Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Eric Gordon out Indefinitely

I know what my name says, but I do have a soft spot for the Hornets as I was born in NOLA. I really wanted the team to trade away Eric Gordon this offseason due to his attitude about the Phoenix Suns offer and his constant injury problems. Now, looky here, the best player out with injury. Does this remind anyone of Baron Davis? I know I have no actual proof to back up this claim, but the amount of games this guy has missed since being traded is ridiculous. It would be different if he was acting like a perfect employee and was constantly praising the franchise while being injured. Instead, he begs for the team to let him go, they don't, and now he's injured to start the year.

I really can't help but think this kid is nothing but a waste of money. The best scenario to come out of this is that the Hornets get another top pick this year and come back ridiculously loaded next year.

I would have done the same trade the Thunder did, except for Gordon. Kevin Martin and pieces was offered to NOLA over the summer for Gordon, and that was just a huge mistake to pass that up. Gordon is streaky, injury-prone, and brings poor chemistry with his attitude. I've seen Kevin Martin play face to face and that guy is a pure professional, has amazing shot selection, and has a great history of staying healthy.

Guarantee you if he does get traded or leaves the team one day, all these injuries will magically disappear and he'll have a great five year run.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash
    If he doesn't change, he'll be traded in Dec. that's when the Hornets can trade him, anytime after a certain Dec. date.
    Don't worry, he's on a short leash!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    I'm just aggravated that the team won't be able to get his full value if he's sitting out like this. May have to settle for a draft pick and somebody who can be serviceable and just wait out the year. Hate to be a pessimist, but hell, NOLA could win two lotteries in a row right? Wiggins and Davis would look pretty fierce.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash
    at this point I don't even care what we get....I was willing to give him a fresh start after the whole suns fiasco but when does it end?

the bright side to this it would give austin a chance to develope in his natural position and we can go get a real PG

vCash
    i still lub you ej!! Really think he will be back in a couple games and all of this will be behind us.

/wishfulthinkingoptimism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    i still lub you ej!! Really think he will be back in a couple games and all of this will be behind us.

/wishfulthinkingoptimism
    It's like you cheated on your girlfriend, yes she says she forgives you but do she really bcuz she never forgets!

Cant turn a whore into a husband and you can't turn a whore into a house wife!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 11-01-2012 at 10:36 AM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    per nola

Monty's seems to be saying that the doctor's have cleared Gordon to play but that he is refusing to do do by claiming he is still injured. As an attorney, Gordon could potentially be breaching his contract. If a player is healthy enough to play and refuses to do so, he has breached his contract. The team might have a legal recourse to get out of this deal and get rid of the guy.

vCash
    I feel bad for the guy if he is actually hurt though. Not saying he is and I know he's been pretty down about being in NO but what if he really is hurt?

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    per nola

Monty's seems to be saying that the doctor's have cleared Gordon to play but that he is refusing to do do by claiming he is still injured. As an attorney, Gordon could potentially be breaching his contract. If a player is healthy enough to play and refuses to do so, he has breached his contract. The team might have a legal recourse to get out of this deal and get rid of the guy.
    I don't think they can break a contract for not playing. They can fine him if they have strong enough proof, but can't break an NBA contract over this.

Like EG, though he should be a knick, tuff to see players go threw injuries. BUt if a guy says he is hurt, you should trust his judgement.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    *double post
    Last edited by JeffG20; 11-02-2012 at 05:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I don't think they can break a contract for not playing. They can fine him if they have strong enough proof, but can't break an NBA contract over this.

Like EG, though he should be a knick, tuff to see players go threw injuries. BUt if a guy says he is hurt, you should trust his judgement.
    don't see why not if he's medically cleared....its still breach of contract. he's pretty much stealing money at that point

he's never given us a reason to trust him. and monty is not exactly the type of coach that throws his players under the bus like that.

vCash
    The dude has talent no doubt but the wrong attitude IF it is true that he is cleared to play and refuses. He is a dumbazz (in the words of Big B) for first hiring an agent that would actually tell him to do this, and two for actually thinking that if he whines like a kid with a bruised knee that teams will be falling all over themselves to trade a good amount to get him. When is the last time or any time that someon like Lebron/Durant/Kobe/Wade etc do this? Don't give me Howard as an excuse because I can turn and say Melo even though he only wanted to go to NY he still played. The Nuggets actually got a good deal out of it too. No team is going to build around someone with an attitude like that. I actually want him out of NO if this is what we are going to get out of him. I am going to need more proof that this is what the guy wants but when there is smoke.....
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Hornets team Dr's cleared EJ to play, but EJ insisted that he wasn't ready to play due to injury! "Per Monty Williams"

Eric Gordon says he'll be cleared to return in 4-6wks per his Chicago Dr. If in 6wks that should bring his return at Dec. 14th which is the date before he could be traded, which is Dec 15th(per NBA rules, EJ is eligible to be traded to another team)

From my Stephen-

vCash
    not sure what we can get but anything decent to get rid of that contract is fine by me..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    not sure what we can get but anything decent to get rid of that contract is fine by me..
    Agreed Jeff

From my Stephen-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast