Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    @JonHeymanCBS: #dodgers top 2 targets are kuroda & anibal. this may comfort the #angels, who fear LAD on greinke.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    The Dodgers should be the Angels' main concern regarding a bidding war for Greinke. They aren't afraid of having to pay a luxury tax. I don't see the Rangers as a serious threat to acquiring Greinke. Also don't see the Angels making a panic signing, especially if it's for Hamilton -- Angels' focus shouldn't be on the OF. I think the Angels are still the top favorite to signing Greinke giving that they didn't hold on to Santana, Haren, Izturis, and Hunter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    The Dodgers should be the Angels' main concern regarding a bidding war for Greinke. They aren't afraid of having to pay a luxury tax. I don't see the Rangers as a serious threat to acquiring Greinke. Also don't see the Angels making a panic signing, especially if it's for Hamilton -- Angels' focus shouldn't be on the OF. I think the Angels are still the top favorite to signing Greinke giving that they didn't hold on to Santana, Haren, Izturis, and Hunter.
    If we fail to sign Greinke, I think we almost have to be interested in Hamilton. Mind you, I wouldn't go beyond five years or 100 MIL, but signing him would allow us to then use Bourjos as a trade chip for a starting pitcher. Then we could either sign Jackson, Marcum, Kuroda, etc to fill that final rotation spot. We need a left-handed power bat to hit behind Pujols anyway, so it makes sense to have Hamilton as our Plan B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    If we fail to sign Greinke, I think we almost have to be interested in Hamilton. Mind you, I wouldn't go beyond five years or 100 MIL, but signing him would allow us to then use Bourjos as a trade chip for a starting pitcher. Then we could either sign Jackson, Marcum, Kuroda, etc to fill that final rotation spot. We need a left-handed power bat to hit behind Pujols anyway, so it makes sense to have Hamilton as our Plan B.
    I defiantly could see that as a Plan B, but I think we would try singing the next best SP on the market and then worry about Hamilton. Because I almost guarantee that the the signing of Sanchez/Hamiltion or Loshe/Hamilton would cost more then Grienke himself.

Maybe the Angels could do a plan of Hamilton and then sign like Haren and Jackson to just go with low risk high reward kinda guys and use Bourjos as big trade chip to a team who misse out on Bourn/Upton for one of their best relievers to improve our bullpen.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I defiantly could see that as a Plan B, but I think we would try singing the next best SP on the market and then worry about Hamilton. Because I almost guarantee that the the signing of Sanchez/Hamiltion or Loshe/Hamilton would cost more then Grienke himself.

Maybe the Angels could do a plan of Hamilton and then sign like Haren and Jackson to just go with low risk high reward kinda guys and use Bourjos as big trade chip to a team who misse out on Bourn/Upton for one of their best relievers to improve our bullpen.
    I think it'd be a far worse move to make an emergency move and sign Lohse or Sanchez than make an emergency move and sign Hamilton. Sanchez is asking for way too much and there's no chance Lohse comes close to replicating his 2012 numbers. Hamilton at least will be worth the first 2-3 years of his contract whereas I don't think Sanchez and I know Lohse won't live up to their contract at all. Even if we don't sign Greinke or Hamilton, I think the safe bet would be to stay away from Sanchez and Lohse and focus on the middle tier starters that I mentioned before. Also, I'm not at all in favor of trading Bourjos for relief pitching unless the reliever is similar to or is Craig Kimbrel, which just isn't going to happen.

vCash

Dodgers favorites to sign Zack Greinke

According to an industry insider, the Dodgers are the favorites to wind up with top free agent starter Zack Greinke, with the Angels and Rangers on the outside looking in. And no starting pitcher on the market is going to be complaining by the end of the hot stove season.

The Future is NOW!

7. 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Responding to baiting

8. 11-18-2012, 02:10 PM
    Reason

9. 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM
    Reason

10. 11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
    Reason

11. 11-18-2012, 03:49 PM
    Reason

12. 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Yeah, that's about $60 million off the books, and then if you consider Abreu is finally off the books too, that closer to $70 million. We have lots of money to spend now, but I hope we don't spend it just to spend it. Make smart moves and only invest great needs and great players.

That being said, anybody who spends $20 million a year for 8+ years with Greinke is going to be very disappointed. Also, if he goes to LA, he's going to get crushed by the media.

vCash

The Everything Zack Greinke Thread

I'm personally fine with letting Greinke go as long as he's not signing with Texas and we have a solid backup plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Yeah, that's about $60 million off the books, and then if you consider Abreu is finally off the books too, that closer to $70 million. We have lots of money to spend now, but I hope we don't spend it just to spend it. Make smart moves and only invest great needs and great players.
    We dont have quite that much. I broke it down here. Assuming Arte wants to stay around 150M we have about 30M. That is enough to sign Greinke plus a couple solid bullpen options

Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    That being said, anybody who spends $20 million a year for 8+ years with Greinke is going to be very disappointed. Also, if he goes to LA, he's going to get crushed by the media.
    Ummm

vCash
    Artie Moreno & Jerry Dipoto prioritized retaining Greinke this offseason, clearing the salaries of Ervin Santana & Dan Haren to assure the resources were in place. The issue is- Casey Close is backing the organization into a corner.

He's utilizing the Dodgers (New Ownerships deep Pockets) & division Rival the Rangers as leverage in negotiations. Even if the Angels are committed to keeping Greinke, he could have his eyes set on a completely off the radar spot. This is the first FA we've had where it wouldn't surprise me if he signed with Milwaukee or Kansas City b/c he liked the atmosphere of those cities, or he went to St. Louis, or something of that nature.

Regardless, Close is going to force Dipoto's hand and the team lacks a fallback option besides overpaying for Anibal Sanchez or Edwin Jackson. That's the makings of a 6 Year 160 Million dollar deal that will put constraints on the budget going forward.

The Rangers are watching the process play out as are the Dodgers; playing to Close and providing him with IMENSE leverage in negotiations. Imagine Moreno loosing Greinke to the Dodgers or the Division Rival?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    We dont have quite that much. I broke it down here. Assuming Arte wants to stay around 150M we have about 30M. That is enough to sign Greinke plus a couple solid bullpen options

Ummm
    Wow Hiroki Kuroda signes with the Yankees for 15 million for one year.
    What does that say for Zack, 30 million for 6 years?

vCash
    Rival executives say the Angels have a thin farm system, Olney writes. This puts pressure on GM Jerry Dipoto to address his rotation through free agency, which gives Zack Greinke considerable leverage.

vCash
    With all the new reports that come out, it seems more and more that Grienke is going to be WAY over payed and that he's going to the Dodgers. Also that the Angels have no "real" backup plans. Idk if its actual truth coming from Grienke's camp, Angels haters, or what?!?!?

All I know is that I really want Grienke back and that I really dont go higher then 6yr 130M. I would give Grienke more money then Cain because Grienke get more K's and that Grienke is a FA.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash

The Everything Zack Greinke Thread

As I've stated before, I think the backup plan almost has to be to sign Josh Hamilton if we truly hope to improve from last year. I'm not fond of giving up our first round draft pick for a second year in a row, but I think signing Hamilton gives us a better shot at making the playoffs.

vCash
    Zack Greinke's camp predicts the talented veteran will not only become the richest right-hander in history, but may also surpass Cole Hamels' $153MM contract, tweets Jim Bowden of ESPN.com.
    Have fun on the Dodgers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast