Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabmeone2 View Post
    They just need to blow up this team already. It's clear this will never work. One regular season game is more than enough to bring me to this solid conclusion.
    This is exactly why I said I'm not reacting to the results of the game.

We've had MWP on our team for a few years, we know how he plays. We know what he can and can't do. He's not going to change.

vCash
    i believe that metta has improved but i hate the fact that referees hate him bc everytime he drives *whistle* "offense foul!" im mean c'mon if that was LBJ no one would say anything but OH NO bc its metta world peace its a foul. i just dont agree w/ this crap! ugh! metta gets treated like $#!+ just because he has a bad past!

vCash
    artest will be showcased if and when mike brown wakes up and decides to play him with the 2nd unit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Everyone, aside from Pau and kinda Kobe, looks incredibly uncomfortable out there. Nash looks completely lost...

MWP played very well at the end of last year and looked great at the beginning of this years pre season. I think he will be alright for us.

But right now, we need to figure out this offense. Last night was painful to watch at times. The spacing is all out of whack, each persons responsibilities are unknown and there does not seem to be any continuity at all.

IMO, artest is the least of our worries right now. We have a much bigger issue and that is the offense (and defense) look lost.
    I highlighted coaching issues. This cannot be fixed if brown doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.
    "Tittays & Tank"

vCash
    I'm wondering what new offense we will run next year? Jeez. Can we freakin' get back to Laker Basketball and run a traditional offense, and just play. We have one of the top two or three most talented teams out there, and Brownie and his band of coaches has them completely lost. Damn...make it like a pick-up game and we win most nights! Go back to Laker Roots....or change the offense again next year, and the year after that.

vCash
    Anyone notice how good Nash and even MWP looked at the very beginning of preseason?

Basically, the more time Brown has with a guy, the worse he gets.

It's almost a unique talent to be that bad of a coach.

vCash
    We are atrocious defensively, forget about offense everyone we're scoring enough in spite of Brown that we should still be winning.

We seriously can't be counted on to get a stop at any moment of a game. We're making every player out there look like an all-star on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    artest will be showcased if and when mike brown wakes up and decides to play him with the 2nd unit
    Didn't that experiment fail miserably last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    this.
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Didn't that experiment fail miserably last season?
    It actually went pretty well when Artest played the 4 spot. At least much better than him playing SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Anyone notice how good Nash and even MWP looked at the very beginning of preseason?

Basically, the more time Brown has with a guy, the worse he gets.

It's almost a unique talent to be that bad of a coach.
    I'm not throwing in the towel on Brown yet, but your advocacy and Brown's incompetent results on defense have definitely moved me closer to going over the edge, and if that happens I'm never going back.

At which point this will become one of my favorite memes, even if I don't actually believe it.

vCash
    Again I think it's a mistake to think of "starters" and "bench players".

Metta has one role on the team, and that's to defend against the best players on the other team. He's crazy strong for his size, and seems a bit quicker than last year, so he gives us good flexiblity in that regard.

I'd honestly prefer to see him matching up against players who are bigger and/or slower than he is. If the other team doesn't start a player that gives us an advantage with MWP, I've got no problem starting somebody else on a game-by-game basis -- particularly if MWP can't get the flow of the offense and cut down on his turnovers.

He's an asset, but a unique one, and needs to be used in that way. And I'm not sure that's the case right now. As to constantly bringing him off the bench, I don't know who you'd replace him with that would be better.

Jamison? No defense at all, and hasn't showed anything so far.

Hill? Interesting idea -- good front line in terms of height and length and rebounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Again I think it's a mistake to think of "starters" and "bench players".

Metta has one role on the team, and that's to defend against the best players on the other team. He's crazy strong for his size, and seems a bit quicker than last year, so he gives us good flexiblity in that regard.

I'd honestly prefer to see him matching up against players who are bigger and/or slower than he is. If the other team doesn't start a player that gives us an advantage with MWP, I've got no problem starting somebody else on a game-by-game basis -- particularly if MWP can't get the flow of the offense and cut down on his turnovers.

He's an asset, but a unique one, and needs to be used in that way. And I'm not sure that's the case right now. As to constantly bringing him off the bench, I don't know who you'd replace him with that would be better.

Jamison? No defense at all, and hasn't showed anything so far.

Hill? Interesting idea -- good front line in terms of height and length and rebounding.
    I'm not referring to who "starts" and who doesn't. I'm talking about who he mainly plays with. I agree with you in that he needs to play someone bigger and/or slower than him. Artest at the 3 (when he's not up against someone like Pierce or Duant) is a disaster. However, playing mostly with Pau and Howard, he'll see himself behind the 3 point line more often than not. The bench lineup is a little more fluid, with guys like Jamison being able to play inside or outside depending on the match up. And we all know that Pau has been in love with the midrange game since God knows when.

Call me crazy, but I'd actually look into the idea of starting Ebanks. His weaknesses will be covered up by the fact that he's playing with the starters, and his athleticism will allow the starting 5 to play with a little more flow in their game.

vCash
    I'm not referring to who "starts" and who doesn't. I'm talking about who he mainly plays with. I agree with you in that he needs to play someone bigger and/or slower than him. Artest at the 3 (when he's not up against someone like Pierce or Duant) is a disaster. However, playing mostly with Pau and Howard, he'll see himself behind the 3 point line more often than not. The bench lineup is a little more fluid, with guys like Jamison being able to play inside or outside depending on the match up. And we all know that Pau has been in love with the midrange game since God knows when.

Call me crazy, but I'd actually look into the idea of starting Ebanks. His weaknesses will be covered up by the fact that he's playing with the starters, and his athleticism will allow the starting 5 to play with a little more flow in their game.
    Agree with you about Metta.

Regarding your idea for Ebanks, after yesterday's game I just want to say that this is the bravest thing I've ever seen anyone write in this forum.

vCash

I second this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast