Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Rafael Soriano will opt out of his contract with the Yankees and elect free agency today, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. Soriano's contract includes a $14MM player option for 2013 with a $1.5MM buyout.

Assuming the right-hander opts out, the Yankees will counter by making him a one-year qualifying offer worth $13.3MM. This would link Soriano to draft pick compensation, setting the Yankees up for a potential pick in 2013. The Scott Boras client is believed to be seeking a four-year deal, Heyman reports. Soriano probably won't accept New York's qualifying offer, but the Yankees are likely willing to give him a two-year deal.

The 32-year-old posted a 2.26 ERA with 9.2 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9 with 42 saves this past season. “There is a strong chance that he would have tremendous value as a free agent,” Boras told Joel Sherman earlier in the month. It's hard to disagree following such a strong season.
    Great news! Soriano is a pos. Don't let the door hit you in the.....
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Rafael Soriano will opt out of his contract with the Yankees and elect free agency today, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. Soriano's contract includes a $14MM player option for 2013 with a $1.5MM buyout.

Assuming the right-hander opts out, the Yankees will counter by making him a one-year qualifying offer worth $13.3MM. This would link Soriano to draft pick compensation, setting the Yankees up for a potential pick in 2013. The Scott Boras client is believed to be seeking a four-year deal, Heyman reports. Soriano probably won't accept New York's qualifying offer, but the Yankees are likely willing to give him a two-year deal.

The 32-year-old posted a 2.26 ERA with 9.2 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9 with 42 saves this past season. “There is a strong chance that he would have tremendous value as a free agent,” Boras told Joel Sherman earlier in the month. It's hard to disagree following such a strong season.

Scott Boras already promised him that he could get a 4/60 deal.....

Good luck with that! No closer has ever got that much in 4 years....not even Mo...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Scott Boras already promised him that he could get a 4/60 deal.....

Good luck with that! No closer has ever got that much in 4 years....not even Mo...
    Yeah, and Mo is the only one that I would have ever considered it with.. Closers melt down too often, but Mo never has.

vCash
    Good riddance, I wanted to rip my eyes out every time I saw this scumbag wearing pinstripes.

vCash
    Wow, so much hate for a guy that put up probably the best season we could have asked for out of a non-Mariano reliever when we really needed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Wow, so much hate for a guy that put up probably the best season we could have asked for out of a non-Mariano reliever when we really needed it.
    Yup, that's Yankees fans for ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aiizer View Post
    Good riddance, I wanted to rip my eyes out every time I saw this scumbag wearing pinstripes.
    This made me giggle.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Yup, that's Yankees fans for ya.
    I think in fairness though that there was always a lot of fan trepidation and angst over the way that contract was negotiated. Obviously that was Levine's fault and not Soriano's but if this is the type of money he is seeking then best of luck to him.

I liked the season he had and what he brought to the table in other years as well but I absolutely do not mind refusing this price tag.

Then again, I also want Cano gone ASAP so what does that tell you.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I think in fairness though that there was always a lot of fan trepidation and angst over the way that contract was negotiated. Obviously that was Levine's fault and not Soriano's but if this is the type of money he is seeking then best of luck to him.

I liked the season he had and what he brought to the table in other years as well but I absolutely do not mind refusing this price tag.

Then again, I also want Cano gone ASAP so what does that tell you.
    There's a difference between disliking the contract, and even thinking it's a good thing that he's moving on vs. calling him a POS and scumbag. It's not his fault NY offered him a stupid contract. And he pitched pretty damn well this season. So, it's good he's gone. But there's no reason to treat him as if he wronged NY somehow and couldn't get it done. He stepped up and replaced the greatest closer of all time this season admirably.

vCash
    There's a difference between disliking the contract, and even thinking it's a good thing that he's moving on vs. calling him a POS and scumbag. It's not his fault NY offered him a stupid contract. And he pitched pretty damn well this season. So, it's good he's gone. But there's no reason to treat him as if he wronged NY somehow and couldn't get it done. He stepped up and replaced the greatest closer of all time this season admirably.
    I'm gonna miss #untuck
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    I think we're in agreement.....I think.

He pitched very well and I would say that I have never denigrated his signing publically when it happened. At the time I felt Soriano was a necessary back of the pen arm.

And you are indeed correct that it was Levines fault, not Soriano's.

That being said, however, I am not willing to pay what he thins he will command as an FA. I don't think he's a POS (unlike Cano, who I do indeed feel is a colossielly overrated, even dumb POS) and should've been shipped out first chance this offseason, but then hey, that's my opinion.

vCash
    He is going to the RedSox! Watch! Those idiots never lern!
    Nick

vCash

He pitched very well and I would say that I have never denigrated his signing publically when it happened. At the time I felt Soriano was a necessary back of the pen arm.

That being said, however, I am not willing to pay what he thins he will command as an FA. I don't think he's a POS (unlike Cano, who I do indeed feel is a colossielly overrated, even dumb POS) and should've been shipped out first chance this offseason, but then hey, that's my opinion.
    With a team getting older Cano cannot be traded as he is their best offensive threat....who is better for in return?

A trade would seriously weaken the offense...Joe needs to pull him from a game and embarrass him when he jogs down the line, it would take just once for him to understand."
    Nick

vCash

Agreed, minus Cano.

I'd shop him to see what might be available. But I'd keep him if the return isn't good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    With a team getting older Cano cannot be traded as he is their best offensive threat....who is better for in return?

A trade would seriously weaken the offense...Joe needs to pull him from a game and embarrass him when he jogs down the line, it would take just once for him to understand."
    Cano needed a minimum 2-3 game sitdown this October. He got zero. We are unafraid to send a message to Arod because his act is played out and Swisher because he is probably walking this offseason but everyone is tip-toeing on eggshells that they might offend or hurt the immortal Robinson Cano's feelings. He has had other horrible postseason showings so realize going forwasrd that this is a pattern and trend not an anaomoly before we become quick to ink him to a gazillion dollar contract.

Someone in the dugout should smack his **** (this is the immature version of sauron today folks) the first time he stands there with that indolent, dumba$sed open mouth gape everytime he gets behind in the count. Almost seems like he's trying to take in more oxygen to stimulate whatever stem of a cerebral cortex he thinks he has.

Dump him while the going is good. He is garbage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast