Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Three O's win Rawlings Gold Gloves!

Congrats to the three O's who are getting recognized for their defensive excellence.

Matt Wieters-2nd GG, 2nd year in a row

Adam Jones- 2nd GG, won his first in 2009

JJ Hardy-1st GG

This is great. There are 9 AL players to receive Gold Gloves and 3 of them are O's! Hopefully, we can keep imporving defensively to make our pitchers that much better.

vCash
    That's awesome, I was iffy on if Wieters would win it. Great regardless. Also good to see AJ finally get a GG again. Hardy with his 1st, he definitely deserved it.

vCash
    I really don't get how Jones wins these. He's not a good defensive CF from using stats or by using the eye test. I really don't get it.

Hardy and Wieters are spectacular defensively.

vCash
    He may not have the best defensive stats, but after watching countless O's games this year, to the eye, he is solid defensively. He doesn't have the range that Trout has, but he is still really rerally good. Trout will win many GG's I'm sure, just not this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    That's awesome, I was iffy on if Wieters would win it. Great regardless. Also good to see AJ finally get a GG again. Hardy with his 1st, he definitely deserved it.
    really wieters was the one you weren't sure about, i would say jones would be the one to doubt considering who his competition is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    He may not have the best defensive stats, but after watching countless O's games this year, to the eye, he is solid defensively. He doesn't have the range that Trout has, but he is still really rerally good. Trout will win many GG's I'm sure, just not this year.
    yeah but he deserved to win this year, it shouldn't be based on eventually, he should have won now, and it's not just the range that trout has over Jones it is kind of everything, except i guess the arm.

vCash
    honestly i don't have a problem with how they won them or not. Having 3 GG winners on our team this year should help with the free agent possibilities. Baltimore finally has a buzz around the league. The number could have been easily 4 GG had Markakis not been hurt this year. I know a lot of folks complain about Jones but my goodness the mess we had in CF prior to his arrival.

dave newhan
    eugene kingsale
    luis matos
    corey patterson
    tike redman

Trout, I am sure will win his share of GG in the future but for now we have the reigning GG in CF. As an O's fan that makes me very happy.

vCash
    I liked Luis Matos...
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    What is more impressive is WHERE the gold gloves were recieved. CF, SS, C all the middle of the field positions.

Most teams that are strong defensively are built up the middle and I'm so glad to see the O's built the same way. Even if you don't believe they were gold glove caliber players, they were near the top of their respective positions and that can't be said how much that helps a teams pitching staff over the course of 162 games.

To me this was a MAJOR reason why the O's were so succesful this year.