Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Rightfully so. Does Castro++ for a corner OF and two pitching prospects really push the Cubs forward?
    exactly... we just locked Castro up on a good deal... so now we go and trade him for that type of return? HELL NO....... only way castro even gets brought up is if Seattle wants to get rid of King Felix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    When you have as much money as they do, roster spots and playing time becomes the far more important limiting factor.
    You don't know how much money they have. And if you did, that still isn't true.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    You will get crucified for suggesting a Castro trade
    I am used to it....I think Baez will be an excellent replacement. This is actually making the rebuild quicker. I like to be crucified but it's and excellent trade from both sides.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    exactly... we just locked Castro up on a good deal... so now we go and trade him for that type of return? HELL NO....... only way castro even gets brought up is if Seattle wants to get rid of King Felix
    That deal is not even that great. Jeffy proved that to Gato in the MLB thread, although he just chose to ignore facts in that instance.

vCash
    I don't think people are against elite talent. I think people differ on who counts as an elite talent.
    So what elite talent would be acceptable to obtain this off-season ? Many seem not to want to improve quickly because it will not lead to sustained success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Renteria was pretty damn good in his prime. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    If you want Upton you need to include Castro. PERIOD. I am not saying that it is going to happen but and Upton trade from any logical GM will begin and end with Castro.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    So what elite talent would be acceptable to obtain this off-season ? Many seem not to want to improve quickly because it will not lead to sustained success.
    Greinke. Hamilton's drug history, blue eyes (supposedly bad at hitting in day games), injury history, and desired contract lean towards him not being a viable option however.

vCash
    You don't know how much money they have. And if you did, that still isn't true.
    It's completely true, and it's something that many fans severely discount as they drool over imaginary financial efficiency.You can't field a team of 30 2-WAR, pre-arb players and get the same results as 10 6-WAR stars, even though the former would likely be far more payroll efficient.

There are many limitations to a baseball team's resources that are at least as important as money and in some cases more.

You have 8 positions, five rotation spots and a couple of high-leverage bullpen roles.

You only get one season per year.

vCash
    That deal is not even that great. Jeffy proved that to Gato in the MLB thread, although he just chose to ignore facts in that instance.
    please show me this proof you speak of because the one that matters is VALUE.... and at the current price Castro never has to be much over 2.1 WAR to even be worth that contract......... and castro has been over 3 the past two years........ i mean come on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I am used to it....I think Baez will be an excellent replacement. This is actually making the rebuild quicker. I like to be crucified but it's and excellent trade from both sides.
    You can't just write Baez in a few years down the road. He's a volatile, high-ceiling, low-floor prospect. If he puts it all together, he's a franchise-changing prospect. But I'd still put it at 50/50 or worse that he ever becomes an MLB regular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Either is far from a platoon player right now that's a bit ridiculous. He's only 30, coming off a .284/.351/.460 season. Contract is bad I agree but if dodgers willing to pick up some $$ on that contract he's a nice veteran precense who can be very valuable at the plate
    Career vs. LH

.238/.296/.649

vCash
    please show me this proof you speak of because the one that matters is VALUE.... and at the current price Castro never has to be much over 2.1 WAR to even be worth that contract......... and castro has been over 3 the past two years........ i mean come on
    I don't have time to look for it, but what the main idea is is that you are not saving on his pre arbitration years and Castro is good at things that aren't really calculated in arbitration. Arbitration doesn't care what your WAR is

vCash
    Lol wut? At worst they're likely breaking even on the deal - if he doesnt improve at all. This is assuming nothing catastrophic.

The bargain is having Castro from 22-29 at what will most likely end up being a below market deal for a starting SS. Reeeeeaaaalllyyy not complicated stuff.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-08-2012 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    o and I forgot to mention.... HE'S 22 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!

I am sorry I am just dumb founded that people want to trade away one of our biggest assets on this team. Yeah sure if it gets us the return that we need but does trading Castro get us any closer to a WS? Maybe IF... IF.... IF!!!..... the prospects turn out.

Be grateful we have Castro... build around HIM and Rizzo....

vCash
    o and I forgot to mention.... HE'S 22 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!

I am sorry I am just dumb founded that people want to trade away one of our biggest assets on this team. Yeah sure if it gets us the return that we need but does trading Castro get us any closer to a WS? Maybe IF... IF.... IF!!!..... the prospects turn out.

Be grateful we have Castro... build around HIM and Rizzo....
    Justin Upton is a prospect?

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast