Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    And we would destroy the lakers on the perimeter. Also Dwight would foul out by the 3rd qtr vs wade and lebron.
    I hope your right. I'm still going back and forth on whether to sign Kenyon Martin or not, I'm leaning towards signing him and cutting Harris.

vCash
    Believe me, I love what Harris has done for us in the past. He's a solid shooter and he competes defensively, but there just isn't a need for him with LBJ/Miller/Battier/Jones here. Pittman has a guaranteed contract, and Harrellson, despite his lack of minutes, is actually very good for what we want to do offensively and can bang down low with the bigger centers defensively.

Kenyon Martin is just better suited as our starting PF. He's an ideal fit.

vCash
    if martin signs the pretty much means UD would get no minutes on this team.

vCash
    Really? I think that would speak to Rashard Lewis getting little to no minutes here. If 'Shard continues to be an abomination on defense he won't be getting minutes much longer. I'm shocked UD isn't playing more to be honest with you......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Really? I think that would speak to Rashard Lewis getting little to no minutes here. If 'Shard continues to be an abomination on defense he won't be getting minutes much longer. I'm shocked UD isn't playing more to be honest with you......
    Lewis should be playing very little, and he should not be playing PF. he should be playing SF.

Lebron at the 4 is still the most lethal matchup in the NBA. no other 4 can guard him. Personally, martin is to much of a head case to be on this team. There is a reason no one has offered him the min yet. Looking forward to see how we play defense this next week. Past 2 years we ranked top 5 in def, but with lewis and allen playing 20min a night that seems impossible.

Problem with lewis playing the 4 is you need a solid center next to him. Lewis should only be in the game when someone like joel anthony is beside him.

play lewis and anthny together 7min a half and give ud 10 min a half.

I think we can all agree, more UD less lewis.

vCash
    I can agree with that no question. Martin is athletic too, and he'd help our rebounding (not that it's this big personnel issue to begin with anyway, rebounding is a heart and hustle stat).

vCash
    Honestly UD needs a break. He's been struggling since last season, and I think he can play a Juwan Howard type role until he gets back into his groove and we can play Martin until then.

Also on cutting Harris, we can just resign him next season after Pittmans contract ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Honestly UD needs a break. He's been struggling since last season, and I think he can play a Juwan Howard type role until he gets back into his groove and we can play Martin until then.

Also on cutting Harris, we can just resign him next season after Pittmans contract ends.
    I think we need to play UD more because he needs to get that jumper back. Just 2 seaons ago he was near automatic from the 15feet, we could really use his defense and rebounding.

vCash
    I think we need to play UD more because he needs to get that jumper back. Just 2 seaons ago he was near automatic from the 15feet, we could really use his defense and rebounding.
    There's probably a reason why he's not playing more, he's only averaging 12 minutes and grabbing 3 rebounds per in the first 3 games. He looks slow out there and should be excelling against the second unit of other teams which he's failed to do so far. Like I said, if he proves to the coaching staff in practices that he is able to contribute like we are used to, then he'll get more minutes.

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=777196

what a bunch of homers. same posters are going to be crying after they lose 2 in a row

vCash

Around The NBA 2012-2013 Season

I hope they realize that their big man depth is meaningless against us. No way would those guys be able to match up with our smaller lineups, and with the attackers we have they'd easily get in foul trouble.

But hey, they're 3-0. I can't blame them for being excited.

vCash
    If we get Kenyon then UD loses his minutes SteBO. They won't cut Shard's minutes yet.

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    its interesting between UD and Lewis. 2 years ago lewis wouldnt get any play time becuase his defense is so bad, now its as if spo is placing a higher priority on a players ability to space the floor then defend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    If we get Kenyon then UD loses his minutes SteBO. They won't cut Shard's minutes yet.
    I understand the Lewis narrative for sure, but knowing that defense is our staple, why in the world would Lewis continue to get minutes at this rate, with his ineptitude on that end?

vCash
    its interesting between UD and Lewis. 2 years ago lewis wouldnt get any play time becuase his defense is so bad, now its as if spo is placing a higher priority on a players ability to space the floor then defend.
    If this is true, then he's made complete a 180 in terms of our identity.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast