Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Displaced NY'er
    Posts
    547
    vCash
    1500

    Joakim Soria a FA

    OK so Soriano is gone (most likely) because he wants to be a closer without Mariano possibly returning and he is going to want a boatload of cash which isn't going to happen with the Hank and Hal rules.
    Joakim is coming off of Tommy John and in the ideal situation would step up in 2014 if Mariano returns.
    The Guy saved 160 games in 5 years.
    Thought? Questions? Concerns? etc...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    vCash
    1500
    prior to having TJ he was awful. no promises that he regains what he lost before the TJ injury.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

    My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Displaced NY'er
    Posts
    547
    vCash
    1500
    He could probably be had for cheap, say 2 yr at 5 or 6 million. Seems like it could be a low risk high reward type of acquisition.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    prior to having TJ he was awful. no promises that he regains what he lost before the TJ injury.
    worth a gamble if he can be had for a reasonable price
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,581
    vCash
    1500
    Whore
    End
    Duss
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,215
    vCash
    1500
    From what I've heard is that the Royals want to keep him, just at a lower cost.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,359
    vCash
    1500
    depending on the cost he'd definately be worth a shot, he was very very good for a number of season. I really don't want to go into next season with Drob and Joba being the only back up closers to Mo if he does come back

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Whore
    End
    Duss
    Whore
    End
    Duss
    -----
    Sou
    R
    Puss
    ------

    Make this happen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,970
    vCash
    1500
    I find it hilarious that so many despise our players who are considered good, but pine over the Yanks getting another teams refuse.

    Soria like many closes, has already hit his peak and disappeared. Very few stay top closers through their entire careers like Mo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,581
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I find it hilarious that so many despise our players who are considered good, but pine over the Yanks getting another teams refuse.

    Soria like many closes, has already hit his peak and disappeared. Very few stay top closers through their entire careers like Mo.
    Actually only one.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    464
    vCash
    1500
    Minor league contract, sure why not

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    7,004
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Greenman View Post
    OK so Soriano is gone (most likely) because he wants to be a closer without Mariano possibly returning and he is going to want a boatload of cash which isn't going to happen with the Hank and Hal rules.
    Joakim is coming off of Tommy John and in the ideal situation would step up in 2014 if Mariano returns.
    The Guy saved 160 games in 5 years.
    Thought? Questions? Concerns? etc...

    Give him a Jim Lieber contract....
    Nick

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    1500
    Yanks tried trading for him a few years ago and he used his NTC to avoid it. He doesn't want to play in a big city.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue56857 View Post
    Yanks tried trading for him a few years ago and he used his NTC to avoid it. He doesn't want to play in a big city.
    Since when does Soria have a NTC?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,532
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue56857 View Post
    Yanks tried trading for him a few years ago and he used his NTC to avoid it. He doesn't want to play in a big city.
    sorry but that is not accurate. They were in talks to acquire him but the Royals wanted Montero but the Yankees refused the deal. Soria never rejected a deal


    Yankees Offseason Wishlist

    1. Trade 2 of Mccann,Beltran,Texeria,CC,Tanaka
    2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller
    4. Sign 1 of Fernandez or Shields

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •