Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I just want your opinion...

Hey guys, I've been following this forum for maybe 5 years, I've had an account but I never post.

I just wanted to throw something out there for the sake of your opinions as my fellow Laker fans.

That confused, constipated look on Mike Brown's face during tonight's game, and watching Steve Nash play like he doesnt even belong in the NBA (cuz of how lost and uncomfortable he looks) just made me cringe. I mean there were times where the starting 5 actually looked worse than in the preseason. There was absolutely no spacing, no recognition of where people are supposed to be. It honestly looked like our players were given different playbooks before the game and were then told to play together. It just looked awful. I'm just glad that Kobe didn't go into hero mode and try and rescue us by going 1 on 3 in the 4th, and actually tried to play within the team. The only success if any that we had tonight was running the break, running some pick and roll sets with Pau rolling high and Dwight diving deep.

So I have a question and want your opinion on it. Im sure most of u would agree with me tht firing Mike Browns lame *** is in our best interest but,

would you welcome Jerry Sloan as our new Head Coach?

He's got the credentials, a hard nosed, no bulls**t, old school defensive coach, WHO IS A MASTER IN RUNNING THE PICK AND ROLL. We god dammit have to use our players to get the best outta them...Nash and Kobe running pick and rolls with Pau and Dwight is what we need more of..why the hell are we running a half court offense...it just slows the game down and kills the easy scoring opportunities we would have if we were running multiple pick and rolls per possession.

I think Jerry Sloan is the perfect coach for this team, he's a winner, he's demanding, and he definitely knows how to use an amazing big and small combination to the best of their abilities.

what do u think? Jerry Sloan? Yes? No?

I got really pissed watching that game tonight...so frustrating. I felt like I needed to throw this out there.

If the mods think it isnt necessary or can be merged elsewhere please do so. Ill try and be more careful the next time I start a thread.

Thanks.

vCash
    Yes to Sloan. Hell, I'd take either of the Van Gundy Brothers. Bring in Larry Brown. Do whatever, just fire both Mike Clown and Eddie Jordan.

vCash
    The Lakers FO needs to act quick. Clown needs to be out by Christmas.

vCash
    Should an entire roster adapt to a coach and his system(s), or should 1 man adapt his system to his entire roster of players to take full advantage of their talent so that a brilliant once in a generation center and PG aren't running around out there looking lost and being totally wasted?

Mike Brown is not smart enough to answer this question.

vCash
    You can't replace MB with just anyone. You have to replace him with someone who had previous success in the league and a coach with a good reputation in the league. The next head coach has to be someone who the players will respect and listen to.

Nate McMillan would be a good choice. I know Kobe really likes and respects Nate McMillan.

vCash
    What people aren't talking about is Mike Brown is 0-9 so far this season. which means that he has about 10 to 15 games left to make us believers or else the natives are really going to get restless... if they aren't already

vCash
    This roster should win games no matter what the system is to be honest. But i have to completly agree with Shaq, Kenny, and Barkley. The Princeton offense is horrible! Its never won a championship and never will. YOur taking the best qualities from ou best players and throwing them away. Nash 7 pts and 4 assists!!!! R U Serious!? That tells you right there we have a big problem. I have faith that with time we will get better because the chemitry will get better and the health of HOward will get better but we will not beat the elite teams using that offense. LAkers are now 0-9 this year. Have not won a SINGLE game this year lmao.

This team had half the talent last year and was a couple 4th quarter melt downs away from going to the confrence finals. That tells you that this new offense has got to go YESTERDAY. Sad thing is it will take a 0-5 start for them to start figuring that out.

vCash
    Yes.

And about that Brown face, I know exactly what you're talking about! That face pisses me off so badly. I cannot stand this guy. If the Busses don't realize that he needs to go, then idk what to say.

vCash
    I wouldn't replace Mike Brown right now with anyone. He gets a chance to prove he's right or wrong. If the wheels are still coming off at the end of December, he's probably toast and should be.

Would I consider replacing him at that point with Jerry Sloan? Sure. Jerry's a good coach, and has earned the right to be part of that conversation. I'm not sure he's the right coach, but we could have that discussion at that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Yes to Sloan. Hell, I'd take either of the Van Gundy Brothers. Bring in Larry Brown. Do whatever, just fire both Mike Clown and Eddie Jordan.
    haha we cant bring in the van gundy's lol, dwight would literally fly away like superman then...or murder someone...or commit suicide.

can u imagine...lakers hire stan van gundy the day after dwight resigns lmfao id die laughing.

JERRY SLOAN

vCash
    something tells me that the offense we had last year
    with Ettore Messina and Quin Snyder was much better TBH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I wouldn't replace Mike Brown right now with anyone. He gets a chance to prove he's right or wrong. If the wheels are still coming off at the end of December, he's probably toast and should be.

Would I consider replacing him at that point with Jerry Sloan? Sure. Jerry's a good coach, and has earned the right to be part of that conversation. I'm not sure he's the right coach, but we could have that discussion at that time.
    Waiting till December would be a mistake.....This team has looked terrible all preseason, and worst tonight. They lost to a team tonight that amounts to slightly better than a D-League team....

Nash is being mis-used. Right now, gulp.....! .....I'd welcome Mike 'Antoni (D left out intentionally....) over Brown.

Wiggins | Embiid | Smart
    2014 Lottery

vCash
    I'm all for waiting for the team to improve and build chemistry, but this is ridiculous. Seriously, losing at home at basically full strength, to a team that is missing its starting PF (its best player) and C.... by double digits for most of the 4th quarter.

I realize Mike Brown still has time to make some adjustments, but the problem is I already know what those adjustments are going to be. Play Kobe more minutes. Play Howard more minutes. Play Nash more minutes. Play Pau more minutes.

That's all he knows how to do. Roll the ball out, motivate them to exert energy on defense (not the same as coaching defense, which Jackson did much better), and then play your best players as many minutes as possible.

Fire him ASAP.

vCash
    I'm still saying it's down to either

1. Jerry Sloan or 2. Mike D'Antoni.

Jerry Sloan right now is 70 years old. the dude is going to get a heart attack
    the way he's so passionate about winning and making the right plays.
    He'll get on you. Sloan definitely can get the respect of all his players.

Mike D'Antoni isn't 70 years old. the dude got screwed in new york just this last
    year because he didn't have a point guard until he found Jeremy Lin which was
    really late. But still he gave J-Lin a chance and for that he deserves alot of credit.

forget DEFENSE..
    we supposedly have the DEFENSIVE GURU IN MIKE BROWN. umm....whatever that means...

vCash
    So mad didn't get to see the game cuz I cut the top of my finger on a can needed 8 stitches
    WHO DAT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast