Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Go Ahead, Prove Me Right Giants Fans

Something has occurred to me on many previous occasions which reared it's ugly head again after the Giants won Game 1 of the 2012 World Series.

Speaking in general, Giants fans are more motivated by their hatred of the Dodgers than a love for their own team. Now, this is true for most teams in the National League, and especially in the West. The Padres hate us, the Rockies hate us, and at the heart of operations within the Diamondbacks organization is the desire to strengthen a rivalry with us.

But then there's the Giants; our longest running rivalry, oldest adversary, and biggest foe, following us to the west coast to continue that rivalry. A team that has had a small run of success while the Dodgers have toiled in obscurity, and a team with a fanbase that seems to desire nothing more than to piss off Dodgers fans.

I say all of this because, even though the Giants are still our most significant counterpart, I've never watched a Dodgers game - even when they were playing the Giants - and immediately thought to go to check out what Giants fans were talking about. Yet, I'd venture to say that more than 60% of the posts in the Scutaroid thread are from Giants fans.

Now, you can say "well, it's only because it's a stupid thread" and "we have to defend our guy", but the truth is you only discovered that thread because you were checking in on us. Further evidence - you are reading this right now. I can honestly I have no clue what's going on in the Giants forum... Ever.

So my question, Giants fans, is simple. If the Dodgers are the first thing you think of when you win a game - especially a significant one - isn't that an indicator that the Dodgers mean more to you than your beloved home team?
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash

I've read this three times and tried to come up with a hole in your theory. Unfortunately for 90% of them, this is true. A friend of mine, who is a Vagiants fan, text me all night during last nights game and half the text mentioned the Dodgers.

You sit, are brilliant!

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash

Ha! Thanks man.

I'm friends with a couple of Giants fans, one of whom is actually Sergio Romo's cousin. They grew up big on the Giants and Niners even though they're from the Brawley/El Centro area about 2 1/2 hours ESE of San Diego.

It seems I never see baseball related status updates from this guy's Facebook account unless its about the Giants beating the Dodgers, or when the Dodgers suffer something bad. For example, prior to last night the last baseball related status I saw from him was when the Dodgers were officially eliminated from the playoffs.

He's not the only one that celebrates Dodger defeats more than Giants victories, but he does happen to be related to a prominent Giant.

vCash
    Friends of mine from the bay spammed by FB last night. I was in class when the game was going on so it was surprised to me when I checked my FB after class. Like holy shitttt! Even my cousin here in LA, who is a long time Gnats fan, posted **** on it too. I wanted to call her and meet her up to just punch her on the face.

I even told them before WS began that the Gnats have a good chance winning this since they got hot the right time. And yet, this is what I get. Pathetic really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I love how you made a thread for Giants fans in the Dodgers forum. That must be a first on PSD, well done.

Our fanbases clearly spend too much time in each others forums.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    ^ Exhibit A.

Anyway, i've only been in the Gnats forum less than 20 times, with post or not. Actually, the last time I was there was when the two teams faced each other way back during the reg season. Other than that, I honestly cannot remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    I actually come in here for news from time to time to see who you guys are looking at, etc.

I usually don't post and when I do it's just baseball talk not baiting

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Something has occurred to me on many previous occasions which reared it's ugly head again after the Giants won Game 1 of the 2012 World Series.

Speaking in general, Giants fans are more motivated by their hatred of the Dodgers than a love for their own team. Now, this is true for most teams in the National League, and especially in the West. The Padres hate us, the Rockies hate us, and at the heart of operations within the Diamondbacks organization is the desire to strengthen a rivalry with us.

But then there's the Giants; our longest running rivalry, oldest adversary, and biggest foe, following us to the west coast to continue that rivalry. A team that has had a small run of success while the Dodgers have toiled in obscurity, and a team with a fanbase that seems to desire nothing more than to piss off Dodgers fans.

I say all of this because, even though the Giants are still our most significant counterpart, I've never watched a Dodgers game - even when they were playing the Giants - and immediately thought to go to check out what Giants fans were talking about. Yet, I'd venture to say that more than 60% of the posts in the Scutaroid thread are from Giants fans.

