Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is DeRozen worth 10 million a year?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

18 33.33%
  • No, and Coangelo should be fired for giving it to him.

36 66.67%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3neSoulja View Post
    I'm not gonna lie.. 10 mill a year for demar is actually better to me than 16 mill a year for harden am I right or wrong
    Demar+Landry =$16M

Yes I would rather pay that $16M to Harden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    He hasn't improved that much. He still has the exact same weaknesses he came into the league with. He has refined the few strengths that he has but he's still a role player at this point that does only one thing well.
    it must be an ok deal then because those words could also be applied to Bargnani. eerily similar and he got 10 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Another 10 mill a year to a guy who can't defend or rebound.

Terrific.

vCash
    I would have liked to see this contract:
    4 years, 7.5/8.5/9.5/10.5

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Bargs 9 points so far.

Making David West look like a fool out there!

vCash
    4yr/$40mill overpaid, yes, but he did have one of the most, if not, the most potential in that draft class because of how raw he was. However, seeing this is Toronto, we're always going to see contracts more than what they should be anywhere else, stupid stereotypes. Hopefully everything pans out and he really blossoms in the next couple years.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Is DeRozen worth 10 million?

I don't post in here often, but I am a Raptors fan, and for anybody who has remembered any of my posts you know that I am NOT a CoAngelo fan. This contract being given to DeRozen just infuriates me even more. DeRozen is a SHOOTING GUARD, and, as such, should be able to SHOOT. His FG% though has gone down every season (which is a bad trend) and he cannot shoot 3's at all. Yes, he can slash, and dunk, and he seems like a nice enough guy, but he's not a great defender, creates as many turnovers as he does assists and his rebounding is nothing to write home about. How this guy gets offered 10 million a season is beyond me. I know TO will have a hard time landing big name free agents regardless of their cap space situoation, but that does not mean that the team has to over pay for guys like Bargnani and DeRozen. Bargnani shot 43% from the field last season, and is making over 10 million a year. DeRozen shot 42% from the field. Who in this league thinks either of these guys is worth ten million a year? Who is Toronto bidding against that they think they have to pay out this much for average players? I personally think it would have been better to see DeRozen sign else where if paying this much is required to keep him, or at least look at trading him.

So am I just too pesismistic? Am I missing something here? Is DeRozen worth 10 million a year? Or should Coangelo be getting fired for putting out future cap space in a bad situation for players like DeRozen and Bargnani?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    4yr/$40mill overpaid, yes, but he did have one of the most, if not, the most potential in that draft class because of how raw he was. However, seeing this is Toronto, we're always going to see contracts more than what they should be anywhere else, stupid stereotypes. Hopefully everything pans out and he really blossoms in the next couple years.
    Agree with all this

vCash
    What about just a "no".

8 Million is about max.

vCash
    i don't mind either Bargnani or Derozan getting 10 million but i am concerned about paying them both 10 million. at some point i think one of them has to be moved or become a much more all round player.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    The Toronto Raptors and DeMar DeRozan have agreed upon a four-year, $42 million (with bonuses) contract extension.

DeRozan was the ninth overall pick of the 2009 NBA Draft.

DeRozan averaged 16.7 points on 42.2% shooting last season for the Raptors.

vCash
    if the team wins and he plays well no one will care what he makes, this does have me doubt the Ross pick though, hes gunna see hardly any minutes

vCash
    No, he's not worth $40 mil.

No, Colangelo shouldn't be fired.

vCash
    No, as a matter of fact, most players aren't worth their contracts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    if the team wins and he plays well no one will care what he makes, this does have me doubt the Ross pick though, hes gunna see hardly any minutes
    Well it's not like Ross is going to be better than Derozan anyways.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast