Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ateam...mlbtr was looking for writers...part time but paid...that who fit you well IMO
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I saw. I applied a couple years ago for a full time position they had available. I got through a couple rounds of the application process but didn't get it. They didn't have any new writers on the site after that, so I think they just decided not to hire anybody.

If I were single, I'd apply, but I think girlfriend would kill me. Between my 50-60 hr/wk job and that, she'd be furious with me. And I happen to like my job plus it pays well, so I wouldn't quit it for a part time role with MLBTR.

I'll be looking for that type of role again in 5 years or so, once I bank a couple hundred thousand. My life plan is to make some money and then write some novels while doing some baseball writing for a site like MLBTR or Fangraphs. And then if the novels don't generate income, go back and make more money.
    Last edited by The A Team; 01-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    ^^^nice...good thoughts and plan

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I'm applying. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

vCash
    Why isn't this stickied anymore?

I saw the most recent Underworld yesterday and was quite disappointed. Which is a bit of a feat because I had very low expectations.

First disappointment is that it was 1:24 in length - of which 11 minutes are credits. That's ridiculously short.

It was also clearly misbudgeted. Maybe they shouldn't have hired Kate Beckinsale. Or maybe they should have taken the money they spent on "throwing" roughly 15 cars and paid a writer to actually flesh out the script. The basic idea behind the movie was interesting (though it was a trope, it's a good trope) but nobody bothered to get past a rough sketch of the idea. That or they cut a LOT of content.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Why isn't this stickied anymore?
    Apparently it's horribly detrimental to the quality of the forum to sticky an OT thread.

Meanwhile, spam continues to run rampant.

vCash
    Isn't the point of the OT thread to...

never mind, I don't even want to...

vCash
    Never seen the Underworld movies personally as it just never peaked my interest, but Kate Beckinsale was one of two reasons why the remake of Total Recall was watchable. The other being the beautiful Jessica Biel.

vCash
    All Underworld movies are disappointing. It's one of those generic vampire movies where there is always a powerful vampire king, but some other creature threatens the vampires.

If not for Kate Beckinsdale wearing latex, the movie would not be a syfy cult classic.

vCash
    Is it a cult classic? There's not really much of a story around it.

vCash
    I went to Comic Con in 2008, and there were people dressed up representing the first 2 Underworld installments. Yes, it was pathetic, but, it's a vampire movie with a hot chick.

I don't know if that equates to a cult classic, but hundreds of people dressed up as Underworld vampires is almost cultish too me.

vCash
    Who unstickied?

vCash
    there. It's all sticky again

vCash
    Just pm me if it gets unstickied again as well...i also have the power but don't notice it on the phone app which i feel its quite disappointing

vCash
    The Greeks are a much more laid back people than most of my clients. I got this message this morning from a Cyprus client...

"Yes, a meeting soon will be preferable. I expect to be able to arrange the meeting during the second half of February. I will follow up on this next month."

Emphasis mine. Usually for us, "soon" means "let's go back in time and meet last week."

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast