Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Roster Moves and Trades Thread 2014

talk amongst yourselves...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I guess we had to have this thread, but my goodness, let's not trade anyone just yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I guess we had to have this thread, but my goodness, let's not trade anyone just yet!
    Idk if RAJ can get a couple of rosin bags and a pitching machine for papelbon, that might be too tempting to ignore

vCash
    I think Papelbon has to be the hardest chip to sell for RAJ.

His contract, his recent troubles, and the intangibles he brings to every performance. Once a runner reaches base, that player is destined to score or bring headaches when paps is on the mound. His ridiculous long set, only to rarely check runners, and because of that, runners advance very easily/barely any effort.

That's where Papelbon seems the hardest to sell. I understand the contract is near ridiculous, but after a single walk, it seems like Papelbon is doomed from the get-go.

vCash
    We first need to trade RAJ ,lol...... Really though until he's gone this team will be garbage..

vCash
    How soon till the fire sale starts??
    It's time to get younger and move on. If that means eating money and seeing the likes of Lee, Hamels and Utley exiting, it may need to happen to have a good 5yr plan. But first thing fire RAJ unless you want him to be the goat that trades away the popular pieces

vCash
    Gotta get raj gone before anything big begins. All other teams in the division have brighter futures at this point. Raj ruined this team...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Hopefully Lee doesn't hurt his trade value though. He should be fine but that's hurt in more ways than one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Gotta get raj gone before anything big begins. All other teams in the division have brighter futures at this point. Raj ruined this team...
    I think the Braves are incredibly overrated (both now and in the future), but the Nationals and Marlins aren't going anywhere... Let's just hope we have a few good drafts (we have to nail it with pick #7 this year) and make some savy acquisitions. Maybe if some things come together we'll be able to compete when Chase is 40 and ready to hobble off into the sunset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I think the Braves are incredibly overrated (both now and in the future), but the Nationals and Marlins aren't going anywhere... Let's just hope we have a few good drafts (we have to nail it with pick #7 this year) and make some savy acquisitions. Maybe if some things come together we'll be able to compete when Chase is 40 and ready to hobble off into the sunset.
    Gotta say by now that I don't trust Amaro with personnel decisions. His best move was a marginal gain in the Revere deal.

Winning it all when Chase is 40 just reminds me of "The Natural"

vCash
    The Phillies received Seth Rosin back today. He'll join the bullpen at some, heading to Triple-A for now.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I could sworn you said Seth Rogen....

vCash
    AJ Burnett has a hernia but he'll pitch through it. Gonna be a long season.

If/when the Phillies fall out of it, expect to see Jesse Biddle or Severino Gonzalez get the call.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Bidde is getting hit early. Maikel isn't hitting. Crawford slowed from hot start. Nothing going right early.

vCash
    The major league product looks surprisingly viable. There's that.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast