Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Spring Training 2015

Let's talk battles, play, future...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    A non-pinned thread? Mighty optimistic...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Just haven't gotten to my desktop lol

vCash
    Ha!
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Herrera did well today

vCash
    I hope he's given a chance to start over Sizemore and Brown. If he looks sharp enough, he could even make it easier to trade Revere.

vCash
    He reminds me of a good Michael Martinez lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Coil did great, Harvey was beasting it today, ****ing mets.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Some info I've gathered during the FanGraphs meetup in AZ.

We're all now quite convinced that Yasmany Tomas is fringy as a major leaguer. We're expected a .220-.240 average with very limited discipline. His power will decide if he's even viable. The DBacks appear to have been hosed.

Tommy Joseph was described to me as an example of the worst defensive catcher. Was also told his bat no longer plays at the position, let alone anywhere else. Probably time to mentally cut him out of the plans.

Darin Ruf's offseason protocol is to do nothing, show up to ST, and run sprints for 2 weeks. That explains the org's reticence to give him any kind of real look. It follows that he can't be expected to survive the vigors of a full season.

vCash
    I was high on Tomas but it looks like I was probably will be wrong. Good move by the FO with passing on him.

I think I mentally cut out Joseph after last season.

I always hate when players don't show major effort in the offseason. You get paid a lot of money to do so and could get paid a lot if you perform.

Also, Rangers could lose Darvish. Thats the type of injury that could make a team desperate for Hamels.

vCash
    Mario Hollands appears to have a strained flexor tendon. That opens the door for Rule 5 pick Andy Oliver. He has good stuff, just needs to discover command/control (not sure which having not watched him play).

Odubel Herrera limped off the field today. Keep an eye out for reports.

vCash
    Herrera is back in the lineup today, playing center field for the second day. It would be a huge boon if he can man the position. Revere is a better defensive fit for left field (where he's playing today).

vCash
    Hows Herrera's defense? Haven't been able to watch any of his games this ST.

vCash
    No idea. I've only seen Cactus League games.