Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Tim Dierkes of MLBTR feels that Ryan Ludwick is too expensive for the Mets taste. :cry:
    Everyone is too expensive for the Mets. Repeat it with me until you understand.

I'd be more concerned about the Yankee off-season if I were you, because this is going to be a long frustrating one for the Mets again. I'm expecting a few deals, but nothing crazy. Unless Hurricane Sandy surprises me.

vCash
    And the beat goes on year after year and Bud does nothing, it'll be the same next year too. The money they save on Bay and JS will disappear faster than Keyser Soze.

vCash
    Melky and Ludwick if affordable

vCash
    Offer Melky 4 for 20M with incentives.

Trade Duda, V-Spin, Fulmer, Familia and DD/Kirk For Upton.

Thats an OF of Melky, Kirk/DD and Upton.

Kirk should improve with a lineup including Upton and Melky as he should see more good pitches.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I like the 1st three and Upton

vCash
    Aaron Hicks.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Who should the Mets target in Free Agency or Trade.

Your opinion in this poll matters.

Melky Cabrera
    Delmon Young
    Shane Victorino
    Andruw Jones
    Scott Hairston
    Ryan Ludwick
    Grady Sizemore
    Angel Pagan
    Matt Diaz
    Cody Ross
    Justin Upton
    (Other)
    To be honest I wouldn't want any if we are indeed in rebuilding mode but if they at least lie to us and say they are still in win now mode I take Cody Ross but we're not so it really doesn't matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Offer Melky 4 for 20M with incentives.

Trade Duda, V-Spin, Fulmer, Familia and DD/Kirk For Upton.

Thats an OF of Melky, Kirk/DD and Upton.

Kirk should improve with a lineup including Upton and Melky as he should see more good pitches.
    I wouldn't give Melky four years. Two would be much better in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I wouldn't give Melky four years. Two would be much better in my opinion.
    Why would anyone even offer him a contract after he just got suspended for PED's knowing damn well what he was taking? He didn't offer the Miguel Tejada I got a B-12 injection excuse or the Barry Bonds Flax Seed Oil excuse, he admitted he cheated. Why on God's earth for a franchise that needs to rebuild it's image would you sign a guy like that just beacuse you might get him cheap after a suspension?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Why would anyone even offer him a contract after he just got suspended for PED's knowing damn well what he was taking? He didn't offer the Miguel Tejada I got a B-12 injection excuse or the Barry Bonds Flax Seed Oil excuse, he admitted he cheated. Why on God's earth for a franchise that needs to rebuild it's image would you sign a guy like that just beacuse you might get him cheap after a suspension?
    Because he's a good player. He used steroids, he admitted it. At least he had the integrity not to use some lame excuse. Using steroids doesn't make him a bad person. If he can put up the numbers he did in KC he would be well worth 5 mil a year. I don't believe that a 28-29 year old players game would fall as much as an older players game such as AROD after getting off the juice. For example Braun put up MVP like numbers on and did it again off of it this year.

Plus why do they need to rebuild their image. There image is of a crappy team who's owners do not do what it takes to win. Cabrera along with Upton can help change that.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Because he's a good player. He used steroids, he admitted it. At least he had the integrity not to use some lame excuse. Using steroids doesn't make him a bad person. If he can put up the numbers he did in KC he would be well worth 5 mil a year. I don't believe that a 28-29 year old players game would fall as much as an older players game such as AROD after getting off the juice. For example Braun put up MVP like numbers on and did it again off of it this year.

Plus why do they need to rebuild their image. There image is of a crappy team who's owners do not do what it takes to win. Cabrera along with Upton can help change that.
    Who is to say he wasn't using in KC? His numbers could be an abberation. Plus why has he made the rounds from team to team? If he signs elsewhere it will be five teams in eight seasons (Yankees, Braves, Royals, Giants & ?) He didn't take off until his lone season in KC & this season with SF. You can't possibly think he will meet that same production over the last two seasons off the juice. The reason he came clean I'm sure was because he was busted and I believe his agent told him to do a written apology no doubt written by his agent's secretary because it will look like he's genuine but it took him being caught to admit his wrong doing not because he felt guilty and couldn't live a lie anymore. And it has been said by former teammates in New York that his attitude with the Yanks of all organizations was poor hence why he got shipped out. Pass for me thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Who is to say he wasn't using in KC? His numbers could be an abberation. Plus why has he made the rounds from team to team? If he signs elsewhere it will be five teams in eight seasons (Yankees, Braves, Royals, Giants & ?) He didn't take off until his lone season in KC & this season with SF. You can't possibly think he will meet that same production over the last two seasons off the juice. The reason he came clean I'm sure was because he was busted and I believe his agent told him to do a written apology no doubt written by his agent's secretary because it will look like he's genuine but it took him being caught to admit his wrong doing not because he felt guilty and couldn't live a lie anymore. And it has been said by former teammates in New York that his attitude with the Yanks of all organizations was poor hence why he got shipped out. Pass. for me thanks.
    Agree.

vCash
    Sign Bourn, trade for Justin Upton, Kirk in LF.
    (Ideal world)

Sign Nick Swisher.
    (Real world)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBaseball5 View Post
    Sign Bourn, trade for Justin Upton, Kirk in LF.
    (Ideal world)

Sign Nick Swisher.
    (Real world)
    Nooo...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12