Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giant fans, what are your expectations for the off-season?

You have some money coming off the books.

Scut, 6 million

Pence, 10.5 million (could get arbitration)

Huff, 10 million

Pagan, 5 million

Cabrera, 6 million

Affeldt, 5 million

Do you guys expect to get a top flight free agent, a high level bat?

Is resigning Melky a viable option?

What happens to Pence?

vCash
    Rowand completely off the books at $12 mil as well
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I think the thing that I'm most interested in is the extent to which all this talk about chemistry, teamwork, unselfishness, etc filters into the off season contract talks. I don't doubt that the team genuinely wants to stay together, but I am curious to see the extent to which this translates into home town discounts.

vCash
    I would give Posey a 10 year 100 Million dollar contract lol. Keep the pitching intact. Scutaro may stay for 5-6 Million. Pence I can see maybe signed for cheaper he may want to stay a lifer in SF. The FA class is weak in 2013. I wouldn't mind signing Ichiro. Resigning pagan and keeping the chemistry intact. Signing ichiro would bring in more revenue. The giants should be racking uo obey after the last three seasons. I also know it will be very slim, but with the money the giants have I wouldn't be surprised at a josh Hamilton signing.

Pagan
    Scutaro
    Hamilton
    Posey
    Panda
    Pence
    Belt
    Crawdad

Solid Infield defense, nice 1-6

vCash

Giant fans, what are your expectations for the off-season?

I hope we don't resign Cabrera, we have to bring back Scataro. I would also like to keep Pence, I really think he can be productive for us. It would be cool to get Hamilton but I think it's very unlikely but if he was in our lineup with Sandoval Pence and Posey in the middle would be deadly

vCash
    In reality, with all the raises in contracts and arbitration, the money we have coming off the books isn't as much as people may think. I hope we re-sign Scutaro, Pence, Affeldt, Pagan, and Melky. It'll be interesting to see what goes on during the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    In reality, with all the raises in contracts and arbitration, the money we have coming off the books isn't as much as people may think.
    I think that's the key point, especially with Posey's big pay day looming ever larger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    You have some money coming off the books.

Scut, 6 million

Pence, 10.5 million (could get arbitration)

Huff, 10 million

Pagan, 5 million

Cabrera, 6 million

Affeldt, 5 million

Do you guys expect to get a top flight free agent, a high level bat?

Is resigning Melky a viable option?

What happens to Pence?
    Get rid of Huff, Pence, and Penny.

Acquire Stanton, Hamilton, and bring up Pill and Runzler.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Get rid of Huff, Pence, and Penny.

Acquire Stanton, Hamilton, and bring up Pill and Runzler.

Stanton who? I hope you don't mean Giancarlo

vCash
    Keep the team intact and re-sign Melky and I think we are in good position to defend our championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Rowand completely off the books at $12 mil as well
    I still can't believe we were paying that guy lol. No more dunce cap contracts being handed out by Sabean any longer haha. The man has become *knock on wood* an excellent evaluator at value and length of contracts as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    In reality, with all the raises in contracts and arbitration, the money we have coming off the books isn't as much as people may think. I hope we re-sign Scutaro, Pence, Affeldt, Pagan, and Melky. It'll be interesting to see what goes on during the offseason.
    No Huff? lol

In regards to the question of the thread, I do hope we re-sign Scutaro, Pagan, Affeldt, Pence, and even Cabrera (Melky at an affordable rate). Blanco played very admirably in Melky's place in the postseason, even though many jumped on his case during the regular season (at the time, much of that was deserved, but he proved his amazing defense and decent/clutch bat were worth a lot in hindsight).

I also can't see how you could not bring back Scoot and Pagan. Those two are locks in my opinion. Actually, Affeldt shouldn't be going anywhere either because of how much this organization values it's pitching. So I guess that makes it three locks.

The wildcard I see here is Pence. They probably will bring him back because he has a solid enough track record, and he became a vocal leader in the postseason who came through with a few big hits...however, to be frank, the regular season he had with us was horrid. I wonder if that will make the ownership and management think twice about offering him arbitration. I like him enough to pick up his option and see what he can do coming off a World Series Championship. Plus, it's possible he could flourish by being able to get a full season under his belt with this team. The great thing out of all of this, is that we're having this discussion after sweeping our way through a World Series. Indescribable.

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Isn't Freddie Sanchez off the books next year too?

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

vCash
    F.dot is but pence is under contract next year isn't he

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    F.dot is but pence is under contract next year isn't he
    He is under team control but we can choose not to offer him arbitration if we don't want to.

vCash
    As of now, I would pick scutaro over f.dot (too injured prone to me), scutaro did a great job for us in the playoffs and he's earned it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast