Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Forgotten One... LK

I know he's missed some time with a family emergency but with such a glaring hole in the starting lineup wouldn't he be much better suited starting the game than Fields? He can hit the 3, he bullies smaller guys and his post game is one of the only viable 1-on-1 scenarios we have on our whole roster.

I haven't fully given up on Fields yet, but we're in a position that, even if all the chips fall in the right spots, we're hopefully struggling for that 8th seed and every loss right now could be our season. We're not a top-6 team that can take some time to gel and still finish comfortably enough to make the post-season.

I also like what Anderson has been doing and I've heard a few people calling for him to start which I wouldn't mind giving a shot. But when he comes back, I'd like to give Kleiza another chance to earn that contract.

Thoughts?

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Are we sure it's a family emergency that's keeping LK out? I'm not convinced. It's thin, but I have a feeling he doesn't like his role... And the only thing a base this on is the interview I saw that one of the staff called LK a tough Lithuanian half of the time...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Are we sure it's a family emergency that's keeping LK out? I'm not convinced. It's thin, but I have a feeling he doesn't like his role... And the only thing a base this on is the interview I saw that one of the staff called LK a tough Lithuanian half of the time...
    That very well could be the case. But maybe if we give him some time starting (or at least playing some significant minutes) he'd get back some of that swagger he's had in the past. I like when he gets cocky and starts throwing his weight around. It sucks having to stroke the ego of a grown-man-millionaire, but why not? Fields just isn't cutting it yet and we need to shore up our weaknesses asap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    I think it's this too. I wouldn't lose sleep if we traded him, but I would prefer him over Fields any day of the week. At least Kleiza is a threat to do something on the floor.

I would rather see Anderson as the starting SF for now, and let Kleiza be 6th/7th man.

vCash
    I have this funny feeling that LK is holding out by using the ''family emergency'' excuse. We don't know what's up yet but this team could definitely use his scoring prowess.

vCash
    I agree with you guys, I don't know about the whole "family emergency" thing either but I'd be pretty p'd off if I played pretty decent and scored for a team that can't score then got benched for a player whose signing was strategic in the first place. I just think he'd offer us way more, as would Anderson. I've seen Allen's name floating around and I don't see why we wouldn't give Kleiza a shot at starting with Val and Lowry before we end up freaking out and cutting Fields a'la the Mavs/Odom scenario

vCash
    i like klieza.. he is a good shooter and a decent post up player and he is tough but it drives me crazy when he has those stretches where he gets tunnel visioned and outta control and forcing shots and turning the ball over.

that being said, it couldn't hurt to give him a try he can't be worse than fields has been. not ready to give up entirely on fields yet tho

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    I'm all for starting LK. Maybe having him in the starting lineup will give Val a little more confidence? I dunno at this point I think AA or LK is a better choice over Fields.

vCash
    Agree with everyone.... I have never been a fan of klezia but I'd take him or anyone at this point, just put someone that can make a layup

vCash
    No one forgot him.

vCash
    I was just starting to forget him.. Plz don't disturb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    I have this funny feeling that LK is holding out by using the ''family emergency'' excuse. We don't know what's up yet but this team could definitely use his scoring prowess.
    What do you mean by holding out? If he is not with team for a legitimate reason he should not get paid.

vCash
    I heard his wife was about to deliver a child and Linas Kleiza didnt wanna miss the birth. i heard the announcers said that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    What do you mean by holding out? If he is not with team for a legitimate reason he should not get paid.
    Lots of 'regular' workers get paid for missing work due to family emergencies.

vCash
    Yeah because every other time someone has a family emergency they always tell you what it is. Example wife having a baby. or death in the family. So who knows cause seems kinda long that he's been missing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast