Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Around the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    How has Utah seamlessly gone through a rebuild with no affect after losing Deron Williams, who was in the discussion as a top 5 player in the league at the time of his trade?

I think it is all about a culture of winning, and fan expectations. These two things can speed up a rebuild so quick, and it is something the Wolves did not have going into their rebuild. College sports, and professional sports are much more similar than people may realize...its also the reason why the Lakers won't stay down for long, whenever their time comes.
    because since Deron ran Sloan out of the league he has not been a top 30 player??

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Just saw that Hollinger was hired for a front office gig with Memphis. While I'm happy for the guy, I now officially have no reason to read ESPN.
    That's depressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    How has Utah seamlessly gone through a rebuild with no affect after losing Deron Williams, who was in the discussion as a top 5 player in the league at the time of his trade?

I think it is all about a culture of winning, and fan expectations. These two things can speed up a rebuild so quick, and it is something the Wolves did not have going into their rebuild. College sports, and professional sports are much more similar than people may realize...its also the reason why the Lakers won't stay down for long, whenever their time comes.
    Because they draft well, and when they deal their players they get value like Favors and good picks. Plus, their owner isn't a douchebag, and they never hired Kurt Rambis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Because they draft well, and when they deal their players they get value like Favors and good picks. Plus, their owner isn't a douchebag, and they never hired Kurt Rambis.
    Our owner is not a douchebag. I am not sure why you would imply that. Glen Taylor has repeatedly gone over the cap in attempts to put a good product on the court, and now, as he is looking to sell the team, he is making sure that the new owner would have no intentions of moving the team. Taylors faults come down to having too much loyalty, and giving too much trust in the GM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789