Now, you can say "well, it's only because it's a stupid thread" and "we have to defend our guy", but the truth is you only discovered that thread because you were checking in on us. Further evidence - you are reading this right now. I can honestly I have no clue what's going on in the Giants forum... Ever.

So my question, Giants fans, is simple. If the Dodgers are the first thing you think of when you win a game - especially a significant one - isn't that an indicator that the Dodgers mean more to you than your beloved home team?
    So, people are checking in on what fans of another team are talking about on a message board that is supposed to be about people who share a common passion, i.e. baseball, and you find that weird?

Of course I want to talk about what fans of other teams are talking about, or what their perception is of the game. Of course I am going to comment when some fan of another team makes an absurdly ignorant comment that has no basis in evidence that one of our players is on steroids.

It's a message board, the purpose of which is to discuss the game. It's not trolling if I make a comment in 'your' forum that just happens to not take the position you or a fan of your team takes. Diversity of opinion, what shocker.

I personally read the Giants, Dodgers, A's, and main forum on a regular basis. Just because I read and discuss the game of baseball with fans of our biggest rival, does not mean that I for some reason care more about the Dodgers than I do about my own team. All it means is that I have a passion for the game and I like talking about it with fans of other teams. . . on a message board . . . the purpose of which is to discuss baseball . . . and we are rivals . . . in the same division . . . .

I don't see how this is so hard to comprehend.

vCash
    Why is this really even bothering you? LASportsfan is in our forum all the time. We've had other Dodgers posters in there as well. Seriously, who cares if we're here just discussing baseball?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Why is this really even bothering you? LASportsfan is in our forum all the time. We've had other Dodgers posters in there as well. Seriously, who cares if we're here just discussing baseball?
    It's motivated by the sheer volume of people from the Giants forum here, and the fact that there has been some significant trolling.

But you cannot extrapolate from that that Giants fans "in general" care more about the Dodgers than their own team. That's what I take issue with. There are people from the Giants forum who troll the Dodgers forum and that needs to stop. It probably wouldn't happen if they had a mod who would shut that down.

vCash
    I agree. I personally didn't like when some of them came in here and started talking **** when we eliminated the Dodgers. Pretty trashy.

Ariana Grande

12. 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM
    Reason
    trolling

vCash

Firstly, if you are not a fan of the mold referenced above then I'm not talking about you. It just so happens that I view you as one of the few respectable Giants posters that come into this forum. Your comment about "comprehension" however, is making it hard for me to maintain that opinion.

As I said "speaking generally" most Giants fans - especially in the realm of personal interaction as opposed open forum posting - were more excited about ribbing Dodgers fans than they were about celebrating their win.

But since you brought it up, let me get to my second point. In your own words, you check in on the Dodgers' and A's forums constantly. In my own words from the OP, I could care less about what any of our rival fans are discussing because I come to this forum to talk baseball with Dodger fans. If I'm talking about a game, I do it with Dodger fans. If I'm talking about acquisitions, I do it with Dodger fans. If I'm talking about a rivalry, I do it with Dodger fans.

The difference is that Dodger fans are concerned with Dodger baseball. Say what you want about the Scutaroid thread, but whether or not it is warranted is irrelevant; it was started by a Dodger fan who was upset that we were eliminated from the playoff contention by a guy in an area that is the well-known mecca of PED's in baseball. And to play devil's advocate; on a team where one of its best players just went down for 50 games in HIS contract year.

Comprende, señor?

So please, spare me the I'm not a bad guy responses. If you're a person who jumped up and said "hell yeah" when Panda homered, and not ome that immediately thought about who's face you can rub it in, then I'm not talking about you.

The other (__o__) can GTFO of our forum.

BTW: that's a loose butthole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    wow the Dodgers just love to keep crying. Just get over it, the Giants are ****ing better
    Example Given.

Giants fan with the screen name "dodgersuck" says the above.

vCash
    Grow up, it happens with rivalries. The Giants are enjoying their glory of recent years after never winning the series in San Francisco.

You need thicker skin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I don't care if you're here. I care what you're here to do. LASFan is one person, and I happen to know he's pretty respectful when he's in your forum as I've seen comments from Giants fans in here.

Your boys troll us in masses. The essence of what I'm saying; you won a World Series game, why is the first thought of your fans to troll Dodgers fans?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast