Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Answer to the PED issue

I know this isn't strictly a SF Giants topic but it does involve a lot of Giants and their farm hands.

Here's my solution to this ongoing, embarrassing problem MLB has with the drug related issues and the players.

MLB should announce they will have a two-week period for every major/minor league ball player to admit his drug/PED/HGH use along with a list of his sources with no repercussions to the player. A one-time opportunity to clear the air without penalties. After the two week period, if anyone gets caught, the first time is a year's suspension without pay, the second time, a lifetime ban.

Simple. Anyone have a better option? I'm sure there are. This is just my opinion.

vCash
    Unnecessary.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete K View Post
    I know this isn't strictly a SF Giants topic but it does involve a lot of Giants and their farm hands.

Here's my solution to this ongoing, embarrassing problem MLB has with the drug related issues and the players.

MLB should announce they will have a two-week period for every major/minor league ball player to admit his drug/PED/HGH use along with a list of his sources with no repercussions to the player. A one-time opportunity to clear the air without penalties. After the two week period, if anyone gets caught, the first time is a year's suspension without pay, the second time, a lifetime ban.

Simple. Anyone have a better option? I'm sure there are. This is just my opinion.
    I would think the players would think it would be wiser to simply stop using the PED's they were previously taking than tarnish the accomplishments made throughout their careers by going public about their PED usage. However, I'm all for the Matt Holliday plan of first time offense 1 year ban, 2nd time ban for life.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)