Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    You can tell it's going to take a while for this team to gel. When Harden's not one, who takes over the offense? Lin could I guess, and played well today. Parsons played well and Delfino's going to be hit or miss.

There were times in this game where the offense didn't have a clue. But that's to be expected. I'll take any win I can early in the season because of how new the team is with one another.
    I agree, but I think they should really go with the small ball lineup with Parsons at the 4 and Delfino at the 3 whenever Patterson is hurt. If Pat comes back a lot of the defensive problems they had in this game will go away, and it will make them deeper.

Also, does anyone have any idea why Terrence Jones didn't play tonight? Because aside from a few easy layups, Marcus Morris was atrocious. Morris should not be allowed to start the next game if Jones is healthy.

vCash
    it was amazing having a SG that scored 37 points and still played defense, orgasmic actually, still pissed Jones didn't get any PT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I agree, but I think they should really go with the small ball lineup with Parsons at the 4 and Delfino at the 3 whenever Patterson is hurt. If Pat comes back a lot of the defensive problems they had in this game will go away, and it will make them deeper.

Also, does anyone have any idea why Terrence Jones didn't play tonight? Because aside from a few easy layups, Marcus Morris was atrocious. Morris should not be allowed to start the next game if Jones is healthy.
    Doesn't McHale hate rookies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Doesn't McHale hate rookies?
    No, remember Parsons last year? You're thinking of Adelman, who yes, never plays young guys. McHale was supposedly brought here for his ability to coach young talent

vCash
    Harden's game makes me wet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Also in case you guys care, Dynamo up 1-0 at halftime in their first playoff game. Not a soccer fan myself, but I can get in the mood for a Houston team.

vCash
    Alright. For some reason I've been thinking it was both. It really makes no sense for him to not play Jones or Monty when Morris is obviously worthless and it makes no sense to play Douglas over Machado. Neither can score but at least Machado seems to know his limitations and is great at running the offense. But, we are going to have some offensive dry spells is Jones and Monty aren't going to play. I think they at least bring some firepower

vCash
    Also, I was impressed with Greg Smith tonight. He had too many fouls again, but I think a lot of that was guys getting beat and driving the lane on him. But offensively, he ran very well and seemed to develop good chemistry with Harden. He also crashed the boards well. Even when Patterson, Jones and Motiejunas start getting minutes, I could see Smith still cracking the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Alright. For some reason I've been thinking it was both. It really makes no sense for him to not play Jones or Monty when Morris is obviously worthless and it makes no sense to play Douglas over Machado. Neither can score but at least Machado seems to know his limitations and is great at running the offense. But, we are going to have some offensive dry spells is Jones and Monty aren't going to play. I think they at least bring some firepower
    One thing the Rockets were really lacking tonight was any semblance of a mid range game. It seemed like almost all of their shots were threes or in the paint. And I was super pleased with how often they got easy shots inside, but against tougher defenses, they're going to need more jump shooters on the floor. I think that's what Patterson, Jones and Motiejunas can provide when they're in the lineup.

vCash
    we need to trade Morris for a clipboard that Coach McHale can use

vCash
    Where are all the naysayers who said Harden was a bench player and this was a horrible trade? Yes, I know it is only 1 game, but 37 points, 12 assists, 6 boards and 4 steals are not put up by bench players. We did give up a lot to get Harden, but he is clearly the best player in the draft and I doubt OKC is going to find someone as good as him with any of the 1st round picks. Lamb could be good, but there is no way he will be 'Harden good'. Whenever you can acquire a superstar, and Harden is a superstar, you have to go for it. I applaud Morey for being aggressive and I think Presti did about as good as he could considering the situation.

vCash
    Sorry, not draft, but best player in the trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    One thing the Rockets were really lacking tonight was any semblance of a mid range game. It seemed like almost all of their shots were threes or in the paint. And I was super pleased with how often they got easy shots inside, but against tougher defenses, they're going to need more jump shooters on the floor. I think that's what Patterson, Jones and Motiejunas can provide when they're in the lineup.
    the mid range is going to come when they figure out their pick and roll scheme. they need more spacing so when the pick comes lin or harden can slide to one side and pop an easy shot. the spacing tonight was horrendous the roller kept getting in the way with the driver and clogging up the lane along with the defenders.

itll come though and when it does we'll take advantage.

vCash
    PPat will help with mid-range shots

vCash
    I think these next two days will. Help alot and is patterson be back for fridays game

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast