Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Mets Catcher (Offseason Priority Poll)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Laird (DET)

    0 0%
  • Russell Martin (NYY)

    6 22.22%
  • Miguel Olivo (SEA)

    2 7.41%
  • David Ross (ATL)

    7 25.93%
  • Josh Thole (NYM)

    4 14.81%
  • Kelly Shoppach (BOS/NYM)

    9 33.33%
  • JP Arrencibia (TOR)

    8 29.63%
  • Martin Maldonado (MIL)

    1 3.70%
  • Hank Conger (LAA)

    0 0%
  • Other (if so list who)

    5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If we had money, no way in hell do we pass on Napoli. He fits our team perfectly.

    He would have been able to play 1B against LHP and play catcher the rest of the games. He could get by catching 90 games or so in the NL.
    I agree. If they had the money.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    Go get the white sox catcher and go get Angels outfielder and sign both to 2 year deals and call it good. Yes both are older players, but they're both stop gaps which might make the fan base sorta happy.
    " You seek Yoda!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Hank Conger dressed up as PSY from Gangnam Style this Halloween.

    Too funny.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Heyman reports Russell Martin is a fit for the Yankees, Pirates, and Mariners but not the Mets.

    He opines that the Mets will acquire their catcher through a trade.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,753
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...keas_remo.html

    Looks like another year of Mike Nickeas too

    I honestly don't understand how he still gets work, he is not even decent depth.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...keas_remo.html

    Looks like another year of Mike Nickeas too

    I honestly don't understand how he still gets work, he is not even decent depth.
    Not on the 40 man, so, like always, he'll only see major league sod if someone gets hurt. I'd rather have him as an emergency back up instead of a fresh rookie. At least Nickeas knows the Mets pitchers.

    Plus, it's not like the Mets are going to go out and spend money on a back up's back up. In the end, whether it's Nickeas or Francisco Pena or some other random person, whoever the Mets emergency catcher is, they will suck.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 11-02-2012 at 10:14 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,753
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Not on the 40 man, so, like always, he'll only see major league sod if someone gets hurt. I'd rather have him as an emergency back up instead of a fresh rookie. At least Nickeas knows the Mets pitchers.

    Plus, it's not like the Mets are going to go out and spend money on a back up's back up. In the end, whether it's Nickeas or Francisco Pena or some other random person, whoever the Mets emergency catcher is, they will suck.
    Am more worried about them not re-signing Shoppach and being stuck with Thole/Nickeas combination to start the season.

    I understand your point but they better bring in someone and have be just that an emergency catcher only lol.

    I'm honestly just sick of Mike Nickeas being on this team period. He isn't even an efficient defensive catcher anymore.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I actually have faith that they'll have a righty bat, other than Nickeas, along with Thole, whether it be Shoppach, Olivo, Arencibia, Hundley, or whoever. I don't think the Mets are stupid enough to have Nickeas make the Opening Day Roster.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,840
    vCash
    1500
    Nickeas is off the 40 man, and Recker is on.

    If no moves are made, we would have a Thole and Recker combo.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Nickeas is off the 40 man, and Recker is on.

    If no moves are made, we would have a Thole and Recker combo.
    ray:

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    Nickeas should stay with the Mets in some capacity whether its triple A or coaching staff. His work with game preparation is more then expected, the staff showed what they're potential is thru hard work and preparation. Sadly he can call a pitch, but can't hit a pitch.
    " You seek Yoda!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I like Ruiz but his age is getting up there. They probably couldn't offer him more than 2 years with an option.

    I don't think McCann would come here nor do i think the Mets would shell out that type of money at the catcher's spot.

    Salty would be a decent pickup for his power but i guess we'll have to see.
    Salty would be a fine pickup. We need some pop behind the plate. As long as the farm isn't mortgaged for him and we don't have to give up Ike, Harvey or Wheeler I'd be perfectly fine with it but as for a free agent signing backstop I'd take Martin.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Nickeas is off the 40 man, and Recker is on.

    If no moves are made, we would have a Thole and Recker combo.
    That combo would be a Thotal Reck. lol

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,753
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Salty would be a fine pickup. We need some pop behind the plate. As long as the farm isn't mortgaged for him and we don't have to give up Ike, Harvey or Wheeler I'd be perfectly fine with it but as for a free agent signing backstop I'd take Martin.
    Well the good thing he is a FA in 2014.

    If the Mets dont do much as the catchers spot this offseason (which they most likely won't) he'll be out there for the taking after next year.

    It would be a good move for the Mets but we will have to see if they have that "payroll flexibility" they claim they will have in 2014.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    That combo would be a Thotal Reck. lol



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •