Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    cash is cash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    For some reason, I'm craving some good whiskey. Maybe I'll invest.
    Bourbon, Scotch, Single Malt?

vCash
    Im still trying to figure out some good whiskey/scotch to sip on. The only stuff I've had that I've really liked was Crown

vCash
    Got a liter of Crown on sale for $30 the other night. My classy liquor cabinet now stands at one option.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    gimme vodka when I want a "drink" and I am happy...grey goose or better (I like pearl a lot as well)....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Bourbon, Scotch, Single Malt?
    Dewar's Scotch Whiskey please....

vCash
    Long Islands!!

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Crown is good on the rocks. Crown and Coke is alright, but I prefer Crown and Root Beer.

When it comes to Scotch, it's worth spending a little extra money to get away from the bottom-mediocre shelf. Dewar's White Label is more of a mixer, the 12 is drinkable neat but I don't like the bourbony profile it brings.

If you are looking for a bourbon, I can't really help much there. Not a big fan of bourbon's because everyone I have had has gone overboard with oak.

For blended scotch's, Johnnie Walker Black Label is a great go to that has a nice crisp taste. If you want to spend a bit more, the Green Label (which has recently been discontinued) can still be picked up at most stores. Don't bother going to Blue, it's overpriced and you are paying for the name.

Single-Malts are where it's at. Jura, Glenfarclas, Old Pulteney are solid options. If you want to try something very different, go with an Islay whisky. Islay whisky's are known for their smoky character derived from peat. Coal Ila is my personal favorite Single Malt, it is a peated whisky. Other peaty whiskys that I enjoy are Laphroaig 10 and their Quarter Cask. Ardbeg is high quality as well.

vCash
    Won't drink whiskey with chasers/sodas anymore.
    I like the taste too much to dillute the immediate flavor.

Dewar's is my cheap option for Scotch Whisky.
    Johnny Walker is the usual favorite, but Chivas Regal is no joke.
    Buddy of mine introduced me to this scotch called "Glenlivet" and it was pretty good.
    You need to have a smooth palatte to really appreciate Scotch, and I'm coming around.

vCash
    Glenlivet is a good entry Scotch. Branch out to a Highland Park or Glenfarclas next or if you are feeling bold, try one of the peaty whiskys I mentioned. They are really quite enjoyable.

vCash
    If you want to sip your scotch like a woman, while reading Proust or Dickens in a leather wing-back chair by a roaring fire, just buy something expensive; there's very little difference in high-end scotch.

However, if you're drinking scotch because you're going out with friends and want to seem to have a slightly larger amount of class than you're beer-swilling buddies (in this thinking you would be correct) then drink Dewar's.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    That's why I like Crown. And I like the purple bags!
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you want to sip your scotch like a woman, while reading Proust or Dickens in a leather wing-back chair by a roaring fire, just buy something expensive; there's very little difference in high-end scotch.

However, if you're drinking scotch because you're going out with friends and want to seem to have a slightly larger amount of class than you're beer-swilling buddies (in this thinking you would be correct) then drink Dewar's.
    Haha, I couldn't think any more opposite. It's pretty dangerous to "just buy something expensive," because there is plenty of expensive swill out there. If you want to throw around some money for a nice bottle do your do diligence and research different brands online.

With the second paragraph, I would never suggest to drink something to look cool or have class. Only drink what you find to be quality and worthwhile. Buying a cheap scotch doesn't make you look classy, it makes you look like you are cheap but want to stand out. Buying an expensive scotch also doesn't make you look classy or cool. I've seen plenty of people shill out 50-75 dollars for a glass of Blue Label and can't help but think of how they could have better spent that money on an entire bottle of the more tasty Green Label.

Then again if you start out drinking White Label or JW Red, when you finally do decide to move up to the more palatable scotches, you will find them even more enjoyable and question why you didn't move up sooner.

I am a sucker for cool packaging from time to time. I try to focus only what's inside the bottle, but occasionally slick marketing and fancy packaging will get the better of me. Those CR bags are just so damn useful to store things in
    Last edited by MooseWithFleas; 12-10-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Fun story: My mom thinks my dads an alcoholic because he drinks a bottle of Crown in one calender year.

I had that Maple Crown the other day. Had a nice little aftertaste

vCash
    Crown Royal tastes like maple syrup, similar to Jack Daniels.

Too easy to drink.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast