Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Yankees hire new minor league pitching coordinator

The Yanks have demoted MILB pitching coordinator Nardi Contreras snd have hired Gil Patterson. The Yanks have also fired Billy Conors who was heavily involved in our MILB system.
    Pattersom has been the A's MILB pitching cordinator since 08 and widely considered one of the very best at developing young pitchers.

This is a huge win for us IMO, under Contreras and Patterson have failed to develop an of our elite pitching prospects into elite pitchers at the MLB level. Patterson has done a remarkable jon in Oakland developing young pitchers, most of their rotation this yr is a prime example. IMO getting ride of Contreras is long over due but to get Patterson is a huge bonus.

U'm now very excited to see what Patterson is able to due with all our young pitching talent. Now maybe some of our top pitching prospects will actually turnout and live up to their talent and not end up as flame outs or walking injuries waiting to happen.

This is a huge move for us that should pay huge dividends for us in the yrs to come. Now if they could go poach a bunch of top scouts and coaches from other teams i would be thrilled
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/yan...dinator-78531/

vCash
    about damn time... too bad they can't hire matt foley for a motivational speaker as well...

vCash
    i called for this 2 years ago, people say nardi is a genius yet he tinkers too much on our pitchers.

Next should be damon oppenheimer, he needs to go

vCash
    Not sure how much this will help, unless Patterson can keep them healthy. Either way, I guess, change was needed there.

vCash
    We didnt need to develop young talent under George.
    But now that Hal is in charge and we need to cut Payroll we should focus on improving our minor league system as much as possible. Instead of handing out 100M contracts we should be hiring people that have a track record of running a good minor league system. We should over pay for the best scouts, minor league coaches, improve our facilities. We get penalized for over spending on our major league roster, but we dont get penalized by over spending on our minor league system.

Our system has been bad if you really thing about it. We over pay in the draft every year, sign so many international players, but what happens to them??
    We just throw these prospects into the system and cross our fingers that maybe a couple of them will workout. Look at the way we handled Hughes, Joba, and Kennedy. We thought Austin Jackson was going to be Brett Gardner with more strikeouts, Detroit did a good job with him. The Killer B's turned into the killed B's.

vCash
    I agree that signing Gil Patterson is a great move. He can help determine, develop and even rehabilitate the best pitchers in the Yankees minor league system.

vCash
    i think its great, The A's have developed a lot of young quality pitchers under his watch hopefully that trasnlates here, Its not dependant on him as if it will magically improve but i agree they need to redo their whole minors and draft people thats why oppenheimer needs to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i think its great, The A's have developed a lot of young quality pitchers under his watch hopefully that trasnlates here, Its not dependant on him as if it will magically improve but i agree they need to redo their whole minors and draft people thats why oppenheimer needs to go
    We could use that because if the way our young guns have been handled lately.

vCash
    I also think Larry Rothschild gets very little credit for what he has done so far as pitching coach.....since Larry came aboard the pitching has been much better...
    Nick

vCash
    Connors fired?? That's unreal. About time. He was a huge George *** sniffer. Good riddance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I also think Larry Rothschild gets very little credit for what he has done so far as pitching coach.....since Larry came aboard the pitching has been much better...
    +1

He needs a very loose leash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i called for this 2 years ago, people say nardi is a genius yet he tinkers too much on our pitchers.

Next should be damon oppenheimer, he needs to go
    im still scratching my head over the Cito Culver pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    im still scratching my head over the Cito Culver pick
    That was an over reach
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan