Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Dodgers #1 target James shield

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/mlb-rumors/20763017/report-dodgers-focusing-on-rays-pitcher-james-shields

vCash
    must be through trade since they just picked up his option

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Ethier/pitching prospect for Shileds

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Rather impressive, 6 seasons with 31 starts min and 200 + IP. The last 2 being his best...But hey, it's not Justin Verlander, we should not be too excited, he had a 5.18 era 2 or 3 years ago. If the Rays are dumping salary: ok, if they ask for the king's ransom, they can keep him.
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Ethier/pitching prospect for Shileds
    bahahah

Shields will probably cost you guys Lee if you really want him.

Rays are not in a position where they have to unload him, especially considering they expect to compete in 2013 in the AL East and he is their 'second ace' as they call him.

They have little reason to actually trade him, and I personally don't think he gets moved (more than likely next off-season if at all). He will cost you someone like Lee if you really want him. Not saying you can't get a pitcher of Shields caliber elsewhere, but you won't be getting him from the Rays without giving up someone like Lee.

I personally think you guys are planning to keep Lee no matter what at this point, and that's probably a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    bahahah

Shields will probably cost you guys Lee if you really want him.

Rays are not in a position where they have to unload him, especially considering they expect to compete in 2013 in the AL East and he is their 'second ace' as they call him.

They have little reason to actually trade him, and I personally don't think he gets moved (more than likely next off-season if at all). He will cost you someone like Lee if you really want him. Not saying you can't get a pitcher of Shields caliber elsewhere, but you won't be getting him from the Rays without giving up someone like Lee.

I personally think you guys are planning to keep Lee no matter what at this point, and that's probably a good idea.
    As a Cards fan, how do you like Loshe?
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    As a Cards fan, how do you like Loshe?
    I hated the extension he got (4/41) so much that I sort of hated him because of it.

Reality is that he is a dependable starter who pitches well, keeps the ball in the park and doesn't walk guys too often.

He is a veteran middle rotation starter. He is dependable, and his career has significantly changed for the better after his rare forearm surgery (if you don't know about that surgery and injury, you should look it up, and see his numbers since then).

I think he is going to command something like 4/60-3/45 on the open market. If you wanted him, I'd bet that's what it would take.

The 3 year deal probably wouldn't be very bad to you guys, and he would anchor the back of your rotation with a healthy, dependable starter that would pitch 200 innings each season and be above league average. He would be a nice asset, but I hated his contract so much that I sort of hated him the entire time.

The other issue for you guys though, is that if you sign him, he will cost you a draft pick. Is he worth that to you?

Don't sign him if you don't want to spend that draft pick, and if you are expecting him to be a 2 starter in your rotation.

do sign him if you don't care about that pick and are going to sign qualifying free agents any way, and expect him to be a 4 starter in your rotation.

vCash
    I hear they are looking for a catcher and 1st baseman. Let's give them Fed-Ex and Van Slyke.

vCash
    This has bad idea written all over it, Shields is OK, but not worth what we'll pay for him
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I hear they are looking for a catcher and 1st baseman. Let's give them Fed-Ex and Van Slyke.
    No way to Fed - Ex as part of the deal. Catchers careers are to short lived - I want to see him develop as a possible replacement for Ellis in a few years..or sooner if needed.

Van Slyke and one otherscrubs. We better not overpay for him. Not worth it.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    I'd trade FedEx in a hot second for Shields
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    I'd trade FedEx in a hot second for Shields
    Te problem is Ned will send a group of prospects for him...I'm hoping we keep Lee and FedEx...

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    FedEX isn't even a top 5 prospect, let him go in a second
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Shields is puzzling. For sure not an ace, but did put up Cy-esque numbers in 2011.

On one hand he plays in a pitcher's park, on the other he plays in the AL bEast.

I think a relocation to the NL West, with all its pitcher's parks, could serve him well.

Yes, this guy will easily throw 200+ innings and then some. The question is whether or not he's as good as advertised.

What IS he actually worth to you?
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    He's gonna be what 31 next year? Ugh
    #Joc2LA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast