Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    24,361
    vCash
    1500

    Top defenders awarded with Gold Gloves

    American League
    C: Matt Wieters, BAL (2nd award)
    1B: Mark Teixeira, NYY (5)
    2B: Robinson Cano, NYY (2)
    3B: Adrian Beltre, TEX (4)
    SS: J.J. Hardy, BAL (1)
    LF: Alex Gordon, KC (2)
    CF: Adam Jones, BAL (2)
    RF: Josh Reddick, OAK (1)
    P: Tie: Jeremy Hellickson, TB (1); Jake Peavy, CWS (1)

    National League
    C: Yadier Molina, STL (5)
    1B: Adam LaRoche, WAS (1)
    2B: Darwin Barney, CHC (1)
    3B: Chase Headley, SD (1)
    SS: Jimmy Rollins, PHI (4)
    LF: Carlos Gonzalez, COL (2)
    CF: Andrew McCutchen, PIT (1)
    RF: Jason Heyward, ATL (1)
    P: Mark Buehrle, MIA (4)

    Each Major League manager and up to six coaches on each staff voted from a pool of qualified players in their respective league. Voters cannot select players from their own team.
    http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/new...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,932
    vCash
    1500
    How in the **** did Trout not win CF GG?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,393
    vCash
    1500
    These awards are jokes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    5,513
    vCash
    1500
    Eh I respect that Adam Jones won the CF GG. He deserves it but Trout does too. I'd give it to Jones this year though. I'm sure the next 5 or so seasons trout will win it.

    Congrats to Yadi on #5!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,932
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Eh I respect that Adam Jones won the CF GG. He deserves it but Trout does too. I'd give it to Jones this year though. I'm sure the next 5 or so seasons trout will win it.

    Congrats to Yadi on #5!
    No chance Jones deserved that over Trout. Jones is a pretty good defender, but Trout is an outstanding defender. Covers more ground as well. It's not really close
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    5,513
    vCash
    1500
    No argument that trout can cover more ground at all. I agree he deserved it too but Jones did too. Trout probably should have gotten it but thats up to the MLB.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,932
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    No argument that trout can cover more ground at all. I agree he deserved it too but Jones did too. Trout probably should have gotten it but thats up to the MLB.
    Jones did not deserve that. It was given to him and taken from Trout. Disgusting
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,283
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    These awards are jokes
    At least they are getting better.

    only like 4 really bad choices this time.

    Which is a huge improvement from the days of Jeter winning it and Palmerio winning it while DHing


    Congrats to Yadier btw, 5 in a row is something special, only done by hall of fame caliber players.

    Not saying Yadi is, but he is helping build that case up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •