Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is DeRozen worth 10 million a year?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

18 33.33%
  • No, and Coangelo should be fired for giving it to him.

36 66.67%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

DeRozan to sign 4 year $38 Million Dollar Deal

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Toronto and DeMar DeRozan have made progress today in talks on a 4-year extension, but no deal yet in place, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Eric Koreen @ekoreen 3 minutes ago
    Again: I think a deal between Raps and DeRozan is more likely than not. Would not have predicted that at start of camp.
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    Allow me to retract my DeRozan extension doubts. Based on some new intel, sounds like it's 75-25 or so to happen tonight after all
    deadline is midnight october 31st...
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 10-31-2012 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Let's see how much he gets paid. Get ready for the overpaid comments from everyone lol

vCash
    safe bet would be 4 years 40 mil...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    i could live with that. way more than he's worth at this moment but not slit your wrists damn that's crippling money
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    anything 50 mill and under would be great!
    Seriously thought T-dot can not afford to let him go, as much as people dislike or whatever you want to call it, there hasn't been somebody like him in a while embrace the city like he has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    Thats what Gallo got, and lets be honest Gallo is a MUCH more complete player and much more efficient scorer.

vCash
    Let him walk, he hasn't improved that much. This is as high as his ceiling gets.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i could live with that. way more than he's worth at this moment but not slit your wrists damn that's crippling money
    definitely. he is worth 8million at most imo but 10million for 4 years, im not going to cry over it

vCash
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    Raptors, DeRozan inching towards deal:

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Thats what Gallo got, and lets be honest Gallo is a MUCH more complete player and much more efficient scorer.
    You mean the guy who has put up 15 ppg on a 41.4 FG% each of the last 2 seasons? How is that 'much more efficient' then Derozan?....who put up 17 ppg shooting 46.7% from the field in 2010/11 and 42.4% last year.

Gallinari is a better 3pt shooter and rebounder then Derozan, but I wouldn't say he is a more efficient scorer.

vCash
    The Raptors have gotten a close look at the kid for a few years now. They know the kind of player he is, and probably have the best judgement on the kind of player that he will become over the next few years. I don't think he will get 10M/yr from the Raptors. They may back load it some to let him make 10Myr the last year or 2, but I think it will be more like 8M/yr. I predict a 5 yr deal worth around 40M.

Steph Curry has done way more then Derozan, and he only got 11M. 8M would more then double what he is due to make this season under his current rookie contract, and would make sense for me considering Derozan is yet to really prove himself to be an elite player yet.

vCash
    Looks like a deal will be done. Hopefully it's somewhere in the $30-40mil range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Let him walk, he hasn't improved that much. This is as high as his ceiling gets.
    You really can't be serious. I wouldn't be to upset if they didn't come up with a deal but this is not his ceiling not even close. I think you sign him to anything 10M and under of course no matter what, he would get that on the FA market and if he's not part of the future plans you ship him out via trade.
    I hope to god fans don't turn on J-Val like this.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    meh. good
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    You mean the guy who has put up 15 ppg on a 41.4 FG% each of the last 2 seasons? How is that 'much more efficient' then Derozan?....who put up 17 ppg shooting 46.7% from the field in 2010/11 and 42.4% last year.

Gallinari is a better 3pt shooter and rebounder then Derozan, but I wouldn't say he is a more efficient scorer.
    I don't like Gallo, but based on PER, he has a 16.65, while DeRozan is 12.88.
    PER doesn't mean everything, but I'm not in a rush to pay a guy $10 mil a year who has a below-league average rating, along with bad defense, when we just drafted Ross at the same position (who will likely be a more efficient offensive player with better defense).
    That said, I hope we sign DD, but not for more than 7-8M.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast