Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Occasionally, but the sig has worked wonders
    I can think of 10 more you need to add to that.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Just a hunch but I think he will be a free agent. I would love to have him as well as Carlos V and Anibal S.
    Anibal Sanchez would be an interesting pickup. Honestly, I would be happy with going after any combination of Sanchez, E. Jackson, Haren, Grienke, W. Davis

Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

vCash
    The Angels are paying $1 million, the value of Santana's buyout. The Royals are picking up $12 million.

So I repeat: LOL at Royals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydoc45 View Post
    Anibal Sanchez would be an interesting pickup. Honestly, I would be happy with going after any combination of Sanchez, E. Jackson, Haren, Grienke, W. Davis
    I would love Grienke but not sure if he fits in Chicago. He is a great pitcher and to pair him with Shark and Garza you are on your way. Could still maybe ink Haren then I think some of the Debbie Downers will be pacified for a little bit...some folks just like to ***** and moan it's the feminie side coming out.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    The Angels are paying $1 million, the value of Santana's buyout. The Royals are picking up $12 million.

Meh, I think it's not that bad, actually. He's been a decent pitcher, with, what seems like, alternating bad/good seasons. 3.4 wins, 1.1 wins, 5.8 wins, 1.0 wins, 2.2 wins, 2.9 wins, -.9 wins. His K% and BB% were near his career numbers, as where his LD% and GB/FB numbers. Only thing that spiked, really, was his HR/FB%.

If he posts a 2.5 win season, the Royals win. They gave up nothing. Worst case....they paid $12m on a one year option for a SP. Best case he gives them a number 3 SP who they have no commitment to past this season for a nothing talent and can either flip Santana at the deadline or he helps the Royals make waves.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Meh, I think it's not that bad, actually. He's been a decent pitcher, with, what seems like, alternating bad/good seasons. 3.4 wins, 1.1 wins, 5.8 wins, 1.0 wins, 2.2 wins, 2.9 wins, -.9 wins. His K% and BB% were near his career numbers, as where his LD% and GB/FB numbers. Only thing that spiked, really, was his HR/FB%.

If he posts a 2.5 win season, the Royals win. They gave up nothing. Worst case....they paid $12m on a one year option for a SP. Best case he gives them a number 3 SP who they have no commitment to past this season for a nothing talent and can either flip Santana at the deadline or he helps the Royals make waves.
    If they didn't give up anything worthy then It's a win win IMO. Santana could bounce back and be a solid number 2/3 at any rate 12 million to fill out at weak rotation without losing prospects is not a bad thing.

vCash
    Moore came out a few weeks ago and said they had 22-23 mill to spen on pitching this offseason. If thats true, they've now invested around 16 of that in Santana and Volstad. That can't be considered smart. If they wanted to spend on multi-year deals, backload a bit, they could likely have fit Sanchez and Jackson into that 23 mill. With their young offensive core, I think they were ready to try this instead of hoping for the best out of reclamations.

vCash
    I think the Cubs will end up with Josh Johnson for one of our MILFS. I switched the L & F for ***** and giggles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Moore came out a few weeks ago and said they had 22-23 mill to spen on pitching this offseason. If thats true, they've now invested around 16 of that in Santana and Volstad. That can't be considered smart. If they wanted to spend on multi-year deals, backload a bit, they could likely have fit Sanchez and Jackson into that 23 mill. With their young offensive core, I think they were ready to try this instead of hoping for the best out of reclamations.
    Maybe...but remember it's Kansas City No one wants to play there anyway. They will always have to overpay for talent or lack there of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

Yeah, I was gonna say, why on earth would the Angels pay more than the value of the buyout?

And I agree, I really dislike this trade for KC. They have the resources to go out and get some top end pitchers and they instead settle for Jonathan Sanchez and a $12 million dollar Ervin Santana, who may or may not bounce back to his previous form (which wasn't really that good in the first place). If they can't compete next year I think Dayton Moore needs to be fired.

I do our chances of landing Haren though. I mean....let's say the Cubs offer Josh Vitters - who's gonna top that?

vCash

Wink

True, they'd have to overpay. The numbers I've seen attached to Sanchez and Jackson are 5/75 and 3/39. To me, with a core of Perez, Hosmer, Escobar, Moustakas, Gordon, Cain, Butler, and Myers, they should be looking for more. The pitching is wretched. Duffy and Odorizzi are the only two SP they have I like at all. And neither of them are proven yet. I guess its plausible to think they're worried about paying some of their hitting later on and a Sanchez/Jackson could hinder that. Even then, pay up big now for 2 of Marcum, Dempster, Haren, Liriano, McCarthy group that even they'd likely be able to get any of, on a 3 year deal. At any rate, they do have a damn good system, maybe they're waiting to use some of that to trade for a TOR guy still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Occasionally, but the sig has worked wonders
    SO glad it worked hahaha who know just a silly comment could save us all from that misery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say, why on earth would the Angels pay more than the value of the buyout?

And I agree, I really dislike this trade for KC. They have the resources to go out and get some top end pitchers and they instead settle for Jonathan Sanchez and a $12 million dollar Ervin Santana, who may or may not bounce back to his previous form (which wasn't really that good in the first place). If they can't compete next year I think Dayton Moore needs to be fired.

I do our chances of landing Haren though. I mean....let's say the Cubs offer Josh Vitters - who's gonna top that?
    no
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    SO glad it worked hahaha who know just a silly comment could save us all from that misery
    Maybe I'll make the next one about a WS
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post

April Fools day is five months away bro.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast