Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Asking Ryan Vogelsong About His FIP

Asking a player how he’s over-performed his peripherals is a tricky thing. I settled on a toe in the water: “Have you ever heard of FanGraphs? WAR? FIP?” From Ryan Vogelsong‘s responses to those inquiries at Giants’ Media day (“No, but Wins Above Replacement I have, all those stats, yeah” he replied), it seemed clear that the right-hander might need a little introduction to any sabermetric statistic I was going to ask him about...
    Nice article on FanGraphs about Vogelsong's renaissance.

vCash
    Good article, thanks for sharing.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I never understood why these saber-authors think players care about these type of stats. These stats do nothing for them.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Only one person doesn't understand the ignore list. Predictable and cowardly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    I never understood why these saber-authors think players care about these type of stats. These stats do nothing for them.
    Exactly. Obviously fans do, and perhaps some GM's or player evaluators do, but players do not... none whatsoever...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...