Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl 13

vCash

Nhl 13

Has anyone played the demo yet? I am not sure if I am going to get this game. I havent had time to download the demo yet. Do you guys like it so far?

vCash
    Played only the "play now" last night..pretty much the same game as last year, seems a little better graphics..but I noticed some little things like after a whistle is blown it goes right to a cut scene so no after the whistle hitting guys or the goalie (lol..i would always crush the goalie during those times)

vCash
    Seemed like the same game to me but a little bit slower and the graphics were a little nicer. Watch the video about connected careers though. That seems pretty cool.

vCash
    I like it, you can't exactly push the puck forward but you can hustle harder. You could see the rigors it put on the players though. Passing seems a bit improved. It's a typical new NHL game. They don't ever seem to do anything over the top too drastic, but they generally always improve the game in numerous areas and that's highlighted by one thing they tried to improve a little better.

Best example was a few years ago when they improved the defensive side of the puck as their main overhaul and fixed a bunch of other little things. The best thing that year was they finally fixed the defenders bailing on the offensive zone and ruining your momentum in there. Even up until this year they keep slightly improving that aspect bit by bit.

I love the NHL series, I just hope you can do more then one GM in dynasty.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Chelly is the best video game franchise of all time.

vCash
    I haven't played NHL in 3 years, should I buy this one? Has enough changed for me to want to buy it?

Legendary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Played only the "play now" last night..pretty much the same game as last year, seems a little better graphics..but I noticed some little things like after a whistle is blown it goes right to a cut scene so no after the whistle hitting guys or the goalie (lol..i would always crush the goalie during those times)
    Wow, that's dumb. That's when I'd always try to pick a fight with the other team's star.

vCash
    Great improvements unlike madden they actually make slight improvements to everything to make the game better...skating is great the passing seems a little harder. The hard passes aren't as easy to catch overall I buy nhl every year because its the best sports game out there

vCash
    I love this series but the demo made me not want this at all. The controles seemed late, and the buttons unresponsive. NHL has never been like this. I hope it was just the demo sucking but I'm not feeling good about this now. Also my shots weren't going where I aimed them.

vCash
    They need to tone the hitting down a touch. I like that being physical is a plus this year, but I've had so many instances where I've been barely nudged by a guy like Williams or Kopitar & I actually end up flying though the air when I'm using a guy like Janssen or Salvador. Seems a bit out of whack right now.

I'm still getting used to the skating but it also seems a bit buggy right now, I'm playing with a slightly busted controller though (I chucked it while playing NHL12, lol), so it may just be me. When you're not skating fast, it feels like you've got cement blocks on your feet when trying to turn. I get that some guys like Brookbank are bad skaters, but Stamkos doesn't have this hard of a time pivoting if he's not skating full blast. Again, this may just be my controller, because at times last year I'd have the same issue when trying to skate east/west, it's as if I'd let go of my control stick or something.

I'm also finding that my goalie plays the puck on his own a lot rather than covering it up. Or he'd just kind of let the puck sit infront of him as he slowly slides out of his crease in the butterfly without reacting to the puck at all. It's led to a lot of goals that really shouldn'tbe happening, kind of annoying.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed up in the final version. This has the potential to be a really solid release if they follow up with some solid post release support (which, to be honest, I'm not expecting. We're talking about EA after all)

On a more positive note, I really love how difficult it is to throw passes cross ice this year. So many goals have been scored on me in previous editions because guys would just throw some sauce across the ice through 3 perfectly placed guys who wouldn't even recognize the puck is going past thier sticks & rip a one timer home. My hope is that this forces guys to ACTUALLY cycle the puck a bit & generate thier offense a bit more realistically. I'm sure some guy with the name xXxQCxSubbanx76xXx or something will figure a glitch out so they can avoid playing real hockey, AGAIN.

vCash
    The aiming is definitely a lot harder

vCash
    NHL 13 got a whole new skating system so yes, I'd call that a "major" overhaul. It's way more realistic and the demo made NHL 12 as a full game look bad.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    Great improvements unlike madden they actually make slight improvements to everything to make the game better...skating is great the passing seems a little harder. The hard passes aren't as easy to catch overall I buy nhl every year because its the best sports game out there
    Fifa says hi.

vCash
    Not a big fan of fifa ...not a big fan of soccer in general but to eachs own

vCash
    I hear if your a smaller forward your going to beable to push the bigger defenders around as easy anymore

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast