Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Looks as if the Dodgers are the NL version of the Yankees. A star-studded team doesn't guarantee anything (e.g., Yankees waited a decade until winning a World Series after paying big money for big names). I would have loved Greinke to remain an Angel, but not at $147M :P Thank God he didn't sign with the Rangers! I hope Dipoto acquires another SP, but that seems more and more unlikely given the passing days of no rumors/information, not to mention an article explaining his satisfaction with the current rotation. We all know Blanton isn't the answer, but I have more faith in him than Richards. The Angels should be able to afford another arm, so hopefully it's just a matter of time. Now with Greinke off the market, there will be much more activity regarding the remaining pitchers. We'll see what happens.
    Well find one with on a 12 million remaining budget.

vCash
    next year is when 2 of the best sp's hit the market right?
    what if we just saving for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Plus getting Wells off our payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Ok before last year.
    Well, you've got me there. Trading Mike Napoli for Vernon Wells was clearly a winner.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

5. 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
    Reason
    trolling

6. 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

7. 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Why are people freaking out that the Angels didn't sign Greinkie and saying it makes this offseason a failure? Giving him that deal would make this offseason a failure. That's WAY too much money. Most people were saying they'd only want to go 85 or 90, and this contract is nearly double that. Let them have him. If the Angels could get Sanchez and maybe look for someone at third, then I'd be happy with the offseason.
    No it is not for over paying! It is what the market rate is paying, it is like your salary, if the market rate sayes you deserve this much money then you will get that salary.

The market rate has been establish last year when we signed CJ Wilson and Pujols and say 6 years means nothing to us.

If the Angels are a LA team then we need to pay as a LA market. WE have established what the budget will be it is not the other way around. It is economics 101 plain and simple.

Challenge the Dodgers if it is not too late, lets go 6 years and 150.

vCash
    This offseason has been a disaster... I'm glad we traded away big pieces of our farm for a 2 month rental. At least we got a halfway decent bullpen on paper now.
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-10-2012 at 12:50 PM.

10. 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/Quoting troll

11. 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/Quoting troll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Well, you've got me there. Trading Mike Napoli for Vernon Wells was clearly a winner.
    that trade made Anthopalis look like a genius, and then he looked like an idiot when he dealt him away to the rangers.

13. 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/Quoting troll

vCash
    Love the doyer trolls. Wounder if they realize they won't win the as anytime soon

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789