Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    vCash
    I get you but whats the point again? His ability to play off the ball and still be a dangerous threat from deep is what sets up his slashing game. He and Lin will be perfect for each other.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I get you but whats the point again? His ability to play off the ball and still be a dangerous threat from deep is what sets up his slashing game. He and Lin will be perfect for each other.
    i agree. im not talking about that sense, i was comparing ai's high volume shooting especially because he held the ball majority of the time, and his mid range off the dribble was average at best, so he was just chucking it the moment he beat his man, kinda like what jr smith loves doing.
    except ai was never that bad.

harden and lin are a good fit no doubt about that, thats why i dont see harden having to be a volume shooter, his game isnt like that.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Harden probably has the chance to surpass any Rocket all time with the exception of Hakeem.
    Moses will be tough as well as he played 6 seasons in Houston and won 2 MVP's.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Harden probably has the chance to surpass any Rocket all time with the exception of Hakeem.
    Do you think he could have a better season (individually) than Tmac's first? I have no doubt he will surpass Tmac's Rox career but Tmac was nasty his first year+playoffs, particularly once they realized Yao wasn't going to carry the offense after that slow start.

vCash
    Harden for MVP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    That's a REALLY tall order, but I suppose it depends on your definition of "surpass." I can't see him passing Hakeem or Moses, based on their individual and team success. But if he is the No. 1 guy on this team and they become contenders in the long run, he could certainly crack the top three.
    Do you think he could have a better season (individually) than Tmac's first? I have no doubt he will surpass Tmac's Rox career but Tmac was nasty his first year+playoffs, particularly once they realized Yao wasn't going to carry the offense after that slow start.
    As crazy as it sounds, I think it's possible. T-Mac put up 26/6/6 that season, but was not particularly efficient (and never was aside from that one freakish Orlando year). I think that if Harden continues to get the minutes and the shot attempts, a 25/5/5 isn't out of the question, but his scoring efficiency absolutely crushes McGrady's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Harden for MVP!!!
    agreed, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    agreed, lol
    You sense my sarcasm right?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As crazy as it sounds, I think it's possible. T-Mac put up 26/6/6 that season, but was not particularly efficient
    In the projections thread I had him pegged at 28-6-5 (25PER) and felt I was being overly optimistic. I know its just 1 game but that was one helluva debut, it has me thinking I might've been too low on him.

(and never was aside from that one freakish Orlando year).
    Simmer down now, thats not true at all.

I think that if Harden continues to get the minutes and the shot attempts, a 25/5/5 isn't out of the question, but his scoring efficiency absolutely crushes McGrady's.
    Its crazy to think he could be that good and that Morey nabbed him so cheaply. I wasn't expecting a superstar, I just hoped his defense improved and that he could cut down on the foul/turnover rates with somewhat of an increased load. Most importantly, that he sustains or elevates his game in the post season ala just about every Rox great.

vCash
    In the projections thread I had him pegged at 28-6-5 (25PER) and felt I was being overly optimistic. I know its just 1 game but that was one helluva debut, it has me thinking I might've been too low on him.
    It's probably a tad optimistic, but after last night, I'm not ruling anything out. I've seen his numbers last season without Westbrook and without Durant on the floor and they're absolutely disgusting.

Simmer down now, thats not true at all.
    Oh, I'm not trying to knock T-Mac. I think he's arguably one of the 50-75 greatest players in the history of the league. I'm just saying that he was most definitely a high volume, low efficiency scorer and aside from that one season in Orlando, he never posted a TS% higher than .532 in a single season.

Its crazy to think he could be that good and that Morey nabbed him so cheaply. I wasn't expecting a superstar, I just hoped his defense improved and that he could cut down on the foul/turnover rates with somewhat of an increased load. Most importantly, that he sustains or elevates his game in the post season ala just about every Rox great.
    I actually don't think he's a bad defender and never have. I think he catches a bad rap because he was asked to guard players oftentimes that he was incapable of guarding, like in the Finals when Brooks put him on Lebron for some strange reason. I do think he could be more consistent on that end, but I still think he's solid and should be fine on a defense with Parsons and Asik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Oh, I'm not trying to knock T-Mac. I think he's arguably one of the 50-75 greatest players in the history of the league. I'm just saying that he was most definitely a high volume, low efficiency scorer and aside from that one season in Orlando, he never posted a TS% higher than .532 in a single season.
    Scorer? I thought you meant offensive player in general. I can see scoring but Im not sold with this argument.

I actually don't think he's a bad defender and never have. I think he catches a bad rap because he was asked to guard players oftentimes that he was incapable of guarding, like in the Finals when Brooks put him on Lebron for some strange reason. I do think he could be more consistent on that end, but I still think he's solid and should be fine on a defense with Parsons and Asik.
    Well thats what limits his defensive value, the fact that hes not versatile/overwhelming athletically. And what do you mean never have? His poor defense is what kept him off the court in his early days. If you mean since last year then its been underrated but nothing to brag about. Just about every scouting report and statistical breakdown Ive seen of him pegs him as nothing better than average with some labeling him below average.

vCash
    Yeah, he's way better than T-mac. Tmac is a such a bum. He never got anything done as a rocket, and when he was done, he went the coward's way and went to Detroit to team up with Ben Wallace who "got it done as the man already".

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Harden deserved every single penny of it, OKC should have paid him and win now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Yes... but like I said before large sample sizes (don't even have to be that large) can mask inconsistency.

Consistency is a part of efficiency.

It's why guys like Prime Shaq / Kareem were much better scorers then say Prime Kobe who had a similar overall PPG/TS%.

They gave you elite production + efficiency almost every single night while Kobe would flash and burn certain opponents and struggle against others.

Harden is the same way.
    Throw efficiency stats out the window if you're talking about a Kobe type player. That dude gets the job done ... more so in his prime, but that's notwithstanding of the fact that he's a guy you want on your team, as is Harden.

All I can say is I couldn't be happier that I selected him with my first pick in both of my fantasy leagues. His performance last night will not be an isolated one.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819