Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The second half of Posey's career: Do you see him catching or playing 1st?

I was just pondering this today. Considering how much of a great offense player Posey is I don't know if I would want to him in such a high stress/high risk position such as catcher. Thoughts?

vCash
    I see them handling him how they handled him this year. Catch the majority of the time, but will still be at first 1-2 times per week to keep him fresh. That's probably the best way to handle him.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    It seems like the pitching staff really praises his pitch calling abilities, but I agree his bat is too valuable to let his legs get burned out when he's in his 30's. I would say he could catch another 5-7 years, then I would definitely be for a switch if that means we could keep his offensive production at this level.

Of course this is assuming we lock him up long term, which we better.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    I was just pondering this today. Considering how much of a great offense player Posey is I don't know if I would want to him in such a high stress/high risk position such as catcher. Thoughts?
    Playing first so ZitoAce can troll SFrush when Posey takes 1b over Belt, because the baseball gods smile upon ZitoAce and he gets it like that.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Playing first so ZitoAce can troll SFrush when Posey takes 1b over Belt, because the baseball gods smile upon ZitoAce and he gets it like that.

That's the thing, if we sign Belt and Posey long term it wouldn't really be possible to have Posey at first.

vCash
    It was a joke. I see Posey behind the plate for the immediate future. Later in his career, what 5518 said, same as now basically.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Can he play 3rd base ?

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Can he play 3rd base ?
    What about Panda?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Can he play 3rd base ?
    I believe bochy has mentioned it. I like how he's used now, but we need a better back up than Sanchez, he's terrible at receiving pitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Posey is a phenomenal catcher, I hope they can figure out a way to keep him there as long as possible. But I guess that means time at 1B, which puts Belt in the OF or on the bench...unless the Giants find another position for Buster.

vCash
    Catcher for a couple more years, then first base. Then when his knees give out, I see him making the move to RP. I know it sounds crazy, but he used to close at FSU and he threw 98 mph. This guy is a gamer, I challenge anybody to tell me this guy aint a gamer? Anybody? Anybody? Hello? because he is! and when his swing turns into Bobby Estalellas Pectorial muscles, long and droopy, we're gonna need to get our investment back, and thats by throwing him in at the end of the games until his arm falls off. You're gonna save games Buster! And your gonna like it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    Catcher for a couple more years, then first base. Then when his knees give out, I see him making the move to RP. I know it sounds crazy, but he used to close at FSU and he threw 98 mph. This guy is a gamer, I challenge anybody to tell me this guy aint a gamer? Anybody? Anybody? Hello? because he is! and when his swing turns into Bobby Estalellas Pectorial muscles, long and droopy, we're gonna need to get our investment back, and thats by throwing him in at the end of the games until his arm falls off. You're gonna save games Buster! And your gonna like it!
    Are you enjoying your forum posting experience?
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Why even worry about this now?

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    I don't understand why everyone's freaked out about Posey catching. He doesn't even have 2 full seasons under his belt yet. And the Giants handled him well this year after the injury.

He is, will be, and should be, our catcher for some years to come.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Let Posey finish first half of his career before worrying about what to do with his second half.
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast