Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    People put that **** away in a day or 2. I'd probably finish it off in 2.

vCash
    Need to get some RC Cola and have a Royal Crown

vCash
    I got the RC you bring the Crown.

vCash
    buncha alchy's

vCash
    Fred probably drunk moonshine before meeting Mrs. Fred.

vCash
    Believe me when I say; if you're going to sip, by all means, explore all your options before spending bug money on a bottle you expect to keep around for more than a weekend.

But if you plan on being a regular scotch drinker, go with Dewar's.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I had Cutty Sark one time which was pretty smooth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Believe me when I say; if you're going to sip, by all means, explore all your options before spending bug money on a bottle you expect to keep around for more than a weekend.

But if you plan on being a regular scotch drinker, go with Dewar's.
    A regular scotch drinker should not be finishing a bottle in less than two weeks and if you have multiple options, a bottle could last you a month. If you are finishing a bottle in two days, its pretty clear what your goals are when drinking and you shouldn't be drinking scotch. You can get drunk a lot quicker and a lot cheaper many different ways.

To me a "regular" scotch drinker is someone who has four to seven drams a week. That's about a bottle every two weeks to a month. At that pace, no reason to spend a few extra dollars on a more quality spirit.

Dewars White cost 24 dollars in PA. There are plenty of single malts that you can get in the 30-40 dollar range that offer a more flavorful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    I had Cutty Sark one time which was pretty smooth
    If you enjoyed Cutty Sark and are on a budget, you will likely enjoy Glenlivet 12. Similar Speyside tasting profile that is nice and you can get it for 35-38 dollars. Actually, if you go up to the counters at some W&S stores, they have 50ml bottles for 3 dollars that you can try out.

vCash
    Moose takes his scotch seriously, damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Moose takes his scotch seriously, damn.
    Not even my favorite spirit

I usually only have 2-3 straight drinks a week, a cocktail or two, and a beer. But I demand those drinks to be quality! I also spent some money on pretty bad spirits and thought I'd lend my advice so that similar mistakes aren't made.

Don't get me wrong, if you want a Scotch and Soda, Dewars would be my go to over JW Red. They all have their places.

vCash
    I hardly drink at all anymore, and it's almost exclusively beer these days. But I do still appreciate a quality brew.

vCash
    I hardly drink at all anymore, and it's almost exclusively beer these days. But I do still appreciate a quality brew.
    Nice. I visited Yards Brewery two weeks ago, I enjoy a lot of their brews.

vCash
    It's called having to pay with your own money. I wish I could drink cocktails all the time, but I'd be ruined. I see myself forced to go beer and maybe one Saturday night a month go with Cocktails

Oh do I miss the ol' college days when my Pell Grant paid for my Wednesday-Thursday and Weekends drinking.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Yeah, I give Moose credit for being a connoiseur of Scotch.

It's pretty strong, and it can be very dry.
    It's definitely a domestic alcohol where you barely notice people order scotch/bourbon at bars, watering holes. Actually, I think I've never ordered Scotch at the bar thinking about it. I always find myself pounding scotch before going out. Unless Jameson is a scotch Irish whisky cause I primarily drink Jameson on weekends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    It's called having to pay with your own money. I wish I could drink cocktails all the time, but I'd be ruined. I see myself forced to go beer and maybe one Saturday night a month go with Cocktails

Oh do I miss the ol' college days when my Pell Grant paid for my Wednesday-Thursday and Weekends drinking.
    Nah, I just lost the desire to drink a lot after a while. Other drugs are more interesting.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast