Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    This probably could have been put into a different thread rather than to make another one entirely, but to answer your question I would pass.

If Jeter can play, he is our SS. If not (which I do not think will be the case) Nunez is fine. He would make a fraction of the cost and while neither is truly proven in the MLB, Nunez has shown he can at least be adequate.
    I say this thread belongs right here. If you don't like a thread stay out of it.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    and i was looking forward to 7chuck7's statement that he was going away for the offseason

so much for that

vCash
    I'd take him on a similar deal to what we offered last year. I've heard that he plays good defense at multiple positions. Frees up Nunez to be traded. Nunez is one of our best trade chips.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    and i was looking forward to 7chuck7's statement that he was going away for the offseason

so much for that
    You could always put me on your ignore list and do both of us a favor! lol
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    thats very impressive, give him a 5 year deal, its obvious that those numbers translate to the US, these guys here dont know anything. they should just focus on stats from other jap players that came to the states and became all stars

like:

Kosuke fukudome
    year before coming to the US: .351 with 31 home runs and 104 RBIs, winning the Central League MVP award.

Current: AAA free agent

Tsuyoshi Nishioka
    Following the 2010 season, in which Nishioka led the league with 206 hits, a .346 batting average and 121 runs scored
    current: asked twins to tear up his contract so he could return to japan cause he sucked

Akinori Iwamura
    from 1998 to 2006 and won six Golden Glove awards at third base. He also hit 106 home runs in his last three seasons in the Central League, including 32 (with a .311 batting average) in 2006.
    current: stunk, quit baseball to go back to japan

Hahahaha nice list. But to be fair we saw Nishioka's career fell in our eyes that day Swisher slid into him and broke his fibula, forcing him miss 6-8 weeks. He was never the same player again. He finished the season with a .226 batting average in 221 at bats, with 0 homers.

2012 got worse for him, where he spent time between AAA and sucking on the MLB level. He ended up giving back every penny the Twins owed him moving forward in 2012 and 2013 to go back to hometown Japan.
    Last edited by xabial; 11-02-2012 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I'd take him on a similar deal to what we offered last year. I've heard that he plays good defense at multiple positions. Frees up Nunez to be traded. Nunez is one of our best trade chips.
    This. And I think he'd be a better bat offensively than Jayson Nix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xabial View Post
    Hahahaha nice list. But to be fair we saw Nishioka's career fell in our eyes that day Swisher slid into him and broke his fibula, forcing him miss 6-8 weeks. He was never the same player again. He finished the season with a .226 batting average in 221 at bats, with 0 homers.

2012 got worse for him, where he spent time between AAA and sucking on the MLB level. He ended up giving back every penny the Twins owed him moving forward in 2012 and 2013 to go back to hometown Japan.
    i was at that game, coldest non october game ive ever been to...

but those are just 3, i can go on on the amount of japanese players who come from japan being great and do nothing here...

kei igawa was a strike out machine
    daisuke was an ace
    the mariners had a recent catcher that also left back to japan cause he sucked.
    kaz matsui?

i think who ever believe this guy can be a legit SS for us is crazy and he didnt come here cause he didnt want to be a backup player

vCash
    i was at that game, coldest non october game ive ever been to...

but those are just 3, i can go on on the amount of japanese players who come from japan being great and do nothing here...

kei igawa was a strike out machine
    daisuke was an ace
    the mariners had a recent catcher that also left back to japan cause he sucked.
    kaz matsui?

i think who ever believe this guy can be a legit SS for us is crazy and he didnt come here cause he didnt want to be a backup player
    Hahaha do you think that was a sign his Major League Days was getting f***ed up here today and for the rest of his American Career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12