Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    A regular scotch drinker should not be finishing a bottle in less than two weeks and if you have multiple options, a bottle could last you a month. If you are finishing a bottle in two days, its pretty clear what your goals are when drinking and you shouldn't be drinking scotch. You can get drunk a lot quicker and a lot cheaper many different ways.

To me a "regular" scotch drinker is someone who has four to seven drams a week. That's about a bottle every two weeks to a month. At that pace, no reason to spend a few extra dollars on a more quality spirit.

Dewars White cost 24 dollars in PA. There are plenty of single malts that you can get in the 30-40 dollar range that offer a more flavorful experience.

If you enjoyed Cutty Sark and are on a budget, you will likely enjoy Glenlivet 12. Similar Speyside tasting profile that is nice and you can get it for 35-38 dollars. Actually, if you go up to the counters at some W&S stores, they have 50ml bottles for 3 dollars that you can try out.
    The liter of Crown I got was on sale for $30 so I felt like I got a steal. I've also had good experiences with it and was a little overwhelmed by all the options at the package store (that's what they call liquor stores in Georgia).

I wouldn't recommend drinking scotch in volume. They're known to produce some of the most epic hangovers. Bad epic. Just a couple splashes to warm the belly and mellow the nerves is the way I like it.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Fred probably drunk moonshine before meeting Mrs. Fred.
    who do you think had the still?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Believe me when I say; if you're going to sip, by all means, explore all your options before spending bug money on a bottle you expect to keep around for more than a weekend.

But if you plan on being a regular scotch drinker, go with Dewar's.
    you mean like this? Mississippi Bug Juice?

or were you referring more to something like this: Bar bug?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    The liter of Crown I got was on sale for $30 so I felt like I got a steal. I've also had good experiences with it and was a little overwhelmed by all the options at the package store (that's what they call liquor stores in Georgia).

I wouldn't recommend drinking scotch in volume. They're known to produce some of the most epic hangovers. Bad epic. Just a couple splashes to warm the belly and mellow the nerves is the way I like it.

How is the selection in GA?

vCash
    I'm no connoisseur so it's hard to say. There were a lot of options although I imagine many were bourbon since this is the south...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Laws in PA are about as strict as they get in the US. I imagine you have a much greater selection down there. I end up driving 30 minutes to Delaware usually for a larger selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    who do you think had the still?
    Of course Fred the Handyman.

He will cultivate your tomato garden, and drop off his Hooch in fertilizer bags.
    IncogFredo.

vCash
    exactafredo

vCash
    Anyone on Turntable.fm ?? We usually have people in a PSD Group in the evenings

vCash

vCash
    So, I see the Eagles are in line for the 4th overall pick in the draft. That's cool. Who are the early names at the top of the board?

vCash
    Don't know too much but from what I'm hearing Lueckel an OL is a guy that should be targeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    So, I see the Eagles are in line for the 4th overall pick in the draft. That's cool. Who are the early names at the top of the board?
    I want Manti Teo, I feel some awesome tackle will be available in FA.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Manti Teo as well. There are a few lineman available I'm the upcoming FA. Get one, move TH back to guard and hope Peters is what he was. Team should really be ok with a few twitches and a coaching change.

vCash
    But...go Phillies.

vCash
    I am a Notre Dame guy so I don't want Manti anywhere NEAR the eagles

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast