Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is DeRozen worth 10 million a year?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

18 33.33%
  • No, and Coangelo should be fired for giving it to him.

36 66.67%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Not huge on Demar either. Seems like a nice guy, works hard, and has athleticism but he just doesn't have the talent or IQ to be much more then what he has already shown. The contract is very similar to what Jose got and I imagine over the years it will be looked at in a similar view. At some times people will call it an albatross contract, at others they will call it about right (market value) but I doubt he will provide much more then what Ross could if given similar minutes.
    Completely agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    When has he ever been tough in negotiations Ink? Handing out contracts like these seems to be the norm for him.
    I really don't know the answer to that question.

I wonder if losing Joe Johnson years ago made him gun shy about being tough in negotiations. Because PHX could have found a way to hang on to him IIRC. Not sure that's the answer but that's the best I can do.

I am afraid that some of these deals are what I would call "vanity" contracts, where he is admiring his own work to the degree that he overpays based on his original wishful thinking about the player.

I just don't see how DD deserves this contract. Like bramaca I admire his hard work and the fact that he's a great guy, but we really need to be shrewd at this point and make SOLID improvements, not overpay for what isn't working for us now.

vCash
    I was hoping it would be closer to 8 per year but I can't say I'm surprised he got the contract he received

vCash
    Wow Taj Gibson only got 8-9 Mil, and he in my opinion is a better player.

vCash
    You complained when Calderon got a 8 mil/year contract from Colangelo but you are OK with a 10 mil/year contract for Demar?

Demar is not even close to Calderon in what he brings to the team.

How is that you like to pay Derozan and you didn't Calderon?

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    The NBA forum thinks Demar's deal is a joke.

vCash
    would there have been huge downside in letting the season run it's course for DD and let the market determine his value? I mean we could match any offer thrown out for him and I dont think a team would have gone max for him. It would have also given us another season to evaluate him. Sure we could have lost him for nothing, but only if a team offered more than this deal and I don't think that would have happened.

vCash
    I am worried that we overpaid. I still hope that some team out there thinks it is a great deal and we deal him in January.

vCash
    Not even going to read anybody's comments, in a couple years all the same people who voted no, will be on his dick. Why are raptor fans so ridiculous, I swear.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Not even going to read anybody's comments, in a couple years all the same people who voted no, will be on his dick. Why are raptor fans so ridiculous, I swear.
    its the same everywhere.

vCash
    I don't hate the deal.
    I don't love the deal.

It is pretty much what I expected. I imagine someone would have given him a similar deal in RFA. It's just what GM's do when they want a leg up on their competition. In RFA you need to compete with the most desperate club oiut of 30 to match his value. If DeRozan has a year where he shows significant improvements, he arguably would get more in RFA.

Here is hoping he takes a big step forward.

vCash
    Calderon, then Turkeyglue, then Amir, then Kleiza, then Fields, and now DeRozan.

BC doesnt deserve to get fired for this one extension, but his body of work shown above is truly terrible when it comes to signing players.

He's an idiot if he hasnt learned his lesson by this point.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't hate the deal.
    I don't love the deal.

It is pretty much what I expected. I imagine someone would have given him a similar deal in RFA. It's just what GM's do when they want a leg up on their competition. In RFA you need to compete with the most desperate club oiut of 30 to match his value. If DeRozan has a year where he shows significant improvements, he arguably would get more in RFA.

Here is hoping he takes a big step forward.
    Playing Calderon and Lowry for the most part of the second half basically tells you what kind of shooting guard we have in Derozan.
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 11-01-2012 at 08:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Calderon, then Turkeyglue, then Amir, then Kleiza, then Fields, and now DeRozan.

BC doesnt deserve to get fired for this one extension, but his body of work shown above is truly terrible when it comes to signing players.

He's an idiot if he hasnt learned his lesson by this point.
    well, he hasn't obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Playing Calderon and Lowry for the most part of the second half basically tells you what kind of shooting guard we have in Derozan.
    I don't see the correlation between what you bolded of my statement and your response to it.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast