Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, that's some really insightful analysis, but.....it's a $15 million option with a $3.5 million buyout. If they're declining the option anyway, they'd be stupid not to dump him on the highest bidder.

So again.......who would top that?

vCash
    That name makes me think of the Tacobell dog
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    SenorGato has been missing today... power out from #Sandy?

vCash
    thumbs up to Sandy

vCash
    **** it I'll say it you hate this teams direction cool simple solution, quit following them save us the ****ing eye sore and look for a team thats devised a plan you guys like and go ***** there.

vCash
    I don't think anyone would top that. My issue with it, is Haren is likely a stopgap guy we're trying to flip at the deadline. At least a decent chance he wouldn't bring Vitters back in return at that point. If he struggles obviously. I'm thinking more of Lake at the top end of what I'd give up or a Tayler Scott/Zeke DeVoss package. I still believe Vitters(as a top 300ish type prospect) can truly help in getting us a young arm.

vCash
    That's not in good taste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    That's not in good taste
    I hope that wasn't to me?! Because I enjoy SenorGato as a poster. My post was a legitimate serious question... doesn't he live in NY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    I hope that wasn't to me?! Because I enjoy SenorGato as a poster. My post was a legitimate serious question... doesn't he live in NY?
    It was to the one that said thumbs up to Sandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ST.maarten'stop View Post
    **** it I'll say it you hate this teams direction cool simple solution, quit following them save us the ****ing eye sore and look for a team thats devised a plan you guys like and go ***** there.
    I don't see why being critical of a team makes you any less of a fan. Having blind faith doesn't make you a better fan either. Its one thing if people are critical of everything. That hasn't been the case here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Nope, it's to me, but I really don't care if some guy on the internet thinks my comments are in bad taste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    thumbs up to Sandy

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    It's Jim Bowden, but he thinks Haren brings a much more significant return than Santana. Not groundbreaking, by any stretch, but still......With pitching at a premium, maybe I'm wrong, it COULD take a Vitters type to get him. If so, I think I'd pass. Tad too risky for me, as a guy we're looking to flip later on, in all likelihood.

vCash
    I'd consider Vitters for Haren but I'm not a very big fan of Vitters either.

vCash
    I'd rather move Vitters in a deal for something that has a chance at being a longterm piece for us. If the asking price is that or higher, I'd rather try to get Marcum here for 2 years(1 if possible), Villanueva on a 2 year deal, McCarthy(if healthy enough), or Liriano on a one year deal. Each of those guys could wind up having more value than Haren, if things work out. I only want one FA starter though. Well, I guess I want 2, Ryu Hyun Jin is my main target, but I look at him as a longterm guy for us, so I separate him from the stopgap types I mentioned earlier. Plus, I fully expect a trade brings us a 3rd SP as well.

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast