Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Whore
    End
    Duss
    Didn't you draft him in fantasy baseball?

vCash
    If Mo can hit 90 regularly next year, he will be fine. If he is 87-88, he will get it up IMO.

The cutter just isn't the same at those speeds. Much easier to cheat on it and square it up. I'd love for him to pitch until he is 50 if he has the velocity. Mo is a freak. And he hurt his knee and will be fully recovered. We all know he will be the most diligent person whe. It comes to therapy and getting back into shape. He needs and deserve one more good year as a swan song. Then I think he will ride off to Panama. No one will ever surpass his records and will always be known as the best closer in history.

As fans, we will always hold every single closer after Mo to impossible standards. Even sourpuss was scrutnized far more than if he was on every othe team. He had a team MVP type year last year and we aren't even sad one but that he won't be back. We will miss him for sure.

vCash
    if he wants to come here and set up for Mo for a yr and the contract isn't bad then i'm all for it. Mo is the greatest no question but we have absolutely no idea what he's going to look like next yr. Robertson had a very difficult time closing last yr and Joba doesn't thrill me either as a back up option.

Soria was very good at closing games for quite a few yrs before he got hurt and with a yr learning from MO he could learn alot. Its worth a shot IMO if the contract is right

vCash
    Soria said that he want's a multi-year deal and if he doesn't get one most likely will go back to KC for a 1 year deal to reestablish himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    sorry but that is not accurate. They were in talks to acquire him but the Royals wanted Montero but the Yankees refused the deal. Soria never rejected a deal
    Source??????
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    If Mo can hit 90 regularly next year, he will be fine. If he is 87-88, he will get it up IMO.

The cutter just isn't the same at those speeds. Much easier to cheat on it and square it up. I'd love for him to pitch until he is 50 if he has the velocity. Mo is a freak. And he hurt his knee and will be fully recovered. We all know he will be the most diligent person whe. It comes to therapy and getting back into shape. He needs and deserve one more good year as a swan song. Then I think he will ride off to Panama. No one will ever surpass his records and will always be known as the best closer in history.

As fans, we will always hold every single closer after Mo to impossible standards. Even sourpuss was scrutnized far more than if he was on every othe team. He had a team MVP type year last year and we aren't even sad one but that he won't be back. We will miss him for sure.

Mo will be in the 90-92 range....at his age the only worry is command...the same issue hit Eckeresly pretty hard after he was in his 40s as a closer...this is a guy who walked just 4-7 batters a season as the A's closer but in his 40s his command was an issue and he was soon below average....that is what you will see when Mo loses it, but I doubt he ever gets that far as he will try to go out on top....
    Nick(mush)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123