Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Every 'name brand' FA nowadays gets stupid money. What we think they are worth and what teams are willing to pay them are two different animals. That's the way it is.

Giants have resisted jumping into that fray so far, but how much longer they can rely on grabbing the Scutaros and Cody Rosses for a steal remains to be seen. If they really want to stay competitive, they're either going to have to pay that same stupid money eventually, or fall by the baseball wayside.

It's a players market in the FA game, and the players know it. And as long as there are owners willing to cough it up, it'll only get worse.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Sure Soriano's contract is insane but it's only two years and one of the NL's strongest teams just got better.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Sure Soriano's contract is insane but it's only two years and one of the NL's strongest teams just got better.
    I'm wondering if they'll end up trading a bullpen arm, maybe Clippard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm wondering if they'll end up trading a bullpen arm, maybe Clippard.
    For what it's worth, the thinking out here seems to be that they want to hang on to Clippard. Morse is supposed to be their primary trading chip, with the goal being a starting pitcher prospect.

vCash
    Delmon Young couldn't even get one million dollars this offseason. He sign with the Phillies for $750,000.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    He's got bonuses that potentially bump him up to $3.25 million, but still. Surprising he got signed by an NL team.

vCash
    $750k

vCash
    Upton to play with his brother. Braves acquire Upton and Chris Johnson for Randall Delgado, Martin Prado, and three prospects (Ahmed, Drury, Spruill).

That's some future rotation- Skaggs, Miley, Kennedy, Hudson, Cahill, Delgado, Bradley. Definitely have some trade chips to improve.

I really wish there was some way we could've gotten Prado to play left. I'm a big fan of his. Vastly underrated.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-24-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Ya I think both are overrated. BJ more so. Justin doesn't have very good numbers outside of Chase. I still hold some faith in him because he hasn't reached his prime yet, but that windows closing and he needs to show more consistency.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I don't think the D'Bagz got enough in return...

vCash
    Upton, Upton, Heyward is a pretty nice OF. Also very enigmatic.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Upton, Upton, Down, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Upton, Upton, Down, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
    You just unlocked the tomahawk chop!

thanks a lot leandres
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I thought that was the Brooks Conrad defense code??!?!?!

vCash
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast