Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wish Dipoto would have kept Haren..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I said this from the beginning but was told it was a bad idea. I am hoping Dipoto can sign Haren now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    I said this from the beginning but was told it was a bad idea. I am hoping Dipoto can sign Haren now
    I never wanted to give up Haren either.

vCash
    +1. Said this more than once as the season wound down.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I don't think you can really say that without knowing Haren's health issues. From the reports I've read, he has both a back and hip problem, so that could factor into Dipoto's decision of whether to bring Haren back. That said, I would probably prefer one year of Haren over say 2-3 years of Ryan Dempster.

vCash
    Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see Haren back for a year. Let him prove that he can still pitch at a high level.

vCash
    The Angels aren't acting like they're confident of landing Zack Greinke, writes Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times. The Angels seem to be trolling for much cheaper starting pitching options like Ryan Dempster and Shaun Marcum, as opposed to Anibal Sanchez and Kyle Lohse.
    Marcum >>> Dempster
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Now I'm starting to think we may be in the Grienke race after all, and the NO ONE is giving him 25 a year. Jeez, if he gets it then what does Verlander and Felix get in 2 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Marcum >>> Dempster
    I'm really glad we're not going to waste our money on Sanchez or Lohse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    Now I'm starting to think we may be in the Grienke race after all, and the NO ONE is giving him 25 a year. Jeez, if he gets it then what does Verlander and Felix get in 2 years?
    He's only getting this much money a) because the Dodgers are crazy and have no monetary bounds, and b) he's the only top line starter on the market. If Cole Hamels hadn't signed his extension and was an FA right now, I guarantee you that Greinke wouldn't even be thinking about a $150 MIL contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    30M a year pitchers would be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I'm really glad we're not going to waste our money on Sanchez or Lohse.
    I wouldn't mind Sanchez around 5 years/70M, anything more than that and I would pass

But anyone who gives Lohse over 2 years/20M is making a mistake
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Sanchez around 5 years/70M, anything more than that and I would pass
    I'm anticipating him getting a 5 yr. 85-90 MIL contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    He's only getting this much money a) because the Dodgers are crazy and have no monetary bounds, and b) he's the only top line starter on the market.
    I don't think he'll get it. He will be rich man, yes, but not 25.

14. 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Trolling

vCash
    Angels NEEEED Greinke! Comon Greinke... whats not to like??? Great offence, unbelievable defensive outfield, great weather, pitchers ballpark, great owner building a commitment to excellence every year, AND get paid big (maybe a lil less than Dodgers)??? Don't screw us please.

Sincerly,
    Concerned fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Angels NEEEED Greinke! Comon Greinke... whats not to like??? Great offence, unbelievable defensive outfield, great weather, pitchers ballpark, great owner building a commitment to excellence every year, AND get paid big (maybe a lil less than Dodgers)??? Don't screw us please.

Sincerly,
    Concerned fan
    We really don't need Greinke and, frankly, it'd be a waste to spend more than 120 MIL on him. Personally, I'd rather have increased payroll flexibility and a short-term deal with Edwin Jackson or Shaun Marcum than spend big on Greinke. The Dodgers are obviously playing in a different financial world than everyone else so there's no point in wasting our time trying to outbid them on a pitcher who's going to get severely overpaid. Baseball people are anticipating Greinke will get paid more than CC Sabathia. There is no way Greinke is better or worth more than Sabathia. We're better off saving our cash for other players.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast