Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NBA

vCash
    I have watched all of the Houston game to see Harden's debut...what a night for him.

vCash
    Yeah, Hardens debut was nuts, but by the end of the game, he will have played about 44 minutes...and Houston needed him for all of those 44 minutes for the win. I would be real excited about him if I were a Houston fan, while at the same time, being concerned about the wear and tare of how much of the load he will have to carry...only one game into the season, but I think it is safe to say that Harden could contend for the scoring title because, he is that talented, and because Houston will need him to score a lot.

vCash
    now, on to the GSW game to watch Curry, and Harrison Barnes, who I believe may end up being the steal of this draft.

vCash
    Houston won't be a playoff team as constructed THIS season.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Fear the Beard. He did look good tonight, but who else is going to step up??? They won't make the playoffs.

vCash
    are you guys under the impression I said they will make the playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    not at all.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    You guys are forgetting about the one and only linsanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    You guys are forgetting about the one and only linsanity.
    "okay" is the perfect way to describe him tonight.

vCash
    If you guys want to watch a really boring game, turn GSW vs Phoenix on.

vCash
    Its amazing how all of these players who used to be considered key parts of our rebuild, just disappear after they leave our team...Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith, Foye etc...etc... Beasley, Wes J, Darko and Ellington may join that list soon. I think Martell Webster may have a place in the league, and I noticed Gerald Green started for Indiana tonight in Grangers absence...Al Jefferson has also continued to make a name for himself after he left us. But currently, I have no ill feelings towards any of those guys leaving our team.

though, I do feel like Randy Foye could fill a role on our team, as the ball handling SG who can hit the 3, that Adelman likes...this feeling is not a result of his solid play tonight for Utah, I have felt that him coming back here would be a good idea dating back to about the midway point of last season.

vCash
    Nope. Many people think they will, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Nope. Many people think they will, though.
    They do have a player on the verge of superstardom...but really nothing else to go with him. They needed (absolutely needed) all 44 minutes from Harden to get the win tonight.

Sounds like a Kevin Love type situation in Houston right now.

vCash
    Its amazing how all of these players who used to be considered key parts of our rebuild, just disappear after they leave our team...Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith, Foye etc...etc... Beasley, Wes J, Darko and Ellington may join that list soon. I think Martell Webster may have a place in the league, and I noticed Gerald Green started for Indiana tonight in Grangers absence...Al Jefferson has also continued to make a name for himself after he left us. But currently, I have no ill feelings towards any of those guys leaving our team.

though, I do feel like Randy Foye could fill a role on our team, as the ball handling SG who can hit the 3, that Adelman likes...this feeling is not a result of his solid play tonight for Utah, I have felt that him coming back here would be a good idea dating back to about the midway point of last season.
    Webster has been an injury issue all along. He was great his very 1st preseason with us until his back acted up. We are supposedly supposed to get closure on the pick/cash demands this December over the Wolves insisting that Portland knowingly packaged damaged goods.

Foye is a good backup and I always thought that we screwed up his development by insisting that he be a pass-first PG. Green was supposed to be the next T-Mac only he looked like a lost deer on defense. Maybe Wes can figure it out, but the rest all have their fatal flaws.

Beasley's a chucker.
    Telfair never learned to put his speed to good use.
    Gomes is oh so forgetable and a tweener at that.
    Smith is too short to play defense.
    Darko just doesn't give a ****.
    Ellington is undersized and lacks the handles to make up for it.

Imagine if Bill Simmons had gotten the GM job and was trying to build around Foye and Jefferson He probably would have traded for Thabeet and drafted Aminu a year later. At least Kahn got Rubio

vCash
    A telling image I saw while watching GSW vs PHO...

4th quarter, PHO down by 3...Gentry calls timeout with about 10 seconds in the game left...in the huddle, Beasley is trying to get involved...he had not played in almost a quarter, and got his minutes taken from him by something named PJ Tucker...behind Beasley, is Wesley Johnson in his warmup uniform...Wes had not played a single minute the entire game...Wes appears to be giggling about something the entire timeout.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast