT Markus Kuhn: B. For a rookie he's been alright. I wasn't expecting much from him, but he's shown ability to be a rotational DT.
    DT Marvin Austin: C-. Hasn't shown much at all when given a chance. Disappointed.
    DT Chris Canty: INC. Only played two games so far. Looked great last week though.
    LB Mathias Kiwanuka: A-. I think he's been great this year defending the run and playing on the strong side. Good work.
    LB Keith Rivers: A-. Pleasant surprise here. We got him for little to nothing and he's been a very good linebacker for us. Hope he stays healthy.
    LB Michael Boley: B. Not a phenomenal year, but a very solid one for Boley. He had major issues guarding Witten last week, but for the most part we've been solid guarding TE's. He's another guy that really needs to stay healthy.
    LB Chase Blackburn: B-. He isn't a great starter at MIKE but he's all we have. He's filled in well.
    CB: Corey Webster: C. He's just not been himself this year. Disappointing.
    CB Prince Amukamara: B. Started out hurt again but has been solid since being put into the starting lineup. He got burned last week, but before that he was looking sharp.
    CB: Jayron Hosley: B-. Hosley's shown glimpses of being a very solid CB but has made a couple rookie mistakes, which are expected. Happy wit his play so far.
    FS: Antrel Rolle: B. He's been banged up but has played alright. He was huge in that game versus Alex Smith and the 9ers. We need him to get healthy though.
    SS: Stevie Brown: A. Huge, huge surprise for sure. Stevie has filled in very well for KP and just has a knack for the football.

K Lawrence Tynes: A-. Would be an A+ if he made the kick vs. Philly
    P Steve Weatherford: A-. He's been solid this year.

Reese: Inc. TBD at the end of the year.
    Coughlin: A-. 6-2 start, can't complain.
    Gilbride: B-. He had a great gameplan versus SF but his playcalling has still been really frustrating at times.
    Fewell: B-. He needs to stop trying to move JPP to DT and all that nonsense. Keep JPP on the edge and take Osi off the ****ing field on first and second down.

Surprise player so far?: Stevie Johnson
    Overrated player so far?: Eli Manning (as much as I love him, he hasn't been sharp enough)
    Best rookie? David Wilson
    Unsung hero? Linval Joseph
    WR Domenik Hixon: C. Overrated. He gets all the easy matchups and really hasn't done much.

Like I said. Grow a pair of balls, put your report card out there and let other people comment on it. You're also clueless if you think Manning deserves an A+. He's been solid to good this year. He hasn't dominated. In fact, the past 2 weeks he's been average at best.
    Kid, You're not making sense...I mean, this is why I pointed you out, I may have been hard on ya, but look, the post doesn't lie...roshan3ai, another Giants fan, gave Eli a LOWER grade than you did, (you, B+, roshan3ai, B-) but yet, he gave such an elaborate response that really convinced me well why Eli would get such a low score...I've seen Eli play bad, and i went easy on him and gave him an A-, not A+, which his older brother Peyton deserves, but it's because Eli finds a way to win most of the wins he have this season, he has made plays when it count, but I can admit when I'm wrong, when twice, you've not proven me wrong, all you said to em was grow a pair of balls and make a post when it's already been up before yours, I just don't get why after you posting that twice, have still not found my grades are in blue, which is hard to miss.and I DO reconsider when I'm wrong, but you haven't shown me why...compare your response, to his...see the difference? I know you're a Giants fan, and believe me, I'd rather trash my younger brother, who's an Eagles fan, then to attack a newly recruited Giants fan...I'm sure you can be an intelligent man, and maybe I should've responded to you like this in the 1st place, I'll admit it, but I want to make clear to you, and I'm going to do it the way I should've done in the 1st place, I want you re-evaluate you report and just see if some players like Osi, Kiwi, Hixon, & Rivers deserve that low grade you gave them, and just the description you gave each player was just too harsh, even if you are a Giants fan, you can't just call out the players like that in such a rash and ignorant way, "People expect the world from [Eli]." really? you're gonna down your own QB like that? that makes you sound like a doubter and the type of fan that would throw his players in the bus...that's harsh bro, so don't take this the hard way now, I'm just trying to help you out rookie, think twice before you click send next time.