Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dodgers #1 target James shield

I just realized I sounded like DBrink - hang on to our prospects... Let them develop. :FACEPALM:

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Shields would be the #2 pitcher we need. BTW 31 is still young, especially for a pitcher.

vCash
    Before his last 2 breakout years, his career era is 4.25, ugh not sure he's worth the house

vCash
    i believe anibal sanchez is a free agent iirc

he'll be 29 when the season starts what does everyone think of him?

i like him & lohse. i like kuroda too but i'd like someone that can pitch for more than 1 or 2 yrs

obviously i like greinke too but the angels just saved 13 million dealing santana to the royals and are working on getting rid of haren as well.

that will prob let them retain greinke if he wished to remain there. but sanchez & lohse are good backup options

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    I'd love Loshe for 2 years, I'd be all over that, anything more than that and I'm out

vCash
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    ugh, Loshe is a Borazz client, expect to overpay there AND give up a draft pick.

I think he's overrated, one real good season.

Give me Sanchez, Haren (if no option picked up)

Or maybe even go for Dempster, always healthy and at his age will take a short 2-3 year deal so we can make sure to develop our young guys.

anyone interested in bringing Russ back?
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Ethier/pitching prospect for Shileds
    bahahah

Shields will probably cost you guys Lee if you really want him.

Rays are not in a position where they have to unload him, especially considering they expect to compete in 2013 in the AL East and he is their 'second ace' as they call him.

They have little reason to actually trade him, and I personally don't think he gets moved (more than likely next off-season if at all). He will cost you someone like Lee if you really want him. Not saying you can't get a pitcher of Shields caliber elsewhere, but you won't be getting him from the Rays without giving up someone like Lee.

I personally think you guys are planning to keep Lee no matter what at this point, and that's probably a good idea.

vCash

Dodgers #1 target James shield

That list looks decent. I can see us going after Loshe for a 3-4 year deal. I think Kuroda is going to be hard to pry away from the Yankees though. I'll say it again, we should go after Haren now! Trade for him and pick up his option or via free agency, either way. Far better choices than Shields.

Kershaw
    Loshe
    Haren
    Bills
    Beckett

Trade cap and Harang... Lilly is still a ?

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Trade or sign Shields, Greinke, Kuroda, Haren....Lohse... They are all good pitchers and would help any team.
    But let's be serious, at best, we are going to sign 1, O.N.E pitcher. With Kershaw, Beckett, Capuano, harang being healthy and under contract. Billingsey recent news being optimistic. Lilly, a question mark, any addition will give us 7 SPs. But I agree, we need one improvement/insurrance. But 2 ore more is totally stupid
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    This was more to my point - lets not give up what prospects we have left for a 31 year that may or may not be great when he gets here.

For shields ...it's a toss up (to me)...
    For King Felix...I'd give up Dee, Lee, Fed ex and some $$$...
    Yea, too many question marks with Shields. I was thinking Felix when i heard about us dangling Ethier. Ethier would be a good fit in Seatle - hes in his prime and would provide them with some veteran leadership and we can get what we need in return.

For felix - Ethier and money/gordon/lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue french View Post
    Trade or sign Shields, Greinke, Kuroda, Haren....Lohse... They are all good pitchers and would help any team.
    But let's be serious, at best, we are going to sign 1, O.N.E pitcher. With Kershaw, Beckett, Capuano, harang being healthy and under contract. Billingsey recent news being optimistic. Lilly, a question mark, any addition will give us 7 SPs. But I agree, we need one improvement/insurrance. But 2 ore more is totally stupid
    Cap and Harang are not great pitchers, at all. Yes, both are under contract but that does not mean we can't trade them if we are able to get betttter replacements. Remember, the only reason we got those two is because they were a cheaper alternative to signing Kuroda - not because they were better. So we absolutely should trade one or both if can. Cap clearly overachieved in the first half of the season and Harang is a .500 pitcher at best. They are #4,5 pitchers..

Bills and Lilly are question marks a we will not know until the season starts ad even then we are unsure of how stable Bills' arm will hold up.

That said, it is NOT stupid to consider going after 2 pitchers of great quality (Grienke, Haren, Loshe, etc)

As of today our staff is :

Kershaw
    Beckett
    Cap
    Harang

Maybe - bills and Lilly.

We NEED to plan for the worst case scenario. Not stupid - very smart !!!

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue french View Post
    Cap and Harang are not great pitchers, at all. Yes, both are under contract but that does not mean we can't trade them if we are able to get betttter replacements. Remember, the only reason we got those two is because they were a cheaper alternative to signing Kuroda - not because they were better. So we absolutely should trade one or both if can. Cap clearly overachieved in the first half of the season and Harang is a .500 pitcher at best. They are #4,5 pitchers..

Bills and Lilly are question marks a we will not know until the season starts ad even then we are unsure of how stable Bills' arm will hold up.

That said, it is NOT stupid to consider going after 2 pitchers of great quality (Grienke, Haren, Loshe, etc)

As of today our staff is :

Kershaw
    Beckett
    Cap
    Harang

Maybe - bills and Lilly.

We NEED to plan for the worst case scenario. Not stupid - very smart !!!
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    ugh, Loshe is a Borazz client, expect to overpay there AND give up a draft pick.

I think he's overrated, one real good season.

Give me Sanchez, Haren (if no option picked up)

Or maybe even go for Dempster, always healthy and at his age will take a short 2-3 year deal so we can make sure to develop our young guys.

anyone interested in bringing Russ back?
    Russell Martin sucks and now he's got that yankee stink on him, no thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    bahahah

Shields will probably cost you guys Lee if you really want him.

Rays are not in a position where they have to unload him, especially considering they expect to compete in 2013 in the AL East and he is their 'second ace' as they call him.

They have little reason to actually trade him, and I personally don't think he gets moved (more than likely next off-season if at all). He will cost you someone like Lee if you really want him. Not saying you can't get a pitcher of Shields caliber elsewhere, but you won't be getting him from the Rays without giving up someone like Lee.

I personally think you guys are planning to keep Lee no matter what at this point, and that's probably a good idea.
    As a Cards fan, how do you like Loshe?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